|Screen Resolution||1920 x 1440 pixels|
|Number of USB 2.0 Ports||4|
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
StarTech.com 2 Port DVI VGA Dual Monitor KVM Switch USB with Audio & USB 2.0 Hub - Dual Monitor KVM Switch DVI and VGA
|Price:||$169.00 & FREE Shipping. Details|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Share a keyboard and mouse as well as 1 VGA and 1 DVI displays between 2 computers
- Compatible with the ViewSonic VA2446M / 2246M
- Dual Monitor KVM Switch / Dual Display KVM / DVI VGA KVM / Multi-Monitor KVM
- Supports resolutions up to 1920x1200
- USB 2.0 hub and Mic/Audio ports
- Control 2 dual display computers with a single set of console peripherals
- Dual system control for a single user workstation with dual monitors, increasing productivity in the office or at home
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Compare to Similar Items
This item: StarTech.com 2 Port DVI VGA Dual Monitor KVM Switch USB with Audio & USB 2.0 Hub - Dual Monitor KVM Switch DVI and VGA
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Dimensions||2.24 inches x 3.94 inches x 6.3 inches||1.57 inches x 3.94 inches x 6.3 inches||3.75 inches x 12 inches x 9.75 inches||4.33 inches x 11.61 inches x 10.75 inches|
|Item Package Weight||2.8 pounds||2.34 pounds||7.05 pounds||4.89 pounds|
|Number Of Ports||2||2||4||8|
Please help us improve this feature. Tell us what you think of this feature.
2 Port DVI VGA Dual Monitor KVM Switch USB with Audio & USB 2.0 Hub
Product Features & Applications
- Direct channel selection and operation using front panel push-button or keyboard hotkeys
- Supports a maximum resolution of 1920 x 1200
- OS independent (no drivers or software required)
- Independent USB hub and audio switching
- Full support for plug-n-play peripherals
- Rugged, all-metal chassis for use in harsh environments
- Status LED display for easy port status monitoring
- USB style keyboard and mouse, plus two other USB peripherals can be shared between up to two computers
- Tone indicator for computer switching
- Selectable time intervals for auto scan
- Rear function key to adjust video strength
- HDCP compliant
- Supports Dual Monitor/Flat Panel Displays [1 x DVI + 1 x VGA]
- Support DDC2B emulation and EDID pass through, which allows the display adapter to recognize and auto configure the display resolution to match the display capabilities
- Perfect solution for desktops, workstations and servers with both VGA and DVI-digital ports, allowing a user to take advantage of dual monitor configurations
- Ideal for financial/banking industries, graphic designers, engineers, multi-media designers, and industries using CAD/CAM applications, where high resolution dual monitor units are needed
- Suitable for use in environments with electromagnetic interference, based on sturdy metal design
- Versatile support for setups where one machine is DVI & VGA, and the other is VGA & VGA (with available adapters)
Share a Keyboard & Mouse as well as 1 VGA & 1 DVI Displays/Monitors Between 2 Multimedia Computers
2 Port Dual Monitor VGA + DVI USB KVM switch
Top Customer Reviews
In the end the device is now working well... but be prepared to spend time dealing with the unexpected. My advice is that you be very careful about the DVI cables you select (DVI-D Dual Link cables are required for the digital connections... "end of cable" adapters spelled trouble for me). In addition, like other reviews mentioned the USB port that is intended for the keyboard will work, but if your keyboard has "special functionality" don't expect those functions to work. I found that moving the keyboard to one of the other console USB ports will allow special keyboard functions to work, but then you lose the ability to use "hot-key strokes" to switch between systems. The work around is that you can still use the "Select" button on the front of the KVM to switch between systems - a unfortunate compromise.
Other than that, the unit works as advertized. Clean switching. I use a Logitech wireless keyboard and mouse with the tiny little "Unifying" reciever plugged right into the back of the KVM switch. I was surprised by how well that worked.
1) When switching between PCs there's about a 50% chance that one of the monitors will not switch over properly. So I have to switch BACK to the other PC and try it again and hope that both monitors switch over properly the next go around.
2) A certain keystroke command can get stuck sometimes so it types out that same key over and over. Usually I can fix it by hitting backspace a few times but other times I can only fix it by switching over and then back.
3) Sometimes my PC will completely forget that the second monitor was ever connected. The only way to fix this is to either reboot the PC or go into the screen settings, stop extending the desktop to that monitor, apply, then reset it to extend to the second desktop and apply.
So overall I'm not pleased with my purchase. Not worth the hefty price tag at all in my opinion. I'm going back to RDP sessions to manage my multiple PCs.
There tech support was responsive when working on some driver issues. I would consider buying another product from this manufacturer, but not this one. Its serious design flaw rendered it unusable for my primary purpose, switching monitors for two computers with digital out.
I have 2 1920x100 24" monitors connected to a desktop PC and a laptop docking station through this unit. The PC goes through a Matrox DualHead2Go DP edition display device that outputs to DP ports which go through DP to DVI cables into the KVM. The laptop just has 2 DVI cables connected.
The video randomly drops out and sometimes recovers on its own, sometimes I have to remove the DP cable from the PC or DVI cables from the laptop to recover, causing them to resize all of my windows. This does not occur when plugged directly into either computer.
Another issue is that ranom keyboard keys get "stuck" every now and then (including shift, ctrl, or alt). Pressing any other key "fixes" the issue until it happens again. This does not happen when the keyboard is plugged direcly into either computer.
I don't like to write bad reviews, and this is the first time I've ever had something from StarTech that didn't work, but it doesn't work in a big way. They even sent a replacement unit (I had to send my unit in and wait for the replacement) and the replacemnt unit had the same behavior. I can't recommend buying this for any reason.
Here is my set up:
2 CPU's, 2 monitors (one VGA, one DVI) - all hooked into the switch.
Keyboard, mouse, speakers, printer go into the switch.
I can toggle between both CPU's and use the same keyboard/mouse/etc.
This thing is so awesome!
If you have any doubts, just call StarTech support after reading the manual. The manual has a graphic that shows you exactly how to configure your components. I will order StarTech stuff again.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I purchased this on Amazon after having experience with one of StarTech's Dual head-Dual DVI switches, which worked very well - So, I decide that I wanted to try a three-monitor... Read morePublished 2 days ago by Brett R
This product replaced two KVM switches for my dual monitor system. Previously I had two KVMs. I would recommend buying the cables from Startech so that you do not have multiple... Read morePublished 3 days ago by Henry Gee
I am experienced IT Professional and have used KVM switches of may variety over the years. This one is the most frustrating one to set up that I have ever used. Read morePublished 28 days ago by Mr. G
Fantastic KVM switch for use with one VGA and one DVD-D video connection.Published 1 month ago by ChicagoSparky
Product only works as a KVM for the monitors. My wireless keyboard and mouse do not work nor does my speakers. Horrible product if 1/3 of the features work. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Amazon Customer
This thing might not suck as bad if it didn't hate ANY sort of adapter. DVI to VGA or HDMI to DVI and everything in between breaks it. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Brian Holmes
This is a great idea ... a unit that allows you to use dual monitors across multiple machines. I am an experienced computer user but by no means a hardware person. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Susan Katz
Works but man make sure u know what u want. I did not know the vga and dvi would not talk to each other and the thing does not like dvi adaptors or keyboards that are anything but... Read morePublished 2 months ago by James Egbert
Allows me to use two laptops on different VPN systemssharing dual monitors, a keyboard and a mouse. Easy to use, works great.Published 2 months ago by Brian