Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. STEM $34.99 for a limited time only Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Snuggle Up with Your Favorite Holiday Movies on Amazon Video Snuggle Up with Your Favorite Holiday Movies on Amazon Video Snuggle Up with Your Favorite Holiday Movies on Amazon Video  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on May 20, 2017
Excellent condition, brand planking new in fact. Love it
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on November 19, 2014
I am so sorry that this coffee maker is no longer being made. I was thrilled to find this single cup Barista. I love it!!!!
on October 13, 2017
In great condition. Very pleased.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on June 15, 2014
I am using this with a paper #2 cone filter (although the reusable one is fine too). I snapped out the little spring stopper on the bottom of the filter holder so I can use any cup. This took about 20 seconds.

This unit makes, without a doubt, the best single cup of coffee I've even tasted. The secret may be the temp of the water, as it is HOT, or at least hotter than most single brew units and even seems hotter than pouring boiling water into a single cup filter cone. It also is FAST, which may be calibrated to work with the higher temperature.

Setting the clock and autostart is a bit fiddly, but this makes one great cup o' joe.

Like any other unit, avoid hard water or be sure to run descaler as needed.
55 comments| 14 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on January 18, 2015
I bought one in 2005. I'm still using it. It is, without question, the best single serve coffee brewer I've ever seen. Now that they are no longer made, I've purchased one off eBay, and found one at a thrift store. If I see another, or another mug, I will snatch it up in a New York minute.

The brewer heats the water plenty hot for a great extraction. It will make coffee as strong as you can handle. The problems noted in some other comments relating to the included metal mesh basket are easy to remedy: Use a paper filter and not the metal basket.

The other quirk is occasional dribbling down the back of the mug, and a small puddle underneath the brewer. If you snap off the little spring loaded valve from the bottom of the basket, the majority of these issues disappear. I will tell you, the coffee is so good that it's worth overlooking this minor problem. Most marriages aren't perfect either. ;)

If you didn't need any more reasons...it makes up to 16 ounces of coffee. Your very own Grande!
11 comment| 10 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on January 19, 2014
I actualy removed the actuator and spring on the very first day of use, this allowed me to use cups of different sizes. The filter that comes with it is outstanding, great results with smaller grind than regular for filter type. Slow drip, well distributed, easy to clean. All those coffe makers have the same issue. To realize it, you have to read about how the Creole were making their Café Noir around the 1900: it is better to stop it after it start to drip the first drops, then let the coffee soak a bit and then restart the process, extracting that way the maximum aromas; too bad they did not think about that while naming the coffee maker "aroma"
33 comments| 4 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on January 2, 2015
I love this thing1 I have used it for about 5 years and it is always great. I AM EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTED IT IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE. (Listen up Starbucks!) I am sure Starbucks had this thing made because they are not appliance manufacturers. I wish I could find something with this design. I think the Keurig killed this thing. But it is better than Keurig in many regards: it uses any coffee, I can make it as strong as I like, it will not dispense without the specific mug in place, it doesn't require disposable stuff, coffee is cheaper and many more. I am afraid if it craps out, I will take a long time to replace it. I have had Senseo, and the original Black and Decker job. They lasted about a year or a little more. This unit by Starbucks has already outlasted and out performed all of them. There is the small drawback that it only works with the specific mug. Occasionally my daughter has carried the mug off. I have trained her and the rest of the family not to do that. Please bring it back.
on February 23, 2015
I have had mine for 10 years. I recently tried a Keurig and was so disappointed. It tasted like instant coffee. The Barista tastes like brewed coffee. B/c mine is so old, it doesn't make the coffee hot, so i am looking for a used one.
55 comments| One person found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on September 2, 2016
This coffee maker is an engineering nightmare. The cup has to be forced into position in a specific orientation, and there's no markings to guide the user as to what the correct orientation is. Almost inevitably, a large puddle of coffee results all around the base, as the strategically-oriented actuator tab on the proprietary coffee mug does not engage the dispensing valve correctly. A complete mess, the antithesis of "convenience," results.How can Starbucks put their bradning on such an ill-conceived product? A total waste of money.
review image
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on January 14, 2013
Decent enough coffee maker, impossible to clean internals but nice removable basket. You can only use the included mug. I'm looking for another mug. It's not easy to find, I'm searching Ebay for secondhand mugs next.
22 comments| 12 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse