Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

Format: Paperback|Change

Showing 1-10 of 125 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 149 reviews
on June 1, 2016
This is the first book I have read on the subject and there are
many more. This author has not only experienced the effects
of statin damage but is uniquely qualified to write about it. Most of my suspicions about statin drugs have been satisfied.
I personally stopped statin intake 5 months ago due to symptoms described in this book. It simply confirmed that I
did the right thing. This is a 'must read' for anyone currently
on statins. Beware! You will be shocked by the symptoms
and risks involved....
on January 9, 2014
I found this book to be very understandable and informative. I know the nitty gritty of medicine is more complex and detailed, but this book seems to go far enough without getting too detailed.
The information is quite revealing, and unfortunately for me, some of the side effects described in this book match my own experience with taking a statin. While reading this book I discontinued my statin use because I was experiencing fatigue, nervy feeling in in my legs, weak and sore muscles, a generally low mood (not depressed but lower than normal), and a lower libido. I suspected it was the statin and this book helped me to size up my situation. I got confirmation about what I was feeling/experiencing.
Anybody taking or being advised to take a statin should take the time to read this first. The information about the CoQ10 is very important. My Dr. advised I take it after I complained of aching and fatigue. When I took it it definitely helped and my soreness and fatigue dissipated. However, the nervy feeling in my legs persists, so I went off the statin. I pray that I wasn't too late. You have nothing to lose by reading this book.
on October 29, 2013
Well done Dr D.
Heart-Cholesterol supposed issue. Not sure I believe this even if I am not a Dr. Anyway my true Statin Pain story.
3 weeks after starting on that famous L statin drug my right leg swelled then my ankle then my other leg/ankle then my knees and so on. Awful muscle pain. I could hardly move let alone walk. At that 3 week mark I stopped talking the drug then it took 8-10 weeks for the pain to subside and for me to get back to almost normal. Also had memory loss etc.
Lots of advice from Dr D in this book re: Vitamins including CoQ10,Vit B-12,Omegas etc which I really believe help me feel better.
Statins - NEVER again!
on September 7, 2013
I can't say enough about this book: 'The Statin Damage Crisis'. Due to certain disabilities I have witnessed in people who take these medications, I wondered if they had anything to do with the drugs. My plan was to not only pass this information on to others, but maybe use it in one of my novels. I spent the past few years researching everything and anything that was related to the statins millions of baby boomers and some younger are taking today. By far, none of my research gave the wealth of information, the good versus the bad, and some great examples of these as this book. If you are on a Statin, you must get this book! Thanks.
on February 2, 2016
If you have been on Satin drugs for the last 3 to 20 years as I have, you must read this book to learn what a guinea pig you have been for the drug industry & what nasty health problems you may be experiencing or will get as a result. Not good & I am still upset.
on January 16, 2014
Dr. Gravel has the credentials to make one take notice. His information should be required reading for all doctors. Mine is still unaware of much of this information regarding the danger of many drugs in wide use today. As long as drug companies are profiting from certain drugs, they will find ways to delay the public release of the dangers associated with these drugs. I recommend this book to anyone taking Statins, or any other drugs hailed by the drug companies.
on September 16, 2013
This book is a first hand account of what happened to a doctor (and not just any doctor but a doctor who was an astronaut and a physician to the astronauts) when he took statin medication. It borders on the criminal the way big Phrma markets this and the other money making medication that really don't do anything to help the majority of the people these drugs are prescribed for moreover, it can and does hurt those same people it purports to help.
Dr. Graveline spells out the problem with statins in a clear and very readable narrative of what happened to his health after taking statins, what his doctors and colleagues thought and how you can protect yourself from this same insanity of cholesterol lowering drugs.
Dementia and Alzheimer's disease are big business and it's growing every day. Statin drugs are very suspect in causing this sharp increase in these events.
Read this book if you are a woman, if you are a man taking statins, if you are a parent to whom the doctor has spoken about giving your children statins. Read this book if you value your brain and would like to keep it healthy.
on November 13, 2013
About five years ago,I found myself on the slab undergoing bypass surgery, and in the aftermath the cardiologist prescribed statins.

I kept complaining about them as they made me feel so bad, so he dealt with that problem by changing the brand. It did nothing to help. I still felt listless & tired all the time

Then I came across the statin damage book, and came to realize that statins were doing me far more harm than good. I was astounded at all the side effects of this drug. I simply stopped taking them, and I now watch my diet very carefully.

But my problem was not entirely my diet. I was reacting badly to stress, and that's what did me in. So now I do not allow things to get to me anymore - I let someone else do the worrying.
on August 19, 2015
Best single book on cholesterol, heart disease, and statins I have read. It does the best job of covering the biological mechanics involved and does so in a way that a lay person can understand but without being dumbed down. The information provided references studies so anyone who want more detail can easily research further.

One aspect that Graveline covers in detail is the FDA's Medwatch database which though poorly organized and categorized can be researched with time and diligence to find thousands of cases of reported physical damage from the use of statins. It is not only that statins provide only a 1.1% gain in absolute numbers for preventing heart attacks but that statins also lead to increases in cancers and diabetes and other factors that lead to disability or death.

Information such as Merck having filed a patent for a combination statin and CO Q10 product which shows that this drug company was away of the downsides of statins, is something I have not seen mentioned in any of the books or articles on the subject that I have read. It speaks volumes to the corruption of the health care industry in this country and also to the unique perspective provided by Dr. Graveline.

If you only care to read one book on statins or are looking for something to give someone you know is on statins and about whom you care, this is the one to get or give.
on July 10, 2017
Interesting book on the real health issues in the United States. Educational and straight forward.
Don't believe everything your doctor tells you, they don't know everything.
Make your own mind up after reading this book.