Salon Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Ultimate Hits by Garth Brooks PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Handmade Gift Shop Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment curbpremiere curbpremiere curbpremiere  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

I bought this because I love Stargate SG-1, and because I've enjoyed many of Ashley McConnell's books in the past. This one, however, was a disappointment. It seemed incredibly rushed, as though maybe she had a very short amount of time to write it and no time to edit it.

Basically, it felt like nothing more than a transcription of the episode. Very little characterization, none of the things I'd expect in a novelization, like getting into their heads to see motivations or feelings. There were a LOT of mistakes with continuity and with editing, even some spelling mistakes! Overall, it was very disappointing. I gave it 2 stars, because it is still Stargate SG-1, and because there is a hint of Jack/Sam... other than that, it wasn't worth reading.
on December 15, 2009
I have attempted to read some of the spin off books based on the sg-1 characters, but was having trouble getting into them. What I really wanted was a book that followed the episodes that I had already seen-This book follows the Stargate Sg-1 pilot episode almost exactly. Its a fast read and good for anyone who can't get enough of sg-1.
on February 18, 2013
book arrived in a really timely fashion. it was wrapped carefully and it was in terrific shape. looking forward to reading it and enjoying the beginning of the series all over again
on December 5, 2014
I love Stargate: SG1 and this was a good read
on April 8, 2015
very good book
on March 12, 1999
This book was excellent for those fans who missed the first episode of SG-1. The book does an excellent job in character development allowing the reader to "see" what is happening. I was able to read the book in a couple hours, so this is probably a good book for those times you would enjoy some entertaining reading. I'm not sure if a non-fan would enjoy the book, but I did. I'm looking for the next book today as I'm hungry to find out what happens next, since the series isn't aired overseas. I could only hope that one day the entire series maybe available in a box set or something simular.
on January 11, 2001
When I first found out that there were going to be books based on the series Stargate SG-1, I purchased this book immediately. The books are just as interesting and entertaining as the series. I read this book for the first time and I enjoyed it right away. I also enjoyed the series very much. I think that this book is very suspenseful, exciting, entertaining, interesting and worth reading. I think that all fans of the series Stargate SG-1 will enjoy reading this book as I did.
on June 18, 2002
McConnell's first was a novelization of the pilot episode. Now, I should admit my bias right away: I'm not a fan of novelizations in general unless they actually add to the story, and this one didn't. It just inserted the thoughts of the various characters through the episode(s), and hey -- we can do that ;) However, I think the author stayed mostly true to the characters, and it's fun to visualize the episode while you're reading. Probably the best of the bunch.
on October 14, 1999
In an eggshell, it is the tie-in between the movie and theseries - the two hour premiere. When reading the book, you can easilyvisulize the tv actors in each role! It lets you into the thoughts of the characters in order to better intrepret their actions and the forces that drive them! I would recommend this book to anyone and enjoy reading it over and over again!
on January 31, 2000
The only problem I had with it were continuity errors between it and the original Stargate movie. Somehow Kawalsky was broken from a lieutenant colonel to a captain, then promoted to major--my guess is they either used the original script or assumed that he was a lieutenant because O'Neill kept calling him that. Also, Sha'uri's name somehow became "Sha're." But overall, it was a good story