StarTech.com USB 3.0 to SATA IDE HDD Docking Station for 2.5in or 3.5in Hard Drive
|Price:||$85.56 & FREE Shipping|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Brand StarTech, Model UNIDOCKU33
- Packaged Quantity: 1, Product Type: Drive Dock, Number of Total Expansion Bays: 2, Number of 2.5"/3.5" Bays: 2, Wireless LAN: No, UASP Support: Yes, Drive Interface: Serial ATA/600,
- Host Interface: USB 3.0, Color: Black, Material: Plastic, Cooling Fan: No, Form Factor: External, Height: 2.8", Width: 5.1", Depth: 5.5", Weight (Approximate): 1.34 lb,
- Package Contents: Universal docking station for 2.5/3.5in SATA and IDE hard drives - USB 3.0 UASP, 1 x USB 3.0 Cable, 1 x IDE 40 to 40 Pin Cable, 1 x LP4 Power Cable, 1 x 40 Pin + LP4 to 44 Pin IDE Cable, 1 x Universal Power Adapter (NA/UK/EU/AUS), 1 x Instruction Manual,
- Environmentally Friendly: Yes, Environmental Certification: RoHS, Limited Warranty: 2 Year,
There is a newer model of this item:
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
Reduce workspace clutter, with upright slot-loading design
The slot-loading design holds the SATA and IDE drive(s) upright inside the docks, neatly keeping them off the desk, for convenience and a clutter-free setup. For SATA drives, the HDD can be inserted and connected directly through the designated dock slot, while the IDE drive slot is conveniently positioned near the rear panel 40-pin data and LP4 power connections, making it easy to connect to the dock using the included IDE data and power cables.
Versatile connection options
Connected to the host computer through a single USB 3.0 connection, both an IDE hard drive and a SATA hard drive (SATA, SATA II, SATA III) can be connected to the HDD dock simultaneously - a convenient solution for migrating data from an IDE drive to a SATA drive or vice versa, or simply harnessing fast and simple access to the contents on both hard drives. Large capacity drives (tested with up to 4TB 3.5 inch and 1TB 2.5 inch drives) can be used to greatly enhance your computer's storage/ backup capabilities.
Connect both IDE and SATA hard drives using top slot-loading bays through USB 3.0
- Transfer files directly between a SATA and IDE hard drive, without having to transfer to the host computer first, or use multiple devices.
- Quick access to 2.5/3.5 inch drives, for data retrieval.
- Data recovery specialists who need quick access to drives for imaging.
- Backup data quickly to an external drive for archiving.
- Technicians who test or benchmark multiple hard drives.
StarTech .com Packaging
Look for StarTech .com Branded Packaging to ensure you are getting a genuine StarTech .com product.
What's in the Box?
1 - Universal Hard Drive Dock
1 - 40 Pin + LP4 to 44 Pin IDE Cable
1 - 40 PIN IDE Cable
1 - LP4 Power Cable
1 - USB 3.0 Cable
1 - Power Cord
1 - Power Adapter
1 - Instruction Manual
- Top slot-loading SATA and IDE drive bays
- SuperSpeed USB 3.0 compliant host interface, which supports transfer rates up to 5 Gbps
- Patented drive ejection mechanism for SATA drives
- Combined power switch and status LED for each drive
- Compatible with PATA (IDE) 66/100/133 MBps hard drives
- Compatible with SATA revision 1/2/3 (1.5/3.0/6.0 Gbps) drives
- Supports 2.5" or 3.5" form factor hard drives (HDD) or solid state drives (SSD)
- Compact, desktop-style form factor
- Plug-and-Play and hot-swap compatible
Compare to similar items
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||IPC-Store||Sisun||BSTOP1||Wanlongxin||Amazon.com||Cable Matters|
|Item Dimensions||5.12 x 5.51 x 2.76 in||4.52 x 6.49 x 4.13 in||4.2 x 5.8 x 3.1 in||4.8 x 7.5 x 4.3 in||2.95 x 3.86 x 0.71 in||6.4 x 7.5 x 3.5 in|
