BCA Month Salon Beauty Fall Reading Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Handmade Tote Bags hgg17 Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment Baby Driver Available to Rent Baby Driver Available to Rent Baby Driver Available to Rent  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now PSFF17_gno

on April 28, 2013
This book is the recommended text of my small boat sailing class. It is written in a manner that you feel comfortable having it with you while sailing and the illustrations are large for easy explanations. Also this book is part of sailing certification series, so that if you purchase the next book in the series, you will have the text necessary for the next level of instruction. This text also covers the handling of different types of sailboats out of the water, such as trailering the boat with an automobile. Overall this book has met my immediate needs.
on July 18, 2013
We used this book along with the videos that it follows in our Introduction to Sailing class through our local community college. Since we didn't get to keep the class books I wanted to buy one. I was happy to find it on Amazon at a great price! It covers basics for small boat sailing as well as some things that you need to know before ever getting into a boat. Very good illustrations helped me learn the lingo, understand the critical application of "Points of Sail" as well as demonstrate how to tie some important knots.
on March 25, 2008
This book was recommended by my YMCA sailing instructor. It has just about the right level of information for an introduction, and does not overwhelm the reader with subtle details that can only be appreciated with a certain amount of hands-on experience. The only reason I did not give it five stars was because it needs a wee bit more editing for wording and grammar, and it refers to some things that it does not fully explain, e.g., how one may determine wind direction within a few degrees.
on November 25, 2012
Good primer, if you know nothing about sailing, easy enough for kids to understand (it has cartoons).
If you have never been on the water under sail this is a good start.
If you want something you'll refer to for a long time, get The Annapolis Book of Seamanship, 3rd Edition Revised
on June 2, 2015
The book was in very good condition and could not have been any less expensive! A very good buy!
on May 28, 2012
Very good book. I bought this book when my family was just getting into sailing to give us an over view on what to expect. Well have to say it was a great choice. Read it from cover to cover and hit the ground running. Every thing you need for the beginner is in there. A+++
on September 29, 2014
Great book to learn from, well laid out but the price tripled in a year. So many other books equal to this and 1/3 or less in price.
on January 24, 2016
Has all the basic information.
on April 18, 2012
This book is simply exceptional. It is the best introductory sailing book I've ever seen. I was first exposed to it twenty years ago and have reviewed the updated version. It was great then and it is still the best I've seen.
on June 17, 2014
It's great for a beginner or someone who wants to brush up on the basics of dinghy sailing! I'd recommend it to anyone who wants to learn!