Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Electronics Gift Guide $69.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment outlanders3premiere outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on April 24, 2016
I have been a huge fan of Bowie's output from 1971 (Hunky Dory) through 1980 (Scary Monsters) for a few years now.

This, IMO, is the best album of all of them. Station to Station (the song) is alone worth the price. I don't think it is the most immediately accessible album from the 70's but the more I listened, the better this got.
on March 18, 2016
One of my top three Bowie albums. I hadn't listened to it in decades, but relistened since his death. Almost every track is great, but especially Wild is the Wind and Word on a Wing, both of which showcase his beautiful voice and range.
VINE VOICEon October 1, 2010
Station to Station is one of the best albums of all time, in my opinion. It was the album that made me a huge David Bowie fan, and it's never lost an iota of its hold on me all these years later. The songs can be upbeat but emotional, open yet often sinister. There always seems to be something bubbling under the surface, giving the songs a power that was at times lacking on an album like Young Americans.

I've never had any problem with the sound of the original CD release, so I probably would not have opted for this reissue if it weren't for the Nassau Coliseum concert. The album sounds great, and the concert is absolutely tremendous. He plays songs spanning almost his entire career thus far, but (as Bowie so often did) with his new 1976 style. Suffragette City, for instance, doesn't just rock here - it also glides along on an almost-disco beat.

Sometimes, reissues come with a little padding to trick the consumer into shelling out for something they already have. This concert isn't just padding - it's the real reason to buy this set. The improved mix of the proper album is just the icing on the cake.
on June 27, 2016
Breakthrough Album For Bowie. Pivotal Period in his life. Short but Sweet and Dark Must have for your Bowie Music Collection.
on October 13, 2017
YES I LOVE THIS CD BY David, LOVED IT SO MUCH BOUGHT THE 2016 COPY AS WELL, BOUGHT THE PREVIOUS REMASTER FIRST. THE ONLY DIFFERENCE IS THE FRONT COVER.
on September 28, 2012
I saw the full Deluxe edition, and I must admit I did want that, but I wanted so many other CDs music, and DVDs
that I had to compromise. I have bought some of the super fan collections of items, but I can't do that with every
set. I will admit that this has the great material, a remastered Station to Station, which I had only heard certain
tracks in collections before, so the first disc ( The Studio Album) is great, with awesome detail in the mix, and
the live double disc is new to me, but is still a great set, whether heard before or not, its a unique performance
and great to listen to, since Bowie is one of those performers who give each date a unique edge, and the other
musicians give the studio version plus something extra so that you get an extra bonus for sure.
The Set has a bunch of great items, the booklet is a part of a larger set that must be the Deluxe set with
everything thrown in, but it still looks great in the booklet set since it gives a great insight, and I am sure the
book will come out for a while as an item for fans. I remember seeing Bowie sometime around this period on the
Kenny Everett show, and he was a total scream. Whilst the Studio album is great all around, tracks 2,5, and 6 are
ones that stand out and have been the perennials.The live discs have varying degrees of greatness, but I enjoy things like the very evocative tone of track 15 ( FIVE YEARS) which has a continuation of the studio style, but
that was lacking a little in tone, so the live version has somewhat more power.At various points in the Live discs,
it speeds up tracks as you might know them, which is pretty standard for live albums, and Panic in Detroit is where
the Band is introduced. The rest of the Live Album is a great experience in my opinion, even when compared to ,
for example, the GLASS SPIDERS tour, which had something else added to it that made it have a very different tone.
But both of these shows are top arguments for Video-ed shows, or at the very least having Large Screens, since both
here and in some other Continents, the performances are almost indecernible with the theatrics without a large
screen if you are more than 15 rows back.
The little extras are great. The booklet has photos of Tickets, but I would have liked the approach some
special editions did where the Laminates were reproduced. Minor but significant. the Special edition overall is a
great buy, but if you can afford the deluxe edition, go for it, I know that with deluxe editions in other cases, I
bought it, and with the right package, it is a great buy for fans, maybe not so good for the casual listener. And
in that theme, if you want an intro to Bowie from this period without a Nosebleed price, the Special edition is
pretty good. And you can get the studio Album on its own if you just want that for a new listener. At the very
least you can appreciate the musicianship. But, I was happy with the Special edition, I just wish I could have got
the Deluxe version/edition.
on March 20, 2017
The remaster sounds real lush. Totally worth getting! It's tough to top that original RCA Bowie vinyl. But this is awesome!
on March 9, 2016
I had this in an LP and loved it, so after David Bowie passed, I decided to order the CD. I know it does not have as many songs on it as some, but this one had sentimental value for me. I really enjoyed it. I have read some criticisms of digitally remastered music, but hey, nothing beats the sound of an LP anyway, so it is pretty good as far as I am concerned.
on October 8, 2017
One of my favorite David Bowie CD may have a few songs on it
Bowie sure knew how to make good music
on November 12, 2010
This is what Bowie fans want and need - superb packaging, extras and music from the vaults! Although I owned the Nassau 1976 set on cassette tape (high grade metal-oxide no less!) - listening to a properly mixed concert surpasses anything else. Nassau 1976 is THE Essential live Bowie set. Thank you technology!

If I sound more enthused about Bowie's live offering than Station to Station, I am. Station to Station was a mini magnum opus in itself - but always felt more like a suite than a full album. An EP rather than an LP. Bowie was going spare into his albums by this time and Low would confirm that direction.

The live album however confirms Bowie's greatness and passion as a live performer. There isn't a bad track in this set. Sure, he was on drugs, booze and despite the side effects of the cocaine, Bowie and his gang delivered. This is rock and roll.

The only fault with this album is the truncated live version of Panic in Detroit - why? I always loved the original live version with the killer drum solo. Sure you can download it somewhere, but hmm...

So, here's wishing for the future of Bowie reissues. They should find more live material, more photos - they all look great. Honoring the man with a cool package is testament to his genius and impact on modern music. Kudos too to the great musicians that Bowie surrounded himself with.

This box set raises the bar and credits go to who? at EMI for doing such a beautifully integrated package.