- Brand Name: StarTech
- Model Number: ECUSB3S2
- Item Package Quantity: 1
- Item Display Weight: 45 grams
- Manufacturer Warranty Description: Lifetime warranty
StarTech.com 2 Port ExpressCard SuperSpeed USB 3.0 Card Adapter with UASP Support ECUSB3S2
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- SuperSpeed USB 3.0 connectivity at up to 5Gbps on any ExpressCard enabled PC
- Small form factor that fits in 34mm and 54mm ExpressCard slots for versatility and portability
- Backed by a StarTech.com lifetime warranty and free lifetime technical support
- Fully compliant with USB 3.0 rev 1.0 specifications and Intel xHCI rev 0.96 specifications, with transfer rates up to 5Gbps
- Backwards compatible with USB 2.0 and 1.1/1.0 devices
- Provides up to 900mA of power per port, with additional power adapter
- Supports Control/Bulk/Interrupt/Isochronous USB transfer modes
- Support for up to 127 USB devices per port (requires additional USB hubs)
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
We highly recommend the customer contacts our Technical Support Team so we are able to troubleshoot with them and try and rectify their issue.
Toll free - 1-800-265-1844 E-mail - email@example.com
Top Customer Reviews
1. The CDROM it comes with is useless to install the driver. You need to go to StarTech's product page and download the driver from there: [...]. Once you do, installation is very fast.
2. You need the power AC adapter that it DOESN'T come with if you want to use it with independently-powered hard drives. You can get a universal AC adapter that works at Best Buy for $20, it's called "Dynex 1200mA Universal AC Adapter." You can also find it on Amazon here for only $9 total with shipping but the picture is that of the DX-AC500, which apparently has terrible reviews, even though it says you are buying the DX-AC1200:[...]. I bought it and figured if it wasn't the same one at Best Buy that I would just return it to Amazon and if it was I would return the one I got at Best Buy and save $10. Tech specs say the voltage on the StarTech Adaptor is 5 DC but when I set it to 4.5 on the Dynex Adaptor it's only enough to power one of my drives, when I have both plugged in, the Dynex Adaptor must be set to the next level up in voltage.
3. It is 100% unacceptable for StarTech to make a product that requires an adapter and not only not provide it with your purchase but not even make it!! They can't even tell you where to get it. This is the most backward-business thinking I have come across in a long time, the last time was when I lived in CA and dealt with their backwards government.
4. It is very flimsy and doesn't stay in place very securely, as previous reviews have mentioned.
All this said, I am willing to deal with these issues and sacrifice for the faster speed it does in fact afford. I am currently backing up 390GB of files (video/music/etc) and it says it is taking 2 1/2 hours.Read more ›
My next problem was a very loose ExpressCard/34 in my /54 slot. Very, very touchy! Seems that StarTech has a bracket to resolve this problem. (ECBRACKET). My personal (temporary) workaround is a carefully folded cardboard wedged beside the ExpressCard.
Then I tried to run my 500 Gig drive (housed in 3.0 Connected External Enclosure). I noticed a red led and a flashing blue one. The drive was constantly seeking.) I again contacted StarTech via chat AFTER waiting 25 minutes on the phone. This technician was on the verge of rude as he told me that I now needed to get an external power adapter "5V, 2000mah, Plug Type H, Center Tip Positive." When asked if StarTech had such an adapter, I was told "No." Having been a former Tech Support Engineer myself, I'd say that he's fortunate to not work for my boss. He implied that the problem was my fault for not studying the specifications. (OK, I should have, but that tech needs to learn diplomacy!)
So...Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Has never worked from day one crash my pc every time I will not send back I think amazons restocking fees are just to much I know because I sent my Panasonic KXPRL262B DECT 6.0 1. Read morePublished 9 months ago by Brian
Disk provided, but none of the drivers were for this card. Downloaded drivers from StarTech site, but device was never recognized. Returned.Published 10 months ago by router
USB devices get jammed because the port is too tight. But it works very well.Published 12 months ago by Mana' Oio'
Well I transfer audio book files as a daily practice. The average book run about 680 mb to 1.2 gb. I always have a book in my ear. It brushs away the boredom. Read morePublished 14 months ago by Carol A. Anderson
Did not work, now matter what drivers I installed. Sent it back to seller and received a refund.Published 14 months ago by Manuel
I have to remember to unplug it before I close my PC. If I do`nt, my pc get problems to go down and stop. I have Sony Vaio with Wind 7.Published 14 months ago by Øistein Darum
Don't Have Anny Drivers For MAC OSX. WORK ONLY WITH WINDOWS.CONNECTION ARE TO CLOSE TO EACH OTHER NOT ABLE TO FIT 2 FLASH DRIVES. COSTRUTION IS NOT VERY STRONG. Read morePublished 20 months ago by DJ Hi-Fi