Industrial Deals Spring Reading Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Made for you. Learn more. GNO for Samsung S9 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Mother's Day gifts Home Gift Guide Mother's Day gifts across Amazon Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon westworldS2 westworldS2 westworldS2  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18PP_gno

Showing 1-10 of 538 reviews(5 star). See all 711 reviews
TOP 500 REVIEWERon April 27, 2015
I spend a lot of time in the kitchen cooking, baking bread, and using my meat slicer to slice my own lunchmeats from roasts, so having cut resistant gloves is important to me. I have a pair of latex coated Kevlar cut resistant gloves but they're way too cumbersome and ill fitting to be able to grasp items very well while wearing them, so I decided to give these Stark Safe Cut Resistant Gloves a try.

I ordered a size medium and they fit my hand like they were made for me so that helped me be able to do delicate knife work and other tasks while wearing them. I like the fact that they're made of an anti-bacterial blend to help me maintain sanitation when handling foods. The manufacturer states that they're rated via the European testing method (CEN's EN388) at Level 5 Protection which would be good because I would be using them when slicing foods with my meat slicer from time to time.

Not taking anything for granted, however, I laid them on my cutting board and proceeded to try to cut into them by slicing them across the palm with my Wusthof Classic Chef's knife. It didn't cut them no matter how hard I applied pressure and sawed at them. Good!

So then I got braver and put them on and applied careful, then a but more pressure trying to slice across my palm while wearing them with the same chef's knife. It did not cut through the material (WHEW!!!).

Then I took a look at the product's reviews here on Amazon and found one from April 13, 2015 where the individual stated that he tested the gloves by inserting "a wooden spoon handle in the finger hole", then cutting it with a "sharp Swiss-made blade" and the knife sliced right through the glove.

That worried me, so I decided to test that for myself, and inserted a wooden spoon handle into the thumb of one of the gloves and then proceeded to slice it with my sharpest Wusthof filet knife. My knife sliced into the glove immediately opening a hole that you'll see pictured below. I then laid the glove on the cutting board and sliced across the palm with that same filet knife trying to cut the glove - but was unable to cut it. Interesting - my knife cuts through the glove when a solid object is inside the glove but won't cut through the glove without a solid inflexible object inside it.

Then I did some research and discovered that "Gloves that are too tight may be cut more easily, as many of the fibers used for cut resistance use a rolling action to increase cut resistance. When these fibers cannot roll, such as when they are stretched from an ill-fitting or wrongly sized glove, they can “lose” some of their cut resistance." (Cut Resistance: What's In a Level 5 Glove?, EHS Today, Feb 1, 2010 Issue - http://ehstoday.com/ppe/news/cut-resistance-whats-level-glove-7862).

So stretching the glove tightly across a hard inflexible object such as a wooden spoon handle is not a valid test of cut resistance at all! Since I was totally unable to cut the gloves using the very same sharp filet knife when I tried cutting at parts that didn't have a wooden spoon in them I feel that is the valid test of these gloves- and they passed with flying colors.

Safety tip from manufacturer: If you’re using sharp tool/object, avoid direct contact and/or stabbing directly with the end points. These gloves are cut-resistent, not stab/punture resistent.

