Amazon Business Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Luxury Beauty March Birthstone Book House Cleaning movienight movienight movienight  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tackle Any Terrain with Cycling on Amazon STEM
Customer Discussions > The Darkness II [Download] forum

Steam Activation?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Apr 6, 2012, 5:29:10 PM PDT
Alebelly says:
Will this activate on Steam?

Thanks

Posted on Apr 7, 2012, 8:30:04 AM PDT
yes it will

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 7, 2012, 4:22:44 PM PDT
Jokerfish says:
It will. When you check out, go to the install page and there will be a link to "only need a product key?" just below the download button. Click that link, copy the game key and in your Steam window go to Games > Activate a product on Steam. enter the game key and it will be added to your Steam library. It's easy!

Posted on Apr 8, 2012, 2:25:56 PM PDT
Jason Martin says:
Wierd - when I checked the Amazon store page for this, it says the product uses Steam for authentication or something, and runs with the Steam client.

HOWEVER, then I see this notice on Steam, which says that "retail" keys for the game do not activate on Steam:
https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=9828-QRYC-7615

HOWEVER, then I see this OTHER page on Steam which lists the games that CAN be activated on Steam (and The Darkness II is included!):
https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=7480-WUSF-3601

Looks like we have a bit of conflicting information. I suppose if I buy it and I can't activate it on Steam I can complain to Amazon since their store page says it uses Steam, lol.

Posted on Apr 8, 2012, 3:30:25 PM PDT
S. Piazza says:
I just bought this and it does indeed activate in the Steam client. This is a great deal.

Posted on Aug 29, 2012, 2:14:11 AM PDT
ITs bettter to buy from cdkeysdirect.com They have darkness 2 limited edition for 15$
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  6
Total posts:  6
Initial post:  Apr 6, 2012
Latest post:  Aug 29, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

This discussion is about