Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $59.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 203 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 226 reviews
on March 18, 2011
It is my first steam mop. I have always been thinking, that nothing can be better that a good cotton mop to keep your floors clean. My house had carpets in every rook with exception of the kitchen and bathrooms, and it was not a big deal to clean the floors just on my knees. Then we had fire and and in our rebuilt house we have tiles in the kitchen and bathrooms and engineered wood floors everywhere else. Cleaning them all on my knees was out of question. I was using microfiber mops and "Bona" floor cleaner, but the floors have never looked good enough and did not feel clean,not mentioning sanitizing.
I have been shopping for steam mop for a couple of months. I was reading reviews and comparing products. I even found a review with comparison of several steam mops and their steam temperatures, but could not make my mind. I came across Steam Fast Multi Surface Steam Mop by Vornado for $29.00 + free shipping. I decided to give it a try. For that price,even if it is a total failure, I will not feel robbed. I also applied $8.50 from Amex points, so I got the mop for unbelievable price. My husband was absolutely skeptical, saying that I will get what I pay.
The mop have exceeded all my expectations. It is light, glides easily, it heats in about 4-5 minutes. Some reviewers put it as a drawback,but I do not know why... You have to sweep or vacuum the floors before mopping any way, so I do it while it heats. The switch pedal is on the mopping head, so I just need to push it with my toe to start the unit. It indicates, when it is out of water with the green light going off. I can replenish water, using measuring cup included in the package, right away, no need to wait for cooling down,since no steam comes out of the top hole when you unscrew the cap.The mop leaves much less moister than a regular mop, and no streaks.It takes 1 measuring cup to clean my kitchen and 1 1/2 cups to clean the leaving room.The package includes two microfiber pads with Velcro on the back. All you need to do is just put the mop on the pad and it is ready. The replacement pads are also sold on Amazon, but you can be creative and make your own, if you want.
I was not too concerned if the mop sanitizes the floors or not.I do not have little children, playing on the floor, but I have two dogs, who mess them all the time. The white socks test proved ,that the mop really cleans my floors. I remembered those reviews with steam temperatures for different tested mops, and decided to test mine. I used digital meat fork-thermometer.I put it under the mop and got 207F in 4 minutes after turning the unit on.It is way more than I could even dream about.
I used the carpet attachment, which is just a plastic frame you put the mop on. It fluffs and freshens my area rug and they look great.
What else can I say? I have been using this unit for 2 weeks frequently ( Remember? Two messy dogs) and I am absolutely in love with this little wonder! No more cleaning on my knees, no more sticky floors.I saw the same mop for almost twice more from different vendor, but I would not hesitate a minute to buy it again. It is too early to say anything about durability, but it has 1 year warranty any way. Considering what it does, I am ready to spend 40-50 bucks in a year, if it breaks. It is worth of every penny.
44 comments| 179 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 11, 2012
So here's the deal. This is one of the lowest price points you can find for a steam mop. It's does the job and is easy to use. Easy to assemble, super light, the pads have a little lip so you can step on it to pull it off when mop is hot.

....however it's kinda chintzy.

. Cord doesn't have a clip so when you try to put it away it just falls back off and all over the place (I could use a rubber band or something)

. Doesn't hold much water so you do have to refill every room you do.

. Doesn't stand up on its own so you have to prop it against the wall

. Cord is short (yes I could add an extension)

. Comes with 2 pads but that never seems to be enough to do my house (but my entire house is tile)

If I knew what I know now would I buy again? Maybe not I think I'd spent 30 or 40 more and get a better one. But it does work and for a smaller home this might be the ticket.
22 comments| 61 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
I wanted something chemical-free since I have 3 cats and I don't want them walking across chemicals, grooming themselves, and ingesting who knows what. This is easy to assemble; however, I recommend watching SteamFast's YouTube videos so you can see how slow you are supposed to move this back & forth. It's very lightweight and easy to push. A 10 ounce fill lasts about 15 minutes before you need to refill the boiler and heats up where you have enough steam at 3 minutes after turning it on. I like the "always on" feature with no trigger to pull. The red light is on as long as the unit is powered up. When the green light goes off, that means you are out of water. The carpet attachment is nice for fluffing up your carpet and rugs, but it won't take the place of a carpet cleaner like a Bissell.

What I don't like: This will not fit underneath the overhang of your kitchen cabinets.

