Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now PSFF17_gno

Customer reviews

Format: Hardcover|Change

Showing 1-10 of 27 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 49 reviews
on February 9, 2017
This book has everything an amateur astronomer could need. This is, by far, my favorite and most-looked-at book. It is personal and practical. The pictures are excellent (and many). The text is clear and easily understood. And, most importantly, the subjects of the chapters stay inside the chapters and do not go running all over the place! The quality of the material of the book is also exceptional. Believe me, I have taken this book everywhere, and I carry it wherever I go. The pages are pretty thick (I have had my copy well over 3 1/2 years, and not a single page has been torn or even frayed). The plastic on the covers is beginning to peel off, but you must remember that I have taken "The Stargazers Guide" everywhere. I carry this book around like Linus and his blanket!
on January 21, 2015
Large book loaded with color pictures. I would strongly recommend this both for personal use or as a very awesome gift. This book is packed and again, it is not a small book! Easy to read for nearly any age but written well enough for adults to enjoy as much as younger audiences.
on July 4, 2013
Definitely a must-have for anyone who loves astronomy!
Dr. Lisle is writing for people who would actually like to do astronomy as a hobby. He does a great job at explaining things in a way that makes really good sense to the average person, and makes you feel like you actually learned something. He also has tons of great tips on how to get the most out of a casual astronomy session, which is super helpful for those of us that can't afford a $10,000 telescope.
Plus, the book is filled with really great full-color photos, so it's a ton of fun just to look at!
on December 6, 2013
Wonderful book to help dive into the creation of the solar system, galaxy and beyond. How wonderful that the Lord has blessed Lisle with the ability to not only understand His created universe but to be able to put it into words that everyone can understand. He gives step by step guide on choosing a telescope, how to stargaze at night etc. It is a wonderful book to add to your creation collection! Thanks Dr.Lisle
on April 17, 2012
Dr. Jason Lisle's newest book (here is the publisher's note Your first step into the vast universe with a one-of-kind guide to the night sky!
Find out when and where to look with just the naked eye... you'll be amazed at how much of the galaxy you can see. Locate Orion, the well-known constellation, and within it you can easily see the red supergiant star Betelgeuse over 3000 trillion miles away. Or marvel at our galaxy, the Milky Way, shining brightly overhead in late summer as you see the light spots containing entire star clusters!

Includes 150 beautiful photos, full-color star-charts, easy to use illustrations, and video link for expert advice! "How do phases of the moon work? When will the next solar eclipse take place? What is that bright star setting in the west? How do i find Saturn?" All of these questions are easily answered with this helpful guide. The heavens truly declare God`s glory....now understand why)
It is even more wonderful then that, the pictures are marvelous and Dr. Lisle is the most readable astronomer you will ever find

Update, I have vision trouble and this was still very usable it inspired me to use my binoculars and try to look for stars. I am planning on getting a telescope, if you have a child with a medical problem or are an adult with medical problems this is the astronomy book for you
on September 11, 2017
Definitely textbook like. Not what I was looking for but the quality is excellent just the same.
on March 5, 2015
A very thorough, Bible-affirming guide to astronomy. It's well-written and the photographs are beautiful. This makes a lovely gift.
on February 17, 2015
This was a gift to a dear friend and she absolutely loves it. It's her nightly telescope companion.
on December 13, 2016
This book was just what I was looking for to give me information about watching the sky. It arrived in perfect condition. I would recommend it for anyone interested in stargazing!
on November 21, 2012
I bought this for my husband as a Christmas gift and I was expecting a nice book with a lot of pictures, but this is even better than I thought! The book is a pretty large size and is beautifully bound with thick glossy pages. There are so many gorgeous photos and great maps of the constellations as well as other galaxies and such. We have been wanting to study more astronomy and this will be a great resource...I can't wait to give it to him!