Photo taken by me shows the hole I cut in the finger stuffed with the wooden spoon - and the filet knife that was unable to cut the glove when I properly tested the cut resistance factor. When tested properly I was unable to cut these gloves at all - neither on or off my hand! Five well deserved stars. Item provided at discount for my evaluation - no obligations.
review imagereview image
33 comments| 109 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on May 23, 2016
They fit like a glove! The fit was perfect for me. I know that's luck but yay me. I was very surprised at how thin and usable they were. I use them for cleaning fish and they help with gripping the slippery fish and bonus, I didn't get nailed by any spines or cut bones! I haven't tried cutting my finger off yet so I cannot attest to their armor ability. They are a soft burlap texture and very absorbent. The instructions say to hand wash them. They do take a bit to clean and my gloves will forever smell like fish.
on July 27, 2016
I liked that the product is light, fits well, and performs as I expected. I have large hands and sometimes x-large doesn't fit my hands but in this instance they fit great. I had the extra surprise when I saw that it was a pair of gloves. It was my interpretation of the add that only one glove was included.
on April 30, 2015
Perfect fit for my hands. Have used them several times in the last few weeks. Did not like the odd petroleum odor that was in them, upon opening the package. Put them in the clothes washer with some Tide. Still had a faint petroleum odor. Started using them cutting veggies. Then, washed them in the dishwashing sink and few times. The odor has gone away. I will put them into the clothes washer to get them thoroughly clean. The big plus, No cuts on my fingers and hands anymore, and they fit so well, that they really do not get in the way, while cutting food. The right and left hand glove are identical. So, being right handed, i've got another glove, when the first one wears out. Very glad I made this purchase.
on December 17, 2015
As soon as I ordered these, I received an e-mail from Stark Safe. Very helpful representative, and some safety instructions.
It's nice to see a company following up on their products and making sure you are happy with your purchase.

As for the gloves themselves, they are awesome. Very well-made, breathable, durable, and efficient. If a Mora can't cut them, I'm pretty confident wearing them. Note that they are not stab-resistant. Make sure to order the right size.

Highly recommended. Stark Safe has my vote.
on February 22, 2015
I purchased these to allow a more cavalier attitude while using my old Bron mandoline -- the sliding holder makes terrible sounds and only works with a limited range of vegetables. To my surprise, the gloves are great for ordinary cutting. I am a lover of sharp knives and fast cutting; however, I always slow down for the last slices to be more sure about my fingertips. With the glove on the holding hand, I can freely continue at the same pace to the end of the onion in question -- usually without ever touching the glove, but when I do, there are simply no consequences. So far I have rinsed the glove after use and set aside to dry.

I followed the instructions for measuring my hand and selecting a glove size, and it is a tight but quite comfortable fit, with the glove fingertips well conformed to my hand fingertips.
on October 22, 2015
I've had my fair share of nicks and cuts in the kitchen and quite frankly, I'm tired of them. I enjoy using good quality, properly sharpened knives but if they so much as touch my skin, I'm bleeding. Ugh. Thank goodness for cut resistant gloves! I had been shopping for a pair when I was able to purchase these at a slight discount to test and review. They work! They stop those accidental slips and glances that previously have resulted in teeny but blood-gushing cuts from reaching your skin. Now I can filet fish and carve pumpkins without worry that any of my ten fingers will go missing!
on December 12, 2016
An indispensable kitchen tool for those with razor-sharp knives, and an especially necessary item with ANY use of a mandoline. These gloves are true to size, and have served me well so far, without any nicks, rips, or cuts. Highly recommend.
on January 1, 2015
I have only used these once, but they seem to work well. I purchased these because I gave myself a nasty cut on a mandolin slicer and decided that I should have a bit more protection. I have small hands and the fingers could be a little shorter for me, but they are not so long that they are awkward to use. The fabric is stretchy enough that I think it would fit a range of sizes. Customer service is excellent. I received an email with care and use information. If they do not last well, I may update this review. But I gave 5 starts based on the excellent customer service and the fit.
on April 18, 2017
I got this because I was cutting a watermelon and stopped the blade of my knife with the palm of my hand. This is not the first time I used my hand to stop a knife, by accident. So when I received this glove I immediately had to test it.
I put the glove on and grabbed one of my sharpest knifes. I called over my girlfriend and let her know what I was doing so if the glove didn't work, she would know that I needed to go to the hospital immediately. She stood in the kitchen calling me an idiot for wanting to test out this glove. Being in a relationship with her for several years I'm used to her calling me an idiot and I decided to ignore her ( as usual). So, I rested the blade with the sharp end pressed against my palm and wrapped my fingers around the back of the blade and gripped it tight. With my other hand I grabbed the handle, I looked at my girlfriend and she was staring at the knife and wincing in either excitement or fear. I closed my eyes and I took a breath and ripped the blade out of my hand. I looked down and low and behold I did not get cut.
I can definitely say we were both shocked and happy that I did not need to get any stitches.
I would recommend this glove to any other idiot that can't use a knife properly.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse