Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Weekly One ft Vant PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Wonder Woman now available on Blu-ray, 3D, and 4K Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 2,391 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 2,596 reviews
on July 27, 2016
This little adapter worked pretty well, but it was a little too bulky and stuck out too much. The fact that it stuck out so much left it vulnerable to being bumped and damaging the port it was plugged into. I was using it on my nokia lumia 2520 tablet and it functioned fine and it fit ok also. The Nokia Lumia 2520 has a micro usb 3.0 slot, but the way the micro usb 3.0 slot is made it basically has a place for a micro usb 2.0 to fit and then a little additional part. A usb 3.0 adapter uses both parts of the port while a usb 2.0 adapter like this one only plugs into the 2.0 portion of the port. I was able to use a variety of usb devices with this adapter and had no problem. I used a mouse, a min keyboard, and a thumb drive using this adapter and it made using my tablet much nicer. I had no issue with it's function only it's form. For the price it is a good investment but personally I ended up being much happier with an adapter that had a short cord so it was flexible and less likely to damage the port on my tablet.
on November 8, 2013
Worked with no problems with my Dell Venue 8 Pro, have used it to plug in various USB devices - no issues.
33 comments| 85 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 19, 2014
I have a whole drawer full of useless, non-functional OTG cables I bought that simply aren't fully wired and don't work at all on my Galaxy S4. And none of them could be plugged into my S$ without removing the Otterbox case. The Otterbox is absolutely non-negotiable, and there's no way I'm going to remove it every time I want to use an "On The Go" device.

I actually removed the Otterbox and tried every one of these cables and, although the OTG was always detected when plugged directly into the phone, it was never detected when connected through the cables. One cable was even impossible to plug in to ports on any device. All these other makers must be adhering to some mysterious wiring protocol - otherwise, how could there be so many duds on the market?

The first and only OTG cable I've ever found that actually works on my S4 is this "StarTech.com 5in Micro USB to USB OTG" I just received from Amazon. It's attractive and nicely made, fits easily into any USB port, and works with my Otterbox. The rest are all going into the "circular file".
on September 5, 2015
This is the fifth StarTech cable/adapter I've purchased. The quality of this is great but the lifetime replacement warranty is what makes this AMAZING! My cables for charging my phone and tablet get a lot of use and normally have something wrong with them after about a year. With their super easy to use warranty i have replaced cables three times over the last 4 years for free. Oh and they pay for the shipping both ways also. Another thing I love about these guys is they make cables for EVERYTHING I could ever need. The StarTech.com website makes it quick to find whatever you need. So now I'm done with throwing away and then buying replacement cables for good.
I would give this more stars if I could! I have an OTG USB/micro USB flash drive that I could not put in my Samsung 6 phone because the Ottercase was in the way. I didn't want to remove the case every time, so I bought this adapter. It works great and has a small-ish footprint so it doesn't stick out too far. I added a couple of folders to my flash drive so now I put my photos in one and movies in the other. Frees up room on my cell phone for more apps.
on September 18, 2017
I purchased one of these last year, for when I would need to use it with a Trezor hardware crypto wallet. A couple weeks ago, I finally had need of it, only to find that it would not work. I tried swapping ends around, as some people mentioned online. No luck. The first cable had been bouncing around in my backpack pretty much since the day I bought it, and while it looked fine, I figured maybe it had just become damaged and needed to be replaced.

"Fine, my fault," I thought, "I'll just buy another one."

The second one arrived today. Not only does it not work with any of the phones I've tried to use it with, but in one case, it's actually causing problems. When I plug it into a Samsung Galaxy S4, the phone thinks it's being charged. Which is interesting because the device on the other end doesn't have any power of any kind at all. And it happens even when nothing is plugged in on the other end. But it gets worse. When I unplug the cable, the phone STILL thinks it is charging. I have to power it off completely and turn it back on before it'll understand that it's not plugged in.

No other USB cable causes this sort of problem with my phones, and all of my devices work with other OTG devices just fine.

Looking online, I'm finding other reviews of people having similar problems with this Startech OTG cable.

I am left with no choice to conclude that this is just a bad product. Both times now.

I will be returning the second one, and giving the first one to my pets. Maybe they will be able to get more use out of it than I could.
on May 18, 2017
Works well with Motorola Droid Turbo and Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 (SM-T710).
Also used to transfer files from SanDisk's iXpand Flash drive (which is meant for iOS).

Update 2017-06-08:
On Moto Droid, the built-in file manager works as expected when copying files to OTG connected drives with the cable. Others, such as Moto File Manager, don't let you select the connected drive as the destination. It also worked with 64 GB drives without any problems.
on March 28, 2015
This thing is pretty darn cool, I can use it with a wireless keyboard/mouse (must have default keyboard selected as input vs swiftkey or other aftermarket keyboard) a little black mouse arrow shows up on your phone screen, left mouse button is normal, click to open/select while the right mouse button functions as your back arrow and the scroll wheel scrolls and switches home screens. I can also use this with a usb flash drive to transfer (rather quickly) files to and from the phone/flash drive. the first time I plugged this into my phone it had quite a bit of resistance but after that initial use it goes in like any other device. Defiantly holds on to your phone, no worries of it falling out of coming loose.
The manufacturer commented on the review below
on July 2, 2017
I got this to go from a Raspberry Pi 0w (USB micro) to my Monoprice Maker Select 3D printer (USB mini). The first cable didn't work. They sent a second: It didn't work either. USB micro -> USB A -> USB mini works fine, so I know that it isn't my hardware. I really wanted this to work... :(
P.S. I verified with lsusb that the Pi didn't see the printer, but I didn't try any other devices. Life's too short.
44 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
This is a superb StarTech MICRO USB OTG USB Adapter. The quality is excellent and this I prefer over my older OTG Micro Adapters that had the cord on it.
This one is so easy to use, I just placed my flash drive in the adapter and plugged it into my devices. This will work on a device with a Micro port that is OTG Compatible for example: Galaxy S2, S2 Skyrocket, S3, S4, Note, NoteII, Note III, Note 8 and the Tab 3 8.0. Also this adapter worked with every flash drive I tried in it perfectly.

For some devices, it will not work in these NON COMPATIBLE devices: S3 Mini, Galaxy Grand, Samsung Galaxy Players and older phones with micro. To be sure you will need to make sure that your device will accept an OTG adapter that it will work with an OTG Adapter.

Wonderful item! Highly recommend this.