Shop Auto Winter Products Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. STEM $24.99 for a limited time only Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video  Echo Plus  Black Friday Deals Week: Fire tablets starting at $29.99. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite Shop now HTL17_gno

Steady On
Format: Audio CD|Change

on November 11, 2017
I love it
on April 9, 2017
love, love, older Shawn Colvin Music!!! have a copy of this CD. ...bought this one for a dear friend.
on November 2, 2016
Got this for just one track, sounds great. Not an original studio press, but an authorized copy with cover art... Satisfied.
on January 23, 2017
I will always be one of her biggest fans!
on September 25, 2016
Great Shawn
on March 1, 2015
I loved this album when it first came out in the late 80's, and I love it even more now.
on August 12, 2014
Shawn - gotta love her voice
on December 13, 2012
First, I want to say that I love this album. A friend lent me her copy and I kept it for years. I finally thought I should purchase my own copy and give this one back. Unfortunately, the CD I received looked like a new printing because the front picture was reduced in size with a blue border, and the song list was different--although this turned out to be an error on the jacket, not a difference in the album itself. When I played it, the sound was definitely tinny, and after a few playings, my cd player will not even recognize that it is loaded. Perhaps I got a boot-legged copy, but by the time I noticed the problems, it was past past thirty days. I thought if it loaded in the CD player then it would be as good as the original. I should have taken the time to listen to it all the way through, and play it a few times when I could still send it back
on December 10, 1999
Colvin's lyrics are haunting, touching and visceral - obviously someone who has sounded the depths of the abyss and come through the other side. Reminds me of Etta James' "One Day, One Step" or "A Lover is Forever" - not that the voices are anything alike, just the raw anger and courage and resolve to keep fighting. Of all of my favorite CDs, this is the one that means the most. This is the CD to accompany you when you're getting over losing someone, when your own demons haunt you ("Riding Shotgun Down the Avalanche") when you feel so alienated and alone ("Stranded") or when you feel like giving up. In those moments, listen to this album and let her lyrics express exactly what you feel. It's a strange kind of catharsis. Hopefully, you will really appreciate the poetry of a phenomenal lyricist. With lyrics like, "I will raise up my voice into the void, you have left me nowhere to go" or "I was feeling imploded, a wooden smile a wooden heart. Then things exploded like a rocket in the dark" or expressing the period after your love is gone as "the nuclear winter of another love affair". The album has an Austin / Nashville feel, Jon Leventhal did an excellent job - rich, deep and vivid. I cannot imagine that anyone with any real depth of character would not completely identify with this album - it is an anthem. I hope you enjoy it, too.
on October 22, 2003
OK, that's a bit of an exageration, but I love it! This CD is a gem. It's the one that I come back to over and over. And then I listen to it over and over. Not a bad one in the batch. Every time I hear the lines like to The Story I'm amazed. I don't know why, but this verse just amazes me:
Well our father married our mother too young
And he took on a world like a fortunate son
But in the cellar downstairs waiting for the bomb scare
He would hide from us under the kitchen
Where she simmered so soft with her weapons of tin
And like so many suppers she just gave us to him
And he never did guess in her cast iron dress
She was burning beyond recognition
PERFECTION! The title song is strong and determined. The lines: Cause he seemed like a miracle, I ate it up like cereal, but it was something like shrapnel" rank up there with the absolute best descriptions of relationships gone wrong. Shotgun is a marvel of emotional expression. Something To Believe In is tender and touching but not in the least saccharine sweet. Shawn Colvin's delivery is always 100% on the money. The production is great. The instrumentation never outweighs the songs.
On this album Shawn Colvin shows that she is not just another girl with a guitar but an incredible talent. There isn't a bad number on this CD. Highly recommended!