Style:USB 3.0 (SATA/IDE) The UNIDOCKU33 USB 3.0 Universal HDD / SSD Dock enables you to instantly access your 2.5 or 3.5in IDE and SATA hard drives through two top loading drive slots, saving you the hassle of mounting the drives into a computer or external enclosure or tray. Enhanced with UASP (USB Attached SCSI Protocol), this hard drive docking station lets you get the most out of the fastest drive technologies such as SATA III (6 Gbps), solid state drives (SSD) and hybrid, drives with performance up to 70% faster than conventional USB 3.0 when paired with a UASP-enabled host controller. See our UASP testing results below for further details. The slot-loading design holds the SATA and IDE drives upright inside the docks, neatly keeping them off the desk, for convenience and a clutter-free setup. For SATA drives, the HDD can be inserted and connected directly through the designated dock slot, while the IDE drive slot is conveniently positioned near the rear panel 40-pin data and LP4 power connections, making it easy to connect to the dock using the included IDE data and power cables. A single USB 3.0 connection to your host computer, enables access to both the IDE & SATA hard drives simultaneously - a convenient solution for migrating data from an IDE drive to a SATA drive or vice versa. The dock can also be used to greatly increase the storage and backup capabilities of your computer system with support for high capacity drives (tested with up to 6TB 3.5 and 2TB 2.5 drives). The UNIDOCKU33 is backed by a StarTech.com 2-year warranty and free lifetime technical support.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
1. Plug in a spare hard drive and do a PC backup using the StarTech as an external hard drive
2. With the StarTech you can transfer data from an IDE to a SATA drive
3. As an external drive, you can run diagnostics on a 3.5 or 2.5 Sata/IDE drive from your PC
4. It Utilizes the speed of USB 3.0 for all back and forth data communications
Don't know why I waited so long to purchase it! It has worked out perfectly for these tasks. Received the item quickly as always from Amazon. Highly recommend this product both as a tech accessory and external HD.
-This guy will connect to older IDE drives. If you still have older legacy drives, there are two external connector dongles for the power and 40 pin ribbon for these drives and works great.
-The top slot for SATA drives has a smaller opening to give guidance for 2.5" drives. Easier to put them in and a nice lever to eject them.
-USB 2.0 - This is nothing major but it is a consideration. You will kill yourself trying to find another with IDE support and be USB 3.0 simply because of age of the technology and need of the market.
This is not rocket science, this is a hard drive docking station. I would certainly buy it again if I needed another and we do own two of these but with IDE becoming near extinct, most users would probably be better off with something full SATA. We have another cloner from StarTech that acts like a dock as well and is USB 3.0 that is great as well.
Minus one for the ridiculously short USB cable. Unless you optimise your cabling for this unit or put it on your bench backwards you *will* pay for a longer cable. My USB hub is front-facing on a shelf right underneath the unit but the cable barely comes up to the front of the unit (on the side on which it plugs in in the back), never mind the extra two inches it would take to reach the hub. Shows that someone failed to apply enough thought to to the needs of the end user.
It's also pretty fast--with a newish SATA drive, and connected via USB3, I was WRITING to the drive at ~90MB per second. Didn't check read speed. PATA drives are naturally slower of course. Yes, both a PATA and SATA drive can be loaded at the same time.
The bad: Some of my PATA drives are very, very old, and this dock did not like the older ones. Maybe it's not as tolerant of drive errors, or can't fallback to the slower speeds of the older drives, I'm not sure, but the same drives that flaked out in the dock worked when moved to an old PATA enclosure I had.
Also, I'm a little wary that thinner drives aren't held very securely. Could cause a problem in the future. You may want to wedge something in with the drive to keep it still if you've got a thin drive.
Overall: Good, fast, convenient.
I was also able to connect two other internal HDD's that I had in an older PC and transfer important data onto my netbook flawlessly. Having both connections types (SATA & PATA) is a major plus, being that both older HDD's were the latter.
Also, being able to connect 2 HDD's to the docking station simultaneously (one of each connection type only) makes transferring and recovering data a breeze.
I would highly recommend this this product to any consumer in the market for a docking station.