- Includes FREE MP3 version of this album Here's how (restrictions apply)
Start Something Enhanced
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Top Customer Reviews
LostProphets have such a unique and refreshing sound that I can easily give them a 5. For proof, notice the difference in styles between track 9 and track 12.
This CD is a crazy bipolar ride that starts off fast, mellows out, reaches climax, and ends peacefully throughout the course of the tracks. Singer Ian Watkins has the unique ability to almost with clarity. His vocal stylings, full of integrity, give a certain intensity to even the more bland moments of the album. The dual guitar work and blazing drums of the album give the album great energy.
While this cd is lacking in guitar solos, it makes up for it in beautifully textured lines, good use of electronic sampling, and great vocal work.
Comparison to other work: (4):
This is a great CD, but "The Fake Sound of Progress" which is far more experimental and memorable, is a far better listen. I can only think of about four tracks which I could place next to "TFSOP" (1,2,9,10).
Moment of Truth: "Start Something"
This track is pure energy and it's hardcore touches and dynamics (while maintaining catchiness) makes it the album's prime track.
Buy if you Like _____: Incubus, Hoobastank, Linkin Park
Worth Buying?: Yes, Without a Doubt.
1. We Still Kill The Old Way- A good way to start off the CD, the chorus is probably the worst part, but still well done. 9/10
2. To Hell We Ride- Not a bad song, per se, but the screaming does get on my nerves after awhile. Featured on the "Need for Speed" game. 8.5/10
3. Last Train Home- It's why I got the CD, and the chorus is so catchy it makes you wanna sing along with the rest of the band members. It also has the best transition effect between songs. 10/10
4. Make a Move- Even better than "Last Train Home," with an even catchier chorus. How do those Welsh boys do it? 10/10
5. Burn, Burn- Do we have an even catchier song? This one will jump out at you upon first listen, with the call-and-response chorus and a screaming bridge that makes this one good tune. 10/10
6. I Don't Know- To cap off the quadruple 10 rating song, we have this one. I Don't Know (ha, ha) what exactly I like about it, but the way it all comes together just sounds right. Oh, and the solo at the end is good, too. 10/10
7. Hello Again- This song just steadily builds up, and as it hits the chorus, you get smacked in the face from the energy. Slower, but well done. 9.25/10
8. Goodbye Tonight- A little repetitive towards the end, but that doesn't detract from this. Good use of opposite titles in these two tracks. 9.25/10
9.Read more ›
"Start Something" is a far cry from the underground Post-hardcore sound of England. The band has become much more media friendly with this release. While at the same time keeping the post-harcore sound at the roots of the album. Take into consideration the techno influences here. Almost reminescent of "when reason sleeps". Another rising UK outfit. The Keyboardist does a great job in that honor. The guitar is obviously where the hardcore sound shines, and shows the great musiscianship showcased on the CD. The vocals are obviously british. Almost sounding like an EMOtype matt davies. He whines and pleads with his words. While on the other side he screams like Curt Cobain. it's weird but practical. All this aside, it's safe to say the entire album treats genres like touchstones. Skipping around them at free will. Not to say that's always agood thing though. It'd be hard for someone to like every song on this album as much as the next. From the hard and heavy hitting "a million miles", to the slow ballad-like "goodbye tonite"; the constant style change can be easilly hatable.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
SO GOOD. Tight rhythms, heart-melting melodies, and unrivaled vocals. Pair this with the grooviest bassist on the planet and some sick solos and you've got yourself the... Read morePublished on June 27, 2014 by X. Phillius
I gave this cd four out of five stars because I haven't listened to it yet. I'm sure it will be good though.Published on January 9, 2014 by Allison Danielle Burke
Garbage. Haven`t heard this, or any of this band`s other music, but it`s not good. Don`t buy it or any other music by this band. Read morePublished on November 30, 2013 by D. Watson
Alright. So, in general, the music was very good. I love this type of music. It was good alternative metal/rock. I especially loved "Wake Up" and "Last Summer". Read morePublished on July 13, 2011 by Matthew Weatherly
Okay I first heard this band when my friend gave me his old outdated iPod, and I was stunned. I listen to this album every day 2006-present! Read morePublished on January 15, 2009 by Julie A. Mcgowan