Industrial Deals Beauty Oprah's Book Club STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Shop Popular Services gotpremiere gotpremiere gotpremiere  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 33 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 34 reviews
on January 30, 2012
Decided to try this out since there aren't many screen protectors out there for the Samsung Galaxy Player 5.0. I'm not a fan of the Invisisheild brand because of the "sticky" feel it has which inhibits the smooth feel you should have with a touch screen, so thought I could give this one a try for the price it was. It went on easy enough, although I followed the instructions to the T and still couldn't get all the air bubbles out. I can live with that, but after about two weeks the protector started to stretch and distort. It seems it wasn't adhearing 100% and the more I moved my fingers over it, the more it tugged and pulled it out of shape. So I'll keep looking around for a screen protector that lasts and has the right feel.
on May 13, 2012
I like this better than dry films. It's almost impossible to get all the bubbles out of a dry film application. It's quite easy to remove nearly every bubble with wet film application.

I used a couple drops of mild hand soap in about a tablespoon of water, then touched a couple drops of that soapy water to the application side of the film. Then I slid the film into place on the glass. Because of the water, the film slides into place quite easily. The kit came with a small plastic squeegee, or you could use a credit card. I slowly squeegeed out the water and bubbles and sopped it up with a paper towel from the sides of the glass. The product also came with a small cloth to clean your glass surface before application, and for wiping the protected screen afterward.

The wet method allows you to try more than once if you mess up on the first try. Carefully wash the film off and start again. (Be careful not to apply more than a couple drops of water to the glass surface of the player, though. Let's not short it out, eh?) I followed a youtube example of how to apply a wet film to the competing apple product. It worked fine.

You may notice a haziness in the film after application. Don't worry - that disappears after a few hours. I'm still using the same film five months later.

The protected surface definitely has a plastic feel that is nowhere near as smooth as the unprotected glass, but you get used to it. It does not impede the use of your fingers.

This came in a slim envelope that looks almost like spam mail. Be careful not to toss it by mistake.

It is inexpensive enough that I'd buy this product again.
on May 11, 2012
I bought these protectors despite the bad reviews. Many times, I told myself, people leave bad screen protector reviews just due to their own lack of ability to apply the thing. I am a fan of the wet application screens, and have bought and applied several skinomi's. I have even removed a skinomi from a tablet that broke, and reapplied it onto the new tablet. Seems like generally the only problem is if your work area has dust. However, this time, the reviewers were right on the money.
I have to say, I didn't like the Stealth Shield Screen Protector at all. It is stretchy. As I carefully squeegy out the water, it was actually stretching...not good. I think they should have made it a bit smaller too. I did line it up quite well. Just have a hairline of space on the perimeter. But, still, along the bottom the screen protector is too long, and went beyond the screen. I was surprised and checked all the edges, and I don't think I could have gotten much closer to perfect centering/placement. The thing is just too big.
Oh well, guess I had to try. And the price was low enough that I thought it was worth checking out. Back to the drawing board :(
on March 19, 2012
I bought this cover and installed it exactly as the directions indicated, including soaking it in water before applying it, then using a squeegee to remove the excess water. First of all, after a couple days, bubbles started showing up that I couldn't get rid of.

I started having problems with the battery on my Samsung Galaxy Player 5, and sent it in for inspection. They reported that the warranty was voided because it had come in contact with water. The only time any water even touched the player was when I installed this cover. Do not buy this cover, find another one to buy.
on September 5, 2016
Keeps screen as new for 3 years allredy.
on April 23, 2012
I have 2 iphones and 2 tablets. Never had this much trouble in applying the protector. To apply this you need to spread soap water on your device and even after that it leaves lot of air bubbles inside. never seen such a worst product.
on December 17, 2013
It protect well, but block from bar coder reader.
If you use membership barcode with your device, you should find alternative solution.
on February 8, 2014
These are useless and impossible to place on the galaxy player. I final threw out the second one after struggling with the first.
on December 31, 2013
though just reading the instructions seemed simple enough, I did use the micro fiber cloth that came with it, i love it!
on February 20, 2013
Good quality for this money.
A little bit hard to install it.
Be careful with the prints.
You have to install it mm by mm otherwise it will not work.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.