- Series: Sun Microsystems Press Staroffice Series
- Paperback: 346 pages
- Publisher: Prentice Hall Ptr; 1st edition (December 20, 2000)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 013029389X
- ISBN-13: 978-0130293893
- Product Dimensions: 7.2 x 1 x 9.5 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.6 pounds
- Average Customer Review: Be the first to review this item
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #15,519,638 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
StarOffice 5.2 Calc Handbook Paperback – December 20, 2000
See the Best Books of 2018 So Far
Looking for something great to read? Browse our editors' picks for the best books of the year so far in fiction, nonfiction, mysteries, children's books, and much more.
From the Inside Flap
PrefaceStarOffice 5.2 Calc Handbook
This book is designed to get you up and running quickly with StarOffice Calc. Most users have had some experience with spreadsheet software and have a basic understanding of what a formula is and what a chart is supposed to look like. So, this book was designed to stay away from lengthy, overdone explanations related to features and commands. Simple, concise examples are given on how to take advantage of a particular feature and then the steps to access that feature and perform a particular task are provided. You won't get lost in a sea of theory in this book. StarOffice 5.2 Calc Handbook subscribes to the basic precept that in today's busy work-world, things need to happen fast. This book's approach to using StarOffice Calc will have you working with even the most complicated tasks quickly.
The table of contents in this book is organized so that instead of having sections listed according to the menus or commands that you use when working in StarOffice Calc, they are based on actual tasks that you perform with the application. For example, to work with a Calc function (one of Calc's built-in formulas) such as PMT, which allows you to compute the monthly payment for a loan, look in the table of contents in the chapter "Working with Functions." Listed in that chapter is the section "To Use the PMT Function." In fact, task-based sections for a number of Calc's functions are easily accessible in this chapter. A conscious effort was made as part of the overall design for this book not to bury important information in an unrelated section as a fifth-level header that, by the way, might not even get listed in the table of contents. Like tasks are grouped together in the chapters of this book.Feedback
While every effort has been made to ensure that this book is accurate and timely, there is no doubt that some errors will be found or that information in this book will be overtaken by subsequent releases of StarOffice. If you find anything in need of correction, please let me know at firstname.lastname@example.org. I will ensure that the necessary corrections are made in future editions or in errata.
From the Back Cover
- The easy-access, task-oriented guide to StarOffice Calc!
- Absolute basics to advanced data analysis
- Communicate your data: Formatting, charting, printing, and Web publishing
- Exchange files with Microsoft Excel users
- For Windows, Linux, Solaris, and other platforms
- Endorsed by Sun, publishers of StarOffice!
Maximize your productivity with StarOffice Calc the easy way!
StarOffice Calc is your complete, task-focused guide to StarOffice Calc, the spreadsheet component of StarOffice the world's #1 open source productivity suite! From the absolute basics to advanced data analysis, you'll find step-by-step, quick-access coverage of everything you need to know to get productive and stay productive. Coverage includes:
- All the fundamentals -- fast! Values, formulas, functions, formatting, and much more
- Exploring StarOffice Calc's powerful spreadsheet views
- Building reliable spreadsheets with StarOffice Calc's auditing features
- Expert data analysis: Subtotals, consolidation, sensitivity analysis, goal seek, and scenarios
- Working with lists and databases
- Powerful communication with StarOffice charts
- Publishing spreadsheets on the Web or your corporate intranet
- Working with Microsoft Excel files and Microsoft Excel users
Don't just run StarOffice Calc! Master it, with the book that delivers all the answers with none of the hassles: StarOffice Calc.
|5 star (0%)|
|4 star (0%)|
|3 star (0%)|
|2 star (0%)|
|1 star (0%)|