- Paperback: 456 pages
- Publisher: For Dummies; 7 edition (July 10, 2013)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1118607783
- ISBN-13: 978-1118607787
- Product Dimensions: 7.4 x 1.1 x 9.2 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.5 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 36 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #511,799 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Starting an Online Business For Dummies 7th Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
From the Back Cover
- Improve your website's visibility to attract repeat customers
- Research your target audience and enhance customer service
- Track your site's performance with updated marketing and analytics tools
- Conduct business securely on mobile devices
Get down to business! Here's what it takes to succeed in the world of e-commerce
Now's the perfect time to launch your online business, and this book is loaded with the information you need. From how to think like an entrepreneur to choosing a web host, designing a compelling website, taking advantage of social media marketing, and keeping your business legal, this updated guide will help you make your business dream a reality.
- The right mindset learn how to think like a business person and plan for success
- Tools of the trade find out what software and hardware you need as well as how to choose a web host and domain name
- Think mobile expand your reach and engage your customers on the go with a mobile-friendly website
- Spread the word market your business with e-newsletters, discussion groups, mailing lists, and contests
- Socialize boost business visibility with Facebook®, Pinterest®, Twitter®, and other social networking sites
- Optimize improve both your catalog listings and your website so your business ranks highly with search engines
- Beyond eBay open new opportunities with online storefronts and specialty marketplaces
- Legal stuff protect your business identity, know and follow local regulations, and choose the right accounting method
Open the book and find:
- Ten essential steps for starting your business
- Ways to make your website more customer-friendly
- How to build loyalty with great customer service
- Payment options to consider
- Case studies that showcase business success
- Cost-effective marketing strategies
- Efficient ways to manage multiple storefronts
- Services for mobile merchants
About the Author
Greg Holden founded Stylus Media, a company specializing in creating web pages for small businesses. He has written more than 30 books, many focused on online business and the skills and tools that small-business entrepreneurs need to expand their operations on the Internet.
Try the Kindle edition and experience these great reading features:
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
this is a good step by step development book. All the pieces are here I'll put them together
with a minimal bank $$ and be a ecomm business owner soon
I note that the same author has written Internet Auctions For Dummies, another vexing subject. Now if I only had Returning Books To Amazon For Dummies....
I did find a very good book which is just as basic but takes a logical, chronological, step-by-step approach, How To Start A Home Based Mail Order Business by Georganne Fiumara.