- Series: For Dummies
- Paperback: 600 pages
- Publisher: For Dummies; 1 edition (April 27, 2015)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1119049105
- ISBN-13: 978-1119049104
- Product Dimensions: 7.3 x 1.3 x 9.2 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.6 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 79 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #11,787 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $3.94 shipping
Starting a Business All-In-One For Dummies Paperback – April 27, 2015
There is a newer edition of this item:
Inspire a love of reading with Prime Book Box for Kids
Discover delightful children's books with Prime Book Box, a subscription that delivers new books every 1, 2, or 3 months — new customers receive 15% off your first box. Sign up now
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
From the Back Cover
8 BOOKS IN 1
- Developing Business Plans and Business Models
- Starting an Online Business
- Franchising and Home-Based Business
- Bookkeeping and Accounting
- Financial Management
- Managing Employees
- Marketing and Branding
All the practical advice you need for starting a business
Starting a business? Don't sweat it! Written in plain English and packed with simple, step-by-step instructions, this one-stop reference shows you how to start up our dream business from scratch, write a winning business plan, secure financing, manage your risks successfully, navigate your first year of operation, and much more!
- Eureka! You've got it! develop a business concept, refine and define your business idea, create a business model, and find your target market
- Planning is half the battle write a business plan, find funding, create a website for your business, and keep things legit with the right legal structure
- Show me the money set up the books, understand your profits and losses, keep your cool with cost and budgeting, and satisfy the Tax Man
- Rules of management hire, set goals, embrace corporate social responsibility, coach and mentor employees, and delegate to get things done
- If you build it... optimize your marketing program, strengthen your marketing strategy, take stock of your business image, forge your brand, and create marketing communications that work
Open the book and find:
- Guidance if you're considering a franchise
- Tips for starting a home-based business
- The best ways to manage your business with technology
- Step-by-step guidance on keeping on top of the books
- Ways to increase employee engagement and motivation
- Strategies for overcoming obstacles in starting a business
- Invaluable social marketing strategies
Review this product
79 customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
You'll find out about how to start preparing for owning a business, how to come up with an idea, types of business models, financials, accounting, managing and marketing.
The book with its 500+ pages is not at all too long, because of its scope. It's just full of information from page 1 to the end.
Why only 4 stars:
1. It seems pretty focused on specific business models (franchising for instance is described in way more details than I expected)
2. Does not say anything about the sales process - pretty important omission.
3. Seems slightly biased toward businesses that sell physical products
4. Because of its scope, concepts are presented (quite well), but then there are not enough examples of different kinds of businesses/situations/techniques. This is to be expected though, as 500+pages is not enough for all that information.
Very good introductory book. Very useful for making one realize how many things there are to know in the world of business.