Amazon Vehicles Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning masterpiece masterpiece masterpiece  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis GNO National Bike Month on Amazon Ellen

Size: 10-Feet|Package Type: Standard Packaging|Change

Showing 1-10 of 671 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 725 reviews
on December 19, 2016
Good, but the laptop to which I attached the cable does not have a "screw-in" connector, so I find I need to check the connection each time I use to make sure it is not loose (it just slide sin). I also notice that, although video plays much better than the usb cable I had connected previously (there was quite a bit of "buffering" and "jumping" with the video with the usb cable), there is sometimes some "ghosting(?)" on the screen from the LCD projector to which the laptop is attached. I'm willing to accept that as playing video in better quality is more important than those two, relatively minor, annoyances.
on January 14, 2017
I bought this for my classroom because I was tired of seeing the cord in front of my white board. I wanted to place my document camera to the side of my white board and not in front. This worked perfectly. I am not a tech person so I don't know how it affected the quality of what was being projected, but I haven't noticed a difference.
on November 27, 2012
Very good cable, well made you can feel it before you connect it to your devices, I use it for 1080p resolution monitor , the image is crispy and vibrant as they said it will , my laptop have HDMI to VGA build in so the picture quality is the same even knowing that VGA is analog but in this case it just works perfect, the laptop automatic recognized the HD monitor without any issues , the best to use with high resolutions only like modern PC to HDTV or HD Monitors
on May 9, 2012
I ordered two of these StarTech 6-Feet Coax High Resolution VGA Monitor Cables. I use them to connect my desktop PC to my LCD PC-monitor with the resolution set at 1920 X 1080 pixels. One works fine; the other doesn't. With the bad one, the graphics exhibit ghost images. When I connected this bad one to another monitor, I got even worse result - the display was very dim and reddish. Wriggling it didn't help. One or more pins were not making connections. The picture of the cable in this web page is inaccurate. It depicts connectors with only 14-pins and pin #9 missing. The actual cable I received has all 15 pins, including pin #9. (See my uploaded image.) It is actually a good thing that this cable has all 15-pins because some LCD and plasma TV monitors will not work without pin #9 (See my comment below for further explanation). The cables look solidly constructed and the price is very reasonable. However, due to one defective cable out of two in the same order, I only recommend this VGA cable to Amazon shoppers with reservation. Of course, you can always return it within a month if it turns out to be defective.
review image
on March 15, 2015
I ran this 25' cable out of my HTPC to a 1080p 23" 2nd monitor mounted on a vesa swing arm mount next to a lazy boy in my living room so I wouldn't have to deal with a laptop anymore when web browsing in living room. It has worked great and has met all my hopes and expectations that I wanted it for. Now I can drag all my content from my 8tb NAS between my 2 screens in my living room. Basically VLC runs on my tv screen now and use my 2nd screen as my desktop / laptop web browsing in my living room. This cable was a great solution.
review image
on May 7, 2017
very great product as this product was exactly explained in the item being purchased thanks so much great seller indeed
on January 23, 2014
I had to go through a couple of other cables from different sellers until I found one that worked properly. Some of the cables out there do not have all 15 pins connected (I checked with a multimeter.) For some connections, such as computer to monitor, that is okay as most newer monitors don't need all 15 connections. However, connecting my laptop to my Samsung TV does require all 15 of the cable's pins to be connected and working.

Why don't all manufacturers simply do this? To save a few pennies per cable and there are sellers who don't care about providing a decent product. At least when you buy through Amazon you have some recourse as far as returns go but I wish the junk could be weeded off the website. Anyway, this cable does the job.
on September 3, 2009
I use this to connect my Sony Vaio to my HDTV (Samsung). The cord works really well to let me watch online shows on my TV through my computer.

Just a note for anyone struggling with hooking up their Sony: My TV initially would not recognize that there was any input. You may have to update some various things (go to the Sony website to get those upgrades that are specific to your type of laptop. I did this and still couldn't get it to work, but it at least saw that there was input, it just said something about not being able to use the data or something along those lines. After some fiddling, I changed one of the settings to 60Hz (sorry I can't remember exactly where it was, somewhere under Control Panel and then Other... it's the same place where you tell it to use two screens). That did it! I've been pretty pleased with the quality- it's not superfantastic like watching a bluray but definitely better than watching TV on my laptop.
on May 5, 2017
Horrible. Monitor out of focus and blurry when using. Very disappointing.
on December 30, 2013
I needed a vga cable to connect an older computer to my monitor for a repair job. I thought I had one, but I seemed to have misplaced it or maybe I just gave it away, thinking that I would never need it again. Ya Right!

So I ordered this one today and tomorrow, it was here...and I was able to get yet another junk computer, back on the streets. The cable worked just like I imagined it would and I've never had any problems with it.

It's kind of mind-boggling what people expect us techies to accomplish in regards to their computers. One guy brought me a laptop that looked like he had dragged it behind his car, for a week or so. He said...can you fix this? I said...what is it? He said...it's a laptop. I said uhhh NO and I shut my door.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.