As a side note: I also used this along with a Paper Tiger Zinsser 2966 PaperTiger Scoring Tool for Wallpaper Removal Single Head to remove quite a bit of wallpaper effortlessly.
on November 2, 2011
I've used several steamers; this one is the best I've ever used. Very little installation, easy to use, and it cleans GREAT. Very, very happy with this steamer.
on March 7, 2015
I purchased this steam mop July 29, 2014. I used it 3-4 times a month, and loved it! It cleaned up muddy dog prints from tile, linoleum, and hard wood like a champ, refreshed carpets wonderfully, and released dog odors from the furniture. The pads cleaned up thoroughly and easily in the washing machine. Today, Iowa is finally defrosting, and with that comes more muddy dog prints. No big deal, I'll just get out the stream mop! Nope! It will no longer heat the water. So now, after seven months of moderate use, I sit here writing this review with muddy floors. I guess I'll get out the Swiffer out to get the worst of it, then I'll be on my hands and knees. I'm not a very happy camper. I'm hoping Steamfast customer service will do something to make this right, but I'm not holding my breath.
on August 9, 2015
I've owned more steam mops than I care to admit. This one is a bit bottom heavy and awkward to push. It does get the floors quite clean, but will give you a workout to do it.

The handle isn't quite sturdy enough for how heavy the bottom portion is.

I like that it gets hot enough to be sure you are actually cleaning unlike some other brands.

If you have hard water as we do, I highly suggest using filtered or distilled water every time to prolong the life.
on January 30, 2015
First time use. Not what I was expecting
-it drags across the floor, emphasis on drag.
-heats in 3 minutes.
-takes longer to clean up spots on floor than expected
-does not get under the cabinet
-one fill cleaned approximately 45 sq.ft. (10 oz. of water)
-no controls to adjust anything, with the exception of the handle height
Good chance of a return.
on February 28, 2015
Great for the price. I'm so happy. I could never have shelled out $200 for a similar product to clean my two area rugs. I was expecting a "you get what you pay for" product, so I was very skeptical for its first few uses, judging whether it was worth nothing and had to go back to the store, or whether it was worth keeping. IT'S WORTH KEEPING.

My 13 year old Labrador had several wet, brown accidents on my brand new, ivory berber + low-pile area rug. I scrubbed on my hands and knees with soap and water, I let special pet-stain carpet cleaners soak in and then scrubbed them--but the faded spots were still there (which means so was the feces). It was an expensive rug even at 1/2 off, and I didn't want to throw it away. This mop heated up and was ready to go in 3 minutes. I mopped the rug--and lo and behold when I got to the spots, the steam produced a corresponding odor--pet pee or feces, meaning the steam was doing its job and lifting up the set in stains. (Recommended: have an air purifier on if you can. I did this the second time I mopped and it did the trick). Following the mop I ran a vacuum over the spots to suck up any steam-loosened particles. When I was finished I saw no difference. When I saw the rug the next day I was excited--the worst stain was visibly lighter. I repeated this process and the rug continued to improve in cleanliness.

So tried and true, this baby works! If it works so well on set-in pet stains, it must be amazing for general upkeep of unstained carpeting. I wish I had it from the beginning!
on December 9, 2012
This is my first steam mop. I have a lot of wood floors in my home and using a standard mop with cleaner was very labor intensive. I thought I would give the steam mop a try since it would eliminate the need for floor cleaner. Not only has it done that, but it's SO much easier to push around and much quicker to wash my floors. Sometimes the most simple of machines are the best. You plug it in, step on the lever and wait for it to heat up, you can see the steam come out when it's ready. There's no button to release steam, you just push and go. It leaves my floors wet but it dries within a few minutes. I have a puppy and two kids and it works great for us. I like the idea of the carpet refresher, I haven't used that feature yet, but I do have lots of area rugs I'd like to try this on. Overall a good buy for the quality and price. I do wish the ergonomics of the handle were a little better. I'm 5'4" and another six inches added to the length would have been a bit better, hence the four stars.

Six months later and both my sister and my grandmother have bought this machine! I've run into a bit of a problem with the steam cap breaking off, but I called customer service and they're sending me a new cap. The cap actually broke off in the machine so I'll have to see if I can remove that, if not, customer service did say the machine has a one year warranty and to call back if there's any more issues. Overall, with the one problem I've run into, I still love this machine. I've also used the carpet feature and it's fabulous! I've actually let it sit steaming on a particularly soiled area on my carpet (thanks to my puppy) and the carpet was so steaming hot when I removed the machine I really felt like it was well sanitized. One note, get an extension cord and just keep it attached to the machine and you won't feel like you're plugging and unplugging the machine every time you move to a new room. Also, I just refill the machine directly from my jug of distilled water, I don't even bother with the funnel. I've also been adding a few lavender essential oil drops to the reservoir and the minute it steams the aroma of lavender fills my house and adds an extra sanitizing element to the process.
on August 5, 2015
I just recieved my steam mop today and