Starfrit 93209 Rotato Express - Electric Peeler
|Price:||$17.89 & FREE Shipping on orders over $49. Details|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Peels potatoes. fruits and vegetables instantly at the push of a button
- The Robotized arm adjusts to every thickness, shape and textures : From potatoes to tomatoes to rutabaga and avocados, also zests citrus fruits
- Includes a hand thumb knife to scoop out the potato eyes
- Built in storage underneath the Rotato: compartments for 4 spare blades plus battery storage and the handy thumb knife
- Operates with a 6V adaptor included and can also function with 4 AA batteries (not included)
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Starfrit Rotato Express
Peels instantly potatoes, fruits and vegetables
Plop on a potato, peel it and pare it in 10 seconds flat—sayonara potato skins! The Rotato Express instantly peels not just potatoes but also other fruits and vegetables at the push of a button. It stops automatically when the peeling is over and will operate cordlessly with batteries, making it "picnic portable."
- Two extra blades tucked in a built-in compartment
- Handy thumb knife for quick, easy paringt
- Non-slip base
- Durable ABS plastic
- Ultra safe design: no need to touch or hold the vegetable while it's peeling
- More hygienic than manual peeling
- Cleans easily with a damp, sudsy cloth
- Operates alternatively with a 6.0 Volt electrical adaptor
No waste, no effort
Peeling fruits and vegetables is quick and easy with the Rotato Express. It peels just the skin without wasting any of the nutritious part of the vegetable. The Rotato Express is simple and safe to operate; even a child can use it. Its non-slip base holds it securely to the counter or other work surface. Rotato comes with a little plastic knife, stored conveniently under the base. It's specially designed for easy removal of potato eyes or other blemishes.
Peels the following foods
Before peeling, put a paper towel beneath the Rotato to catch peelings.
When choosing foods to be peeled, choose fruits and vegetables that are firm, blemish free and symmetrically shaped. Fruits and vegetables more than 5.5" tall should be cut in half so the Rotato Express can grip them firmly.
How to peel fruits and vegetables
- Center the food on the bottom food holder and press gently
- Lower the upper food holder so that it grasps the food and holds it securely
- Using the height adjustment lever, raise the cutter arm so that it rests on top of food to be peeled. WARNING: Do not grab cutter blade… it is razor sharp!
- While pressing lightly on the upper food holder, press on the power button. The skin peels off in one clean, continuous curl
How to remove peeled food
- Lift upper food holder from food and raise it to the top of the support column.
- Grasp food, and using a gentle back and forth rocking motion, remove food from bottom food holder pulling towards you. Do not yank your fruit or vegetable straight up from the bottom food holder. You don't want to accidentally swing your hand into the holder spike. WARNING: Do not grab cutter blade… it is razor sharp.
- Trip off any deep potato eyes with the little plastic knife. Use the same knife to remove blemishes on fruit and vegetables.
Top Customer Reviews
The problem is, well, it doesn't always work. The build quality of this thing is cheaper than cheap. The blades pop loose easily because the plastic clips they're attached to are flimsy. Veggies with hard peels will constantly jerk the blades out. Even worse, the spring on the arm of my device popped loose after about two months of medium use. This renders the device useless unless you can manage to reinsert the spring (not an easy job).
At the cheap price, you could almost consider it a disposable item and just grab a new Rotato, but that's just too darn wasteful for such a big hunk of plastic.
If they delivered a better unit, even for $10-15 bucks more, I could heartily recommend this device for people who enjoy potatoes, turnips, or any other veggies that need a lot of peeling. As it is, it might be worth a look, but convenience comes with headaches.
Everything is made of plastic ,and I just don't see this lasting very long.
It is a cool gadget, but there is No quality to it.
Blade from my peeler also popped right off few times until I noticed that was broken.It does come with 2 spare blades so I was able to switch the blade. BUT than to make things worse whole cutter arm came off. It took me more than 5 minutes to force it back in place. After that It managed to peel rest off my apple or what was left of it. It did little better with the potato(softer skin).If you are going to use it only for potatos and lots of them it might be worth buying provided that it still "works".It Is kind of cool when it works, that's why I didn't give it only 1 star .Also I wish it was peeling little less deep. Even at this sale price I would Not buy this again, unless they replace some plastic parts with stronger materials(metal would be nice).
If you like to buy solid ,well build products that last for many years than Don't Waste your Money on this.I hope my review helps.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Did not work like they hype it up to. Very disappointed with this product.Published 13 hours ago by Amazon Customer
LOVE IT! Really great performance, easy to use, easy to setup, easy to clean. Great for someone who has problems with grip or wrists but loves cucumbers, potatoes, and squash... Read morePublished 4 days ago by Anthony F
It's okay, one time you can use it and it works great next time not. I think it has to do with thickness of skin.Published 5 days ago by Jody H
Wish I had bought one of these years ago. So much easier and works great, though, it feels kinda cheap. Still worth it!Published 6 days ago by bray01
Holy cow! I am so happy I purchased this! It works perfectly! There is a red button on the bottom of the stand which is the on/off switch, but the awesome thing? Read morePublished 6 days ago by Christie
This thing was seriously a hit. Everyone liked watching the potatos peel.Published 8 days ago by Doc