Starbucks Verismo 580 Brewer Piano Black (011023262)
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Make some of your favorite Starbucks® coffee and espresso beverages at home. All from one machine.
- Specially engineered pods keep the Starbucks® brewed coffee, espresso or milk freshly packed until the moment you use them.
- High-pressure brewing system heats up and is ready to make Starbucks-quality beverages in less than 15 seconds.
- Integrated rinse function helps keep machine clean.
- Coffee cup depicted not included with purchase.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
As far as the espresso, I love it. Just as good as the multi thousand dollar commercial machines make.
The pods are obviously more expensive than buying whole beans and grinding them, but not so much more expensive that I care really given the convenience. A dollar for the pod, plus the milk and syrup isn't the cheapest option but it beats the $5 the barista charges you. It's faster than waiting in line in Starbucks, and it's in your kitchen.
As for portion sizes, that's how big espresso shots are supposed to be, though again yes the milk pods do not magically produce 4 times the volume in milk.
I have also tried the chai tea pods, and those are excellent as well.
I think Starbucks made an awesome pod espresso machine, decided most people wouldn't buy it if it didn't say latte on the box so they worked out a halfassed way to make frothy powdered milk in the espresso machine. People get these home and expect to make exactly what they get at Starbucks and think the whole machine is no good when the milk sucks.
If you need frothed milk there are plenty of other dedicated machines that can do that far better than this one can.
While my Jura machine makes excellent coffee, the Espresso just isn't satisfactory, regardless of the roast and grind (harsh, with thin, watery crema that dissipates in seconds). I had wanted to get a pod machine, but I've tasted a number of them and they just don't hack it. Keurig, as well as most of the pod machines, don't really make Espresso, just a small cup of strong, pressure-brewed coffee, rather like my Jura machine. Except for the Nespresso machines (which are too messy and time-consuming for me), none of them brew with adequate pressure or temperature to make a true Espresso. I was skeptical of the Verismo when I first saw it, but the local Starbucks was giving demonstrations and free samples, so I thought I'd try it and this is definitely The Real Deal.
The Espresso is hot, rich, full-bodied and mellow--even the dark roast. Although it doesn't quite produce the thick, dense crema of the best Espresso I've had, it is far superior to anything else out there I've tried and considering how simple and easy it is, I've got no real complaints. I also disagree with the people who think the milk pods taste bad.Read more ›
The Starbucks Verismo single-cup brewer allows you to make your favorite drinks at home: lattes, espressos and of course traditional coffee. The system is very efficient and the ingenious pods make it so easy to use. Update 3/14/13. I am enjoying this machine more and more each day. More pods are being introduced and so there are more flavors and options out there. I've tried some of the coffee pods and I must say I love it!
1. Make your favorite Starbucks drinks in just seconds at the convenience of home.
2. Very easy to set up, maintain and use. Modular as well, that is you can change the height of the drip tray.
3. Fashionable and eye-pleasing...they come in different colors.
4. Doesn't take up that much space.
5. Produces great lattes!
6. Well-built system. It looks sturdy and designed to last. Only time will tell.
7. Update 3/14/13. Emphasis on positive #1. It's timesaving machine! Sometimes I'm on the go and the Verismo machine always come true.
8. More variety of pods!
9. Pods provide a more consistent taste every time out. No need to measure just insert the pod and you will get the same great-tasting coffe every time out.
10.Update 12/17/13. The machine continues to work like a charm. I also purchased a Keurig and I have reached the conclusion that the Verismo produces a superior, richer taste. I sampled the Starbucks Blonde Coffee (Light) for both machines and Verismo comes out on top. I made sure to keep the variables to a minimum. Same coffee, approximately the same amount, and there you have it.
1. The pods are expensive. The unit cost per latte is $1.62.
2. The recommended pods produce small drinks. Was hoping for larger sized drinks.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I'm baffled that Starbucks sells pods for Keurig machines but no stores sell for their own device (many slhaven't even heard of it). Read morePublished 22 days ago by angellique
I now own two of these Verismo expresso makers. Obviously, I love them!Published 28 days ago by Anita
I love my Starbucks Verismo 580 Brewer, Starbucks is by far my favorite coffee shop but its to challenging making an extra 40 mile drive out of my way to get a coffee so stalking... Read morePublished 1 month ago by marina
The machine was originally great. It made good espresso, and I bought it for a good price.
However, 8 months into owning it, the hot water heater burned out. Read more
This device, when it worked, did make good coffee. If that were all there were, it would rate the best. Read morePublished 4 months ago by dbd400
I like my Starbucks Verismo 580 a lot. Have not really had any problems with it. The only thing is when your making a my kind of Coffee, Tea, or what ever you like it leaks water... Read morePublished 6 months ago by Amazon Customer
This machine is a piece of crap. Day 1...turned it on, followed instructions to clean, no water came out at all. Read morePublished 6 months ago by Amazon Customer
Imagine the sound of a raucous tank, thundering through your quiet office, unceasing for what feels like an eternity. Read morePublished 7 months ago by Derek
Bought at retail store. Glad we did not gift it! Wish we had kept the box to return....Published 7 months ago by Sam F Lostroscio