Make a good living naturally, growing and selling herbs and herbal products
There's a huge demand for herbs and herbal products today. Cooks use herbs to enhance the flavors of their meals. Bath and beauty products use herbs for both their scents and therapeutic qualities. And herbal teas, candles, and potpourri are more popular than ever. As a result, the herb business is booming.
There are lots of ways to cash in on this lucrative opportunity. You can:
- Sell fresh cut herbs to restaurants and markets
- Sell potted plants to garden centers and home gardeners
- Operate a display garden, retail shop and tea room on your own farm
- Make herbal products from wreaths to herb vinegars and sell them at farmers markets and arts and crafts fairs
Best of all, your business can be as small or large as you want. You can start in a rooftop garden, a section of your backyard, an empty lot, or go all the way with your own farm and greenhouse.
This essential guide not only shows you how to grow herbs, but also how o develop a wide range of herbal products you can sell to expand your business and improve profits. You'll learn everything you need to know, including expert advice on how to:
- Grow, harvest and package the most popular herbs and edible flowers
- Construct, operate and maintain your own herb garden or greenhouse
- Create your own herbal products, including dips, jellies, teas, dream pillows, soaps, shampoos, fragrances, wreaths, note cards, and more!
- Expand your business through wholesaling, mail order catalog sales, and newsletters
You also get useful sample forms, a glossary, additional resources, plus step-by-step instructions, checklists, and worksheets to guide you through each step of the start-up process and help you get started making your dream of owning your own business come true.