Shop Auto Winter Products Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide $24.99 for a limited time only Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video  Echo Plus  Black Friday Deals Week: Fire tablets starting at $29.99. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now HTL17_gno

on November 27, 2014
This item is wonderful for the one-handed person. I am able to hand mix bowls of food again without having to chase the bowl around the counter. The silicone holds the bowl still and holds the bowl to the counter top. Since losing use of my right arm, this product is a dream come true for me. Handicap aids are so overpriced at specialty stores, it is refreshing to find such a helpful item reasonably priced on Amazon. Everything describing this item is true, it definitely holds a bowl in place. I have even used mine on a larger bottomed tupperware bowl with little of the edges touching and it held.
on February 25, 2015
Man this beats the towel wrapped around a bowl to hold it still!
$20 to hold a bowl still while you stir/whip/whisk/mix stuff?? I had my doubts, but it sure looked like just what I was looking for. And after I got it I've found it's well worth that. And it will last forever.
It's bigger than I thought and that's a good thing. It will hold the smallest bowl I'm likely to use and also the largest. I keep it under my stack of mixing bowls for storage.
I read some person's review saying it slips around on the countertop. All I can say is you need to clean off your countertops every once in a while... And keep the Stabowlizer clean too by just rinsing it off. This thing sticks like it's glued down. Made of a soft rubber that has a nice tack to it that sticks to the surface of the counter nicely and also holds the bowl still while you whisk away. Frees one hand to pour in stuff while the other one whisks.
Definitely recommended!
on July 7, 2015
I am a gourd artist and use these to stabilize my gourds while I am carving, wood burning, drawing and painting on them. They are prefect for anyone who does this type on work!
review image
This makes whisking so comfortable! It is very pleasant to use when tempering egg yolks for homemade ice cream, custards or puddings. It feels very sturdy with a very good quality plastic. It is definitely worth the space to store it, especially because it "protects" whatever is stacked above and below it.

I bought it after reading about it at www.cooksillustrated.com, whose reviews I have come to completely trust! They highly recommended it, and wrote this about it:

This two-sided silicone gadget kept a variety of mixing bowls firmly attached to every work surface in the kitchen, making it far superior to traditional bowl-steadying methods (placing the bowl inside a small pot or coiling a damp dish towel around its base). It even forms a tight seal in double boilers, which prevents steam burns, and its compact size makes it easy to store."
on June 30, 2016
I saw Lisa McManus on America's Test Kitchen review this nifty gadget and instantly knew that it would make kitchen time for my preschooler that much easier and fun. All my mixing bowls fit either the top or the bottom bowl area (it flips over for smaller bowls). My preschooler cannot move it at all - which makes mixing so much easier for him (and less stressful for me!). I've enjoyed using it as well! I've been purchasing these as gifts - and gave one to a family friend who has arthritis (but still loves to bake). What a difference it made for him! This is a great, affordable kitchen tool that will definitely get use in the years to come.
on April 13, 2017
Excellent construction of durable, heavy-duty silicone! Can't wait to try it out this weekend!
(This item was showcased on America's Test Kitchen. I'm usually the only one in the kitchen. 'Had to have it to aid my batter mixing/baking activities!)

NOTE: Be sure to read the reviews that accompany lower ratings because they don't make much sense. For example, it is somehow the product's fault that people choose not to use it, so the product gets a low rating? Or the ones describing the product working exactly as intended and it being exactly as anticipated and yet the rater only gives three stars? What more were they expecting.... free airline tickets and a 4 night stay at a Hawaiian resort??)
on September 10, 2014
Truth be told, I am a cookbook reader and mostly only a kitchen dabbler. But I have dreams. One of the most vexing problems to me has been bowl stabilization, especially in a process like creating an immersion for mayo and salad dressings. Just not enough hands. Yes, I have managed with the damp towel, but I grab my whisk less often than I should because it is such an awkward process whisking and adding ingredients with an unstable bowl. I am sure that I will be whisking a lot more now and feeling more chef-like for doing things properly and getting my muscles into them.

I only received mine a few hours ago and did a try run. I tested bowls of varying sizes made of glass, stainless, ceramic, and melamine plastic. I got my whisk and beat them like a rented mule! The Staybowlizer kept them locked into place. I didn't realize, at first, that you can flip this puppy upside down for smaller bowls. It worked beautifully for bowls down to one quart. And I note that it is heat resistant to 500F and is recommended as an insert for an improvised double boiler. This thing is the bomb!
on March 4, 2017
I originally ordered this for my motorcycle helmet. It's perfect for holding it securely while I remove the pads for cleaning.
It also works great with mixing bowls.
Such a simple tool with many uses!
on October 22, 2016
I don't know how I've managed without this product. I've bought so many "helpers" that didn't help at all, but this is truly different. Yes, I've tried using rubber mats to keep a bowl from scooting out from underneath, but nothing else works as well as this stabilizer. I am a serious cook, but, in the past, had to get somebody to help me keep a bowl from scooching across my slick counters. No more scooch.
on February 22, 2014
My husband had a stroke 5 years ago. He loves to cook and has struggled with keeping the bowl still while stirring for a long time. I bought this for him a few months ago and he uses it almost daily. He loves it and it does the job well. For anyone who only has use of one arm, this is a perfect item.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.