Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Staying Power : Maintaining Your Low-Carb Weight Loss for Good Hardcover – May 1, 2005
"The Big 15 Paleo Cookbook" by Megan Flynn Peterson
Explore over 150 recipes made with 15 fundamental ingredients that save you time, energy, and money while going 'Paleo'. Learn more
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
From the Inside Flap
If you've lost weight and regained your health with your low-carb diet planwhether the Eades' program or any otherbut are concerned about maintaining your success, Staying Power is for you. Staying Power is a complete game plan for transitioning from low-carb dieting to a satisfying and fulfilling low-carb lifestyle. Drawing on the latest medical research as well as their decades of work with thousands of dieters, the Eades supply you with all the tools you need, including:
- A transition-to-maintenance program, including two weeks of delicious meal plans, that helps you make the transition from dieting to maintaining your weight loss
- Four full weeks of hearty and satisfying maintenance meal plans, including breakfasts, lunches, dinners, and snacks
- The 7-Day Low-Carb Boot Camp for getting back on track if you've plateaued or slipped from your plan
- Expert advice on how to handle the holidays, special occasions, eating at restaurants, and trips away from home
- Inspirational success stories from women and men who've achieved a successful low-carb lifestyle
- Meal planner worksheets, guidelines for protein requirements, protein and carbohydrate servings lists, and exercise tips
- An extensive FAQ section with answers to the most frequently asked low-carb questions
But that's not all. Staying Power also includes the Staying Power LifePlanner, one of the most powerful tools in your low-carb maintenance arsenal. This complete 365-day fill-in planner allows you to keep track of your eating and exercise activities day by day and chart your progress week by week. The LifePlanner brings you a wealth of tips, motivational quotes, and other resources that help you get on the path to the low-carb lifestyle and stay on it.
Let Staying Power help you take the next step on the journey to a rich, satisfying, and healthy new life.
From the Back Cover
You've done the diet. Now find out how to maintain your optimal weight and healthfor life!
With their 4-million-copy bestseller Protein Power, the Eades were among the first to bring you news of the low-carb revolution. Now, with this groundbreaking new book, they offer you a total step-by-step program for making the new you a lifelong success story.
If you've achieved or nearly achieved your weight-loss and health goals following the Eades' plan or any other low-carb diet plan, Staying Power supplies you with everything you need to take the big leap from low-carb dieting to a satisfying lifestyle. Staying Power arms you with a gold mine of clinically proven tools and strategies, including:
- A transition-to-maintenance program that helps you make the transition from dieting to maintainingincluding two weeks of transitional meal plans
- A month's worth of delicious maintenance meal plans
- The 7-Day Low-Carb Boot Camp for when you've slipped or plateaued
- Almost sixty pages of answers to all your low-carb questions
- Indispensable advice on how to stick to your low-carb plan during holidays and special events, at restaurants, and while traveling
- A 365-day fill-in planner, including tips, motivational quotes, and other valuable resources
- Insights, advice, and inspiration from people who've made the transition to a low-carb lifestyle
- And more!
Top Customer Reviews
It's a pretty simple book. There is an explanation of how you transition from a loosing phase to a maintaining phase, there are examples (taken from their practice) of how others have transitioned and there are meal plans and recipes. Most importantly tho, is that there is a section that allows 365 days of recording your meals, activities, etc.
Well written, easy to understand and great tool. A must for anyone trying to maintain a low carb lifestyle!!
This book is a nice to have but hardly essential purchase. It has very little new information or insights. There are 269 pages in total, including the appendices and index; pages 145 through 250 consist of two pages where you are supposed to record a week's worth of nutritional and personal data, repeated 52 times. (Well, okay, each week has a new "tip" and "inspirational quote" but otherwise it's the same two pages over and over.)
The only really useful part of the book was the section entitled "7-Day Low-Carb Boot Camp" detailing seven menus to get us back on track if we get too far off plan. If you, like me, can snag a used copy of this book for $4.00, then it's almost worth the price for this alone.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Just seemed a waste of money. Nothing new, a rehash. Would not have bought this if I had one clue of it's true (limited) content. Read morePublished 17 months ago by N. McBee
Drs. Eades and Eades are the best! I read both Protien Power books - from 1995 and 2000! But I've strayed over the years since and my middle aged middle shows it - so I'm in... Read morePublished on December 2, 2013 by Dudley