|Graphics Card Ram Size||32|
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
StarTech.com USB to DVI External Video Card Multi Monitor Adapter with 1920x1200 Graphics Cards USB2DVIE3 (Black)
|Price:||$48.97 & FREE Shipping on orders over $49. Details|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Connect a DVI display for an extended desktop multi-monitor USB solution
- Compatible with Windows 7 & 8 USB equipped computers such as HP PRO 4300 and DVI equipped HD monitors
- USB Video / Multi Monitor Adapter / USB Video Card / USB to Video Adapter Converter
- Create a dual monitor setup in your home office
- Triple screen work station
- DVI laptop compatibility for BOYD (Bring your own Device) Applications
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
From the Manufacturer
USB-to-DVI External Video Card Multi Monitor Adapter - 1920x1200
Connect a DVI display through USB, for an external multi-monitor solution at resolutions up to 1920x1200
Add an extra DVI port to your desktop or laptop computer in minutes. Our external USB-to-DVI solution allows you to enjoy multiple monitor efficiency without opening your computer case. The USB2DVIE3 USB external video card is ideal for a wide range of applications including web browsing, multi-media presentations and video playback.
Top Buying Reasons:
- External USB to DVI video card solution - for use with monitors that support 1920x1200 resolutions
- Connect an extra DVI monitor in minutes
- Add workspace for a wide range of applications including web browsing, multi-media presentations and video playback
- Increase productivity with multiple monitors
1. External USB to DVI video card solution - for use with monitors that support 1920x1200 resolutions
- Add extra DVI monitors to your desktop computer without having to open the computer case and risk to void manufacturer warranty
- The only way to quickly expand your desktop over several monitors for laptop users
- Cost effective solution to expand your computers display capabilities
2. Connect an extra DVI monitor in minutes
- Insert the Driver CD or download the latest drivers from Startech.com, follow the on-screen instructions
- While your computer re-starts connect the DVI cable from your secondary monitor to the USB to DVI adapter
- Once windows has fully re-loaded plugin the USB video adapter and follow the on-screen instructions and enjoy your new desktop real estate
3. Add workspace for a wide range of applications including web browsing, multi-media presentations and video playback
- Ideal for a wide range of applications including web browsing, multi-media presentations and video playback
- Leave your primary display for the performance demanding applications i.e 3D gaming or video editing
- Up to 5 displays can be added (5 USB2DVIE3 adapters needed)
4. Increase productivity with multiple monitors
- Multiple monitors have consistently proven to increase productivity and efficiency
- Run multiple applications on different screens
- Can be used on DVI monitors and/or DVI projectors
Windows Compatible PC
- Windows 2000/ XP(32/64bit)/ Vista(32/64bit)/ 7(32/64bit)/ 8(32/64bit)
- One available USB 2.0 Port
- Standard(16/32 bit): 1600x1200, 1400x1050, 1280x1024, 1280x960, 1152x864, 1024x768, 800x600
- Widescreen(16/32 bit): 1920x1200, 1920x1080, 1680x1050, 1600x900, 1440x900, 1360x768, 1280x800, 1280x768, 1280x720
Startech.com offers a full line of USB Display adapters. Use the below comparison grid to find the solution that works best for you:
Best: Video Playback, Fullscreen HD (720p, 1080i)
Better: Internet browsing, Flash, YouTube Fullscreen
Good: Word processing, spreadsheets, simple internet browsing
*Note: These Products are not intended to be used for 3D games or 1080p Video Playback
USB-to-VGA External Video Adapters
USB to DVI External Video Adapters
USB to HDMI External Video Adapters
USB to DisplayPort External Video Adapters
Top Customer Reviews
Well, I guess I did not pay careful attention to the Technical Specifications, because this adapter is not DisplayLink but I went for it because it has the USB 3.0 pass-through which allows me to daisy-chain a network adapter with USB 3.0 hub. Furthermore, I bought this without realizing that they do not mention any Mac OSX support, so I made the last minute decision to purchase a Mac Mini which made this purchase useless.
Fortunately, after checking the Technical Specifications I found that the chip used is MCT Trigger 5 T5-302 so it turns out this product is a re-branded and modified MCT U3-A8500 which you can find on their website. This does in fact have Mac OSX drivers and I have it set up in a Dual Monitor configuration with OSX Mavericks on my Mac Mini although I will mention that there is some flicker with Flash.
This seems to be more of a problem with Mavericks itself as the Intel drivers for USB 3.0 and HD 4000 are "out of date", so people need to put pressure on Apple to update their drivers to the latest Intel drivers since this works perfectly in Windows on my Boot Camp Windows 7 64-bit Mac Mini setup. Since this is a USB 3.0 connection I noticed that it and some other USB 3.0 devices sometimes "stutter" in Mavericks so this is a driver issue and sadly Apple does not allow you to update drivers independently without an official Mac update.
So sadly this Startech product gets 3-stars unless they can convince MCT and Apple to update their driver support, but I am happy that it actually works...Read more ›
Here's my current setup:
11" MacBook Air (Mid-2013) with 8GB RAM and 1.7GHz Intel i7
(2) 30" Displays at 2560x1600 resolution with DisplayPort
(1) CalTech (http://amzn.com/B00G69FC48)
Since the 11" MacBook Air only has one Thunderbolt, but more specifically, one DisplayPort, I had to buy this USB 3.0 video adapter to run my 3rd display. So I have a Thunderbolt cable going into the CalDigit Thunderbolt Station, then from there, I have a displayPort going into Display #1 and the USB 3.0 to DisplayPort adapter going into Display #2. I also run the MacBook Air closed, but I could use it as a 3rd display if I wanted to.
To get things to work, I needed to run the 2.3 Beta Mac Drivers that were 2.3 Beta from the manufacturer's website while in 10.9 to get things to work. It was useable, as long as you didn't need very fast frame rates. Now that I upgraded to 10.10, everything works and to my surprise, it's noticeably faster than before. UI transparency is not supported well on the 2nd display with the USB driver. Overall, I'm really happy, though because the frame rates are fast enough to browse the web, watch videos, and work. I'm able to push the limits of an 11" MacBook Air until the day comes where Apple comes out with a new 11" MacBook Air that can support 2 DisplayPort displays without having to daisy chain.
For those who may wonder why I didn't buy two Thunderbolt displays, I did and it worked well for me, but not for my wife.Read more ›
I received the adapter, downloaded and installed the latest drivers from Startech (as explained in the package), I plugged-in the adapter and connected the cables. 5 or less minutes later I had 2048x180 on 3rd monitor. No problems with performance or app errors, seems very stable.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Works great and easy to setup. Downloaded drivers per the enclosed instructions, plugged into the laptop and worked.Published 11 days ago by Richie
Works great to add a 3rd screen to my Dell laptop. I don't play computer games so I can't comment on that use but it seems to work fine even for multimedia.Published 15 days ago by James D.
Works as advertised. Although sometimes it does not work if the monitor was not on before the computer was booted/device plugged in.Published 24 days ago by NetAgent
Works great w/ my Win7 computer and their StarTech website is Amazing for its clarity and support.Published 27 days ago by David B. Osgood
This fixed my issue of work downgrading my MacBook Pro (2 thunderbolt ports) to a MacBook Air that only has one Thunderbolt port and needing to connect 2 external monitors. Read morePublished 29 days ago by Lindsey Rick
Works as expected. No additional drivers required for a locked down Windows 8.1 Pro device (Surface Pro 3), which was a huge bonus in avoiding the need to engage corporate IT.Published 2 months ago by Adam
Great picture and easy to set up. I use it for programming.Published 3 months ago by Mark J. Quigley