Industrial Deals Beauty Oprah's Book Club STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 101 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 128 reviews
on October 19, 2011
I'm actually surprised people have rated this product fairly well; I think they haven't used their containers yet. The lunch container is a good size and will fit a sandwhich plus sides; unlike other small lunch containers. However the directions state to put your sandwhich in a plastic zip lock, so it won't get soggy from the condensation from the frozen cube. Well, I'm trying to reduce trash and not use so many sandwhich bags, so that was a little disappointing.

I used the container and made certain everything snapped on tightly and found every compartment had leaked into the other compartments. Worst of all the items leaked out of the container into my son's lunch bag -ugh a big mess. The items were not even that leaky: pasta, peanut-butter and apples (for dipping.)

The freezer lid is a little heavy either way (frozen or unfrozen.) The freezer cube is attached to the lid, so you have to freeze the whole lid, which is a little weird- but certainly not terrible. The lid for the utensils is a little hard to open for me, so much more for a toddler.

All in all, its a decent container for dry goods mostly.
0Comment| 134 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
TOP 500 REVIEWERon March 15, 2013
This container is good - very good even - in a seriously limited number of lunch time applications and only for users who are strong enough to get it open and closed, yet gentle enough not to break it to pieces. I knew what I was getting into when I ordered this, because I had read the other reviews (which speak the truth) and because I had seen one at a local retailer.

I needed a container to separate some keep cold items from a soup thermos that I wanted to pack in the same insulated lunch box. None of the keep cold items are wet (sandwich, raw veggies, etc.), and they all get packed in their own reusable bags so that the food doesn't touch the ice block. I wrap the thermos in a bread bag, tuck everything in, and my son, who is now 12 years old and eating me out of house and home, gets enough lunch and snack for an average school day.

You have to be really careful with the latches; they are very flimsy. I hope this lasts awhile, since I really don't like the idea of putting plastic waste into landfills, but I don't really expect that it will.
on May 17, 2017
This item works great when it's not broken. Basically, since it's required to be in the freezer this puts the plastic at a higher risk of breaking. See the photo with this review. We bought two of these and both have broken due to this same flaw. It would be nice to see the product made of a better quality plastic rather than one that shatters so easily. Don't waist your time.
review image
on October 20, 2014
biggest problem is the individual compartments dont get completely sealed by the lid, so you have spillage within the container between sections. Could be a problem if you have pasta with sauce in one and cut fruit in another. Our blueberries migrated all over.

otherwise seems well made and has a good design. the inner ice pack cant be removed, so if you dont need it and could use the space/spare the weight, tough luck
on August 23, 2014
Not a fan, melted onto my food while in work refrigerator, obviously too long out of freezer, unable to remove freezer pack and use just for portioned out lunch which is why I bought it, also smells bad when not frozen. I now use the bottom to hold odds and ends.
on February 15, 2014
Well, I had high hopes for this but am disappointed. Cheaply made. Although it seems that the lid snaps tightly, the lid leaks so you need to be careful what you use it for (and no I'm not putting liquids in it). It stains, so again you need to be careful what you use it for. Also it's just generally clunky.
on March 14, 2013
This product is made of flimsy plastic that feels like it will break at any moment. I took it to work and was very careful to keep it as level as possible. When I opened it at lunch, my yogurt was all over everything else. I'm not sure why they would make a divided container that won't keep the food in its proper section. On the plus side, the size is good and the ice pack built into the lid is very useful.
on March 11, 2014
Very easy to prepare his daily lunch for daycare and then place in his lunchbox carrier. I like the freezer pack, just wish it came apart from the lid, have to freeze the entire section and then cover the lunch in the morning, but these are hard to find in the stores. Love the fork and knife that has a compartment so the little one can remember where they are when he's ready for lunch. I wish they were available in pink for my granddaughter who is also in daycare. Good purchase decision!
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 17, 2013
Did not like this item at all. All the food mixed together when the cover was on. Terrible for travel. Also cannot prepare the night before since the whole cover has to go in the freezer.
on February 20, 2014
I was a little down that it needs to be hand washed but all in all it is perfect! I can put the correct serving sizes in the container and there is a plastic jell thing in the lid that can go in the freezer with the lid. The utensils are blue which I like because it is my favorite color and there is room in the top for a napkin or two. The two sides clip down for a secure hold. I like it!

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.