- Series: Sun Microsystems Press Staroffice Series
- Paperback: 410 pages
- Publisher: Prentice Hall Ptr; 1st edition (December 19, 2000)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0130293865
- ISBN-13: 978-0130293862
- Product Dimensions: 6.8 x 1 x 9 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.8 pounds
- Average Customer Review: Be the first to review this item
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #15,389,904 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
StarOffice 5.2 Writer Handbook Paperback – December 19, 2000
|New from||Used from|
See the Best Books of 2018 So Far
Looking for something great to read? Browse our editors' picks for the best books of the year so far in fiction, nonfiction, mysteries, children's books, and much more.
From the Inside Flap
IntroductionStarOffice Writer Handbook
Upon writing this book, individuals using StarOffice Writer on a daily basis were asked about the type of things that they wanted in a Writer book. The overwhelming response was, "Don't go into long explanations on what the features are, just give us an example and tell us the exact steps to perform the task." And accordingly, this is the fundamental precept for this book. You won't find lengthy explanations that don't get the job done; instead, you'll learn when a task should be performed and the exact steps to make it happenfast!
For example, we all know what a table of contents is: you use it to locate specific places in your document according to main headings and other in-text references, such as tables or illustrations. As you might guess, this book explains how to open your document, perform the steps, and end up with a table of contents.
This example segues nicely into talking about the table of contents contained in this book. It is organized so that instead of having sections listed according to the menus or commands in the book, they are listed based on the task you want to perform. (Of course, they are arranged based on similar Writer features so that you don't have to look through the entire table of contents each time you want to find something.) For example, if you want to know how to create a new template, find the chapter on "Styles and Templates" and locate the section "To Create a New Template." It will be there, instead of being buried in an unrelated section as a fifth level header that, by the way, might not even get listed in the table of contents. Of course, you can and should use the index as well, but this book makes both the table of contents and the index a valuable resource for finding the tasks you want to perform.
In today's busy work-world, where things need to happen fast, StarOffice Writer Handbook will have you quickly working with even the most complicated tasks. Feedback
While every effort has been made to ensure that this book is accurate and timely, there is no doubt that some errors will be found or that information in this book will be overtaken by subsequent releases of StarOffice. If you find anything in need of correction, please let me know at warner58@home. I will ensure that the necessary corrections are made in future releases or in errata.
From the Back Cover
- The easy access, task-oriented guide to StarOffice Writer
- Covers everything from basics to advanced collaboration and automation
- Publish your content on the Web or corporate intranets
- For Solaris, Linux, Windows, and other platforms
Maximize your productivity with StarOffice Writer.
StarOffice Writer Handbook is a step-by-step guide to StarOffice Writer,the word processing component of StarOfficethe world 's #1 open source productivity suite. From the basics to advanced collaboration and document automation, you'll find easily accessed coverage of all the features you need to know to get productive quickly.
- All the fundamentalsediting, formatting, proofing, and much more
- Automating your work with styles, templates, AutoText boilerplate, and macros
- Creating high-impact documents with graphics, charts, multimedia, and other objects
- Collaborating with document review and team writing features
- Publishing content on the Web or your corporate intranet
- Building long documents with automated contents, footnotes, index entries, and cross-references.
StarOffice Writer Handbook is the one book that delivers all the answers you need with none of the hassles.
|5 star (0%)|
|4 star (0%)|
|3 star (0%)|
|2 star (0%)|
|1 star (0%)|