Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New Album by Prophets of Rage Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 133 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 153 reviews
on July 15, 2015
A business week best seller! This book is loaded with solid business content. If your new to business or just jumping into becoming an entrepreneur than this book could serve as a full cover to cover read but its going to be grueling with over 760+ pages. For those entrepreneurs that are already in business or writing a business plan this book could serve as an excellent reference book. With over 40 chapters in this book the author breaks down almost every aspect of planning a business that you can think of. What makes this book such a great reference book? It's strategically broken into 8 core chapters that really defines the book. This allows you to skip to any point in the book and start reading.

For my full review visit my business book review blog at http://bizbookhq.com/2015/07/16/start-your-own-business/
on October 11, 2011
Intresting, complete. Has every thing you need to open a Business in UNITED STATES if you are from another country, it still helps but not that much. Very easy and fast to read
on February 20, 2015
I bought this in addition to my academic book (a huge 1000 page book) as a part of a project in which students must study and write a business plan. While it sums up my large complicated book pretty well, it's just an oversimplified version of it which adds nothing new, nothing I didn't already read.
Despite that, most people won't read a 1000 page textbook on business plans and the language of Start Your Own Business is simple and understandable to those who haven't had any experience in business world. It's ideal for those who haven't studied BA but are still interested in writing a good business plan. The book also includes several tips for interested American (it's based on USA law) soon to be entrepreneurs, on accounting, business law and some other small but crucial points that could otherwise slow down the start-up.
on February 20, 2013
I have many books that I have bought, read a third of the way through, and put aside as more important things come up. This book is one where I put work aside to make time to read. A strange situation for me.

This books covers a lot of area that I would not have otherwise thought about. It may not go into great depth about things, but that's not it's point, I think. It just wants to tell you enough about the hundreds of things you should think about and if you need any more information, you're free to look into other sources. But for what you should know, this book covers it, and it does it very well.

Thank you, authors, for not wasting my time and money. I just wish others would follow your example.
on July 24, 2015
I was looking for a go-to on how to form a SMALL business - i.e. a discussion of tax advantages and methods for incorporating small-time operations. I found the book very content-free and overly simplistic. There is a lot of blah-blah about picking your company name and other side issues more oriented to a large small business. I found very little in terms of nuts-and-bolts. Tax advantages. Oh yeah, there are some. Paying yourself. Yeah, you can do that. What type of business are you going to form? Sole Proprietor, LLC, S-Corp? I don't know, probably one of those. Waste of money for me, and the blurb looked like it was useful.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 20, 2014
I chose the 5 star rating because the book was well written, realistic and easy to follow and understand.

This book covers every step from making the decision to become an entrepreneur to understanding sales & marketing and profitability. It addresses areas that are imperative to the success of someone new to being an entrepreneur, and it also serves as a reminder for existing entrepreneurs who want to be better entrepreneurs.

I appreciated the step-by-step format used, as well as the clear and concise manner in which it was written. Reading this book gave me the courage and helped me to decide to become an entrepreneur without apprehension or fear.

I strongly recommend Start Your Own Business for anyone interested in starting a small business, as well as for someone who wants to improve their existing business.
on June 27, 2014
The information presented here were very basic. If you have already been in startup business for a while, I would not recommend this book. However, if you are looking to see if you would be interested in starting your own business, I say this could be a decent place to start. You will see very cliche type of quotes here and there throughout the book. The cliche quotes don't really work for me. However, I can see how it may inspire some others. The contents of this book however are very well thought out. The cover says that it is "The ONLY startup book you'll ever need." I must say I strongly disagree and you will need many other books, but pick this up if you are just getting your feet wet.
on March 5, 2013
Don't try to read this book from cover to cover. This book works much better as a reference book than anything else. I typically flip to a section when I'm having trouble in that department in my daily routine. Good information, however, since it encompass everything don't expect to really dive deeply into any particular subject. However, it's a great place to start. For it's price, it's definitely something to have on your shelf.
on April 21, 2017
very informative great starter help....
on May 24, 2017