Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: StarTech.com 6 ft Mini DisplayPort to DisplayPort 1.2 Adapter Cable M/M - DisplayPort 4k with HBR2 support - 6 feet Mini DP to DP Cable
Amazon Vehicles Buy 2 kids' books and save Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now

on November 8, 2012
Cable is not VESA compliant. Hence, you will have issues with waking up your connected display when resuming your computer from a soft (screen only off) or hard (low power state) sleep. Pin 20 is connected. Hence, both the display and computer try to provide 3.3V on pin 20. This causes link negotiation issues, which leads to the aforementioned inability to "wake" the connected display. Tested on 2 different displays and 2 different computers with mini display ports, for a total of 4 configurations that all showed that the cable is at fault.
1616 comments| 168 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 17, 2011
I bought this cable to use with my new 13" MacBook Pro, connecting with a new Dell 30 inch monitor, U3011. The monitor kept falling into sleep mode and I had continual issues, which I thought were a compatibility problem between my new Macbook Pro and the monitor. I then found this mini display port adapter cable from another manufacturer and since installing it I have had zero issues in regards to performance and compatibility between my MacBook Pro and my new Dell monitor. This Star Tech cable has some serious compatibility and intermittent problems when being used with the new MacBook Pro connecting to Dell monitor U3011.
I purchased my replacement cable from circuit assembly and I am now running 100% error-free.
44 comments| 40 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 7, 2010
I tried many adapters to achieve the best resolution that my new Dell 30-inch monitor offered. Took many days and this was the ONLY adapter that worked.
While I was able to get the normal and very good resolution of HDMI adapter/cords (1900) and okay but higher resolution with VGA (2048 x 1280), this ten buck cord did the trick. It caused a great deal of flickering of the screen until I enabled MIRRORING and made sure that Overscan was off. At first the cord and the monitor and my laptop were, shall we say, in negotiations on what resolution would be provided. Staying in the system preferences, display boxes, clicking and un-clicking mirroring, I was able to get the maximum resolution of the monitor which is 2540 x1600. I tried the Apple Minidisplay port to dual-link display port adapter and that was a waste of time and it will be returned shortly. The resolution it gave was around 1600x but it looked horrible, made the monitor appear as one of the original and huge CRT monitors from the 80s. I highly recommend this cord, nice gold plated connections and I will likely buy another.
44 comments| 32 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 19, 2012
Well, what else can you really say for a review of a cable? The price is right and it functions perfectly.

My motivation for writing a review is for a niche group of consumers who may which to know this tidbit of information -- I'm using this to connect my work laptop, a PC, to my home display -- a 27" Apple iMac. The iMac doubles as an external display with an HDPC-compliant source, and I can confirm that this cable works just fine in this configuration for both video and audio.

Recommended without reservations!
on September 1, 2012
Cable worked out of the box, simply and with no drama. I use it to connect an incredible Microcenter Auria WQHD (2560x1440) resolution $400 monitor to my 2012 iMac 27", using the displayport/thunderbolt port on back of iMac. The cable is a great value and worked w/o any problems. Could not be more happier with value and performance.
on May 7, 2013
This is the cable you need if you have a Mac Mini or other Mac with a Thunderbolt (grown-up display port) port and are running a Display Port capable monitor. I have a late 2012 Mac Mini and a Dell U2713HM monitor (which IS the same LCD panel as the Thunderbolt display, by the way). Initially I used the included adapters to connect the monitor and was stuck at 1920x1080. The monitor is capable of 2560x1440 so I was pretty worried. However I soon discovered that the HDMI to DVI is maxed out at this resolution. To get full resolution you need mini display port to display port. That's MINI Display Port to FULL SIZE Display Port. This is important. Mini display port is the same connector as Thunderbolt. This is a hard cable to find, no local stores and not even Apple have it. This is a little 3-footer and is perfect since the Mac Mini is right under the monitor anyway. Plug it in and lo-and-behold.....full resolution!! Sweet. You also get the choice of a ton of resolutions from 2560x1440, 2048x1152, 1920x1440, 1600x1200, 1600x900, ..........and several more all the way down to 640x480.
on January 11, 2013
I bought this cable to hook up a Macbook Air 2011 to a Dell U2713 high resolution 27in. display. After connecting the cable and selecting the displayport input in the Dell and setting the displays prefs in the Macbook Air to 2560 by 1440, I woke up the Macbook and it went to the high res mode immediately. The cable works as advertised in my setup. Wake from sleep is quick. I'm very happy with this cable.
on October 12, 2012
I purchased this 6 ft cable from NuImage, not Amazon direct. Cable works perfect for 13" MacBook Pro 2012 (Ivy Bridge CPU, Intel 4000 video). Display - AURIA EQ276W 27" IPS LED Monitor (purchased at Microcenter) with resolution 2560x1440. Image is perfect. MacBook Pro laptop goes to sleep and wakes up with this cable/monitor normally. Highly recommend this cable for 2560x1440 resolution.
on May 3, 2014
I purchased this this cable back in Oct 2012 for my Dell 2560x1440 monitor.I recently purchased a Samsung U28D590D monitor.Now, the display port cable that came with the Samsung works fine for 4k.My graphics card (R9 295X2) has only 4 mini displayport connections,and 1 dvi.So,i had to use a mini displayport to displayport adapter.So i this morning i got out my Star Tech cable from the closet ,and plugged it in.I fired up my PC,and bam 4K resolution on start up.Great cable, i can officially say it supports 4K.
on November 15, 2012
Bought this cable to connect my macbook pro 15" to Nixeus Vue and this cable. I was getting no signal and the computer kept going to sleep mode. THe Nixeus tech support immediately claimed that this relates to cable I am using. After switching to a higher quality cable using copper as the core, the monitor started working. Avoid this cable if you are using high resolution monitors.