- Item Weight: 45 pounds
- Shipping Weight: 55.4 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Domestic Shipping: Item can be shipped within U.S.
- International Shipping: This item is not eligible for international shipping. Learn More
- ASIN: B00P9P6MV2
- Item model number: A730669269844
- Average Customer Review: 6 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #2,343,689 in Sports & Outdoors (See Top 100 in Sports & Outdoors) Manufacturer’s warranty can be requested from customer service. Click here to make a request to customer service.
State Bicycle Offroad Division Megalith Fat Bike
|Price:||$699.00 & FREE Shipping. Details|
Want this professionally assembled?
- Assembling 1 customer-supplied bike
- Guidance on basic tuning and maintenance
- Safety ride to ensure function and performance
- Longer assembly times may result in additional service fees
- Pro will contact you within 1 business day to schedule
- Kick back and only pay when the job is done
- Backed by Amazon's Happiness Guarantee
- Book the service directly on Amazon
- Receive confirmation within 1 business day
- Backed by Amazon's Happiness Guarantee
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- State bicycle single speed fat bike, the megalith
- Dexterous, Imposing, Tough as nails
- Amazon bullet 3
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
|Brake Style||Disc Brakes|
|Frame Material Type||Steel|
|Item Weight||45 pounds|
|Number Of Speeds||1|
|Package Height||10 x 29 x 61.5 inches|
|Shipping Weight||55.35 pounds|
Dexterous. Imposing. Tough As Nails Our Deluxe Model Single Speed Fat Bike, The Megalith, Is Highlighted By A Light 4130-Chromoly Steel Frame &Amp; Fork, Avid Bb5 Disc Brakes, Drilled Rims, Rear Cassette To Convert To Geared Riding, And Signature Graphics Hand-Drawn By The Inimitable Create Folly Design. Specs Frame/Fork: 4130-Chromoly Steel Tires: 26C X 4 Inch Rims: Drilled Fat Rims Brake: Avid Bb5 Disc Brakes Rear Cassette: Easily Convert To Geared Riding Headset: 1-1/8" Thread Less Stem: 3D Forged Alloy Spoke: Carbon Steel Handlebars: Alloy 8 X 700Mm Bottle Opener: Mounted To Seat Tube Graphics: Hand-Drawn Originals By Create Folly.
Size: One Size | Color: Asphalt/White
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
Bike is not worth $700.
IS mounts F & R were hugely off from being perpendicular to Axle centerline.
I had to modify these myself to fix and get decent alignment with the Hayes Prime and 203mm discs I put on immediately.
Bike may work tubeless with the extra heavy CTS tires the bike comes with. However I could not get Vee Missions to work as they fit too loosely on the wheel to hold bead until you can inflate.
I heard from another owner that the stock headset is absolute crap. I noticed the headset myself was bit crappy and fit seemed weird, but have not ridden the bike yet, so i'll take the word of another owner and also upgrade the headset to a Cane Creek Forty
Again. Even though I immediately upgraded parts, the poor quality control of the frame (*disc mounts) has kept me from even being able to ride the bike yet, as I've had to massage it with my 4.5" dewalt grinder
I would be a bit more Annoyed if I had paid the full $700 price. And if I wasn't fabricator with all kinds of tools/welders, I would not have been able to fix some of the issues myself at no cost.
This other owner also told me their is non existant support from STATE. Also if you can't prove it was professionally assembled, he said they will not honor any warranty.
I knew this was a gamble as it's an "internet" only available bike. and also I would be assembling it myself.
I think if I had taken this to a professional bicycle mechanic, they would have laughed and most likely try to sell you another bike, or possibly charge a bit to fix the issues (typically $25 per end, $50 total)
If you plan to upgrade to 1x10 drivetrain, etc, don't waste your money on this bike. Pay more up front and get a better bike that has better components
The only other fairly inexpensive Chromo fatbike I was aware of was Bikesdirect Lurch. Not sure of their quality but wish I had purchased that instead. Surly of course makes chromo bikes but the cost of frame is about what I paid for full Megalith bike (you get what you pay for). Aluminum bikes you have much more options. BD boris, Charge Cooker, Framed, etc.
Don't buy State bike company fat bike. There are plenty of alternatives that work.
I've broken two frames and won't break a third. I'm off
The design isn't up to scratch, the core product isn't either
Their service or lacking service is just the lemon juice you want in a paper cut.
They suck and that's about as good as I get.