Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-7 of 7 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 32 reviews
on May 15, 2017
Our 8 year old daughter absolutely looooved the Shiloh series by Phyllis Reynolds Naylor. When she finished the series, I scoured the internet to see what else Phyllis Reynolds Naylor has written. I read the reviews on the Alice series and purchased the first one, "Starting with Alice". Our daughter, now 9, loved the book so much that here we are ordering Alice in Blunderland. It's going to be a sweet summer of reading =)
on October 19, 2013
I discovered the Alice series recently and I have now read 6 of Phyllis Naylor's books. I am looking forward to reading the Alice series books to my two dear granddaughters who are 7 and 9 year old sisters. I'm sure they will enjoy the Alice stories as they will readily relate to and identify with the characters that are portrayed so very realistically.

I have been deeply moved by each of the 4 "Alice" books I've read so far. I have found myself tearing up and just plain crying as I read these stories and, when I read the story called "A String of Chances", I was in tears almost non-stop as I read the last four chapters. I ordered this book online so I can have it for the girls to read a few years from now when they are a bit older and can more readily relate to the main, older character. We'll start with the Alice series and characters that are more nearly the same ages as my granddaughters.

Although I have read a number of outstanding books for children - and for adults - over the years and I have occasionally found myself moved to tears as I've read parts of some of them, I don't think I have ever been as moved by a story and the characters in a story as I have upon reading these six books by Ms. Naylor.

I look forward to reading more of Ms. Naylor's stories and sharing them with my loving and loved granddaughters.

Doug Love
parent, grandparent,
retired teacher, and
parenting instructor
on December 7, 2014
This was a gift for a grand daughter and she enjoyed these books when she was younger and wants to collect the series.
on June 11, 2013
This novel is light and sweet regarding the story and relationship between Alice and her pet. The vocabulary is perfect for a 3rd or 4th grader. So is the subject manner. I really enjoyed it.
on December 29, 2013
I have not read the kindle version yet, but I read the hard back when I was younger! It is a great story about growing up!
on February 7, 2014
Got this book today. Seems to have all it's pages! ;) Definitely worth buying a used copy. Looks brand new!!
on March 25, 2007
My daughter has read this book over and over again- she loves it!