|Price:||$49.99 & FREE Shipping. Details|
- Experience a new level of precise control for your favorite games. The Steam Controller lets you play your entire collection of Steam games on your TV-even the ones designed without controller support in mind.
- Features dual trackpads, HD haptic feedback, dual-stage triggers, back grip buttons, and fully-customizable control schemes. Find your favorite mappings in the Steam Community, or create and share your own.
- Dual trackpads allow for 1:1 absolute position input via virtual controls like a trackball, adaptive centering joystick, or steering wheel
- Dual-stage triggers can be used as analog, digital, or both types of input at the same time. Put your iron-sights on the sweep-in, and then fire with the reliable feel of a tactile switch, all on the same trigger.
- Each of the Steam Controller's input zones and buttons has been positioned based on frequency of use, required precision, and ergonomic comfort.
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
From the Manufacturer
PLAY ALL YOUR STEAM GAMES FROM YOUR COUCH
The Steam Controller is an innovative input device that allows you to play games from all genres, including traditional gamepad-style games as well as games usually reserved for play with a mouse and keyboard. The Controllers are wireless and completely configurable.
Top Customer Reviews
After drooling over the boxes, I plugged one in, without remembering to turn on Steam; it already worked as a mouse without any setup at all. I turned on Steam, and the software updated.
Skip to present day, I use this thing all over. Let me tell you some crazy things you can do with this controller!
* Program any button to any xbox 360, keyboard, or mouse functions (including multiple, e.g. Alt+Tab)
* Program independent (horizontal / vertical) (sensitivity / axis inversion)
* Select commonly used community created layouts for Steam Games (and tweak them yourself!)
* Configure your controller for non-Steam games
* Grab buttons (Ring Finger / Pinky Finger)
* 2 Touchpads (can be mouse, joystick, anything in between, as well as DPads, WASD / other key configurations, screen area selection (e.g. minimap), hotkeys (up to a 4x4 grid, I believe), /and more/!
* Standard xbox-feeling layout (left / right movement, joystick below, grips, and gyro may take some learning, and ABXY buttons are considered small by many)
* Haptics! What does that mean? It means you get rumbles of vibration feedback based on activity, independent of trackpad and joystick programming. E.G. Left trackpad could have no haptics, joystick (left) strong haptics, right trackpad low haptics, and gyro medium haptics! Wow!
* Gyro capabilities: That's right, you can select yaw or roll and start using this baby as a steering wheel. Or, to control movement when a certain button is held. Want both? Do both. They'll be independant controls, and easily programmed. Want to make that gyro function control a mouse? Be my guest.Read more ›
-It can be used as a wired or wireless controller.
-It is fully configurable, down to how each button and trigger acts and feels (haptic feedback).
The steam interface for changing how the controller acts can be accessed through Steam's Big Picture mode, and therefore in game. They seem to have implemented nearly every functionality that I hoped, and many that I hadn't even considered.
-Each input can be configured to feel like it has a texture due to haptic feedback. When I press my A/B/X/Y, I have them kick the controller slightly. When I use the left-pad as a joystick, I can feel how strong the joystick is pulling back to center. I can feel the heavy clicks of a scroll wheel if I set the touch-pad to act like one. It's something you need to feel to really get what I mean.
-Touch Menus. You can set either touch-pad to show up on-screen as an additional graphical overlay menu of actions that you can configure to do whatever you can think up. I set my touch menus to select crew/weapons/drones, etc. in FTL. That's 16 keyboard shortcuts that I put on one touch-pad. You can even add icons and text labels to the selection menu. You see it in your game and you can adjust the size, position, overlay, color of the buttons, everything! It has been invaluable for FPS's that have more than three guns. As an example of what this looks like, I've attached a photo of the FTL touch menu I just made that accesses all the ship power and menu functions.Read more ›
Onto the two trackpads we go, then. I've mostly just used the left trackpad as the controller's DPAD, which works fine since it has 4 distinct click regions. You can set it so the DTrackPad will only allow one direction at a time, or multiple with just one setting change. You can also disable the click function and use it as a pure trackpad if you want, but I've only done that for testing and don't see myself doing that for actual gaming-- the DPad function is mostly what I use. The bottom line is this controller will fit whatever bill you need it to.
With all that said, I believe the controller was made with larger hands than mine in mind. I'm a 5'6 guy, so my hands are probably smaller than average-- but the A/X/B/Y buttons are situation directly below and slightly outboard of the start button, and to reach the X button can be a bit of a stretch sometimes.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
The Valve Steam Controller is the "PC" of PC game controllers. What I mean by that is that this is the sort of device that affords you precisely whatever experience,... Read morePublished 1 hour ago by Chaz
This controller is by far the most accurate and best controller i have tried. Im mostly a pc gamer and i love this controller. Read morePublished 1 hour ago by Morgan Hilberer
Better suited for PC than console gamepads, but overall experience is not that great.
+ Highly configurable
+ Trackball simulation feels right... Read more
I bought this on sale because my old game pad died and didn't think I'd like it as much as I did. The buttons and triggers are well made and the track pad is much easier to use... Read morePublished 12 hours ago by AmazonReviewer
So much versatility in this controller. Very fun if you like to tweak settings.Published 13 hours ago by Tech Guy
Works great easy to set up and i got it faster from amazon than steam could ship it!Published 20 hours ago by jennie B.
My husband said it doesn't work well for all steam games so he only used it about two times and then never again :(
But he said it could work better on other games just not... Read more
Takes some time to get used to but works very well, just give it a try.Published 1 day ago by CloneCommando5
The default layout is only Up Down Left Right, Tab Esc Return. A mouse and left right mouse clicks. Don't listen to anyone telling you it's a mouse and keyboard. Read morePublished 1 day ago by Deal or No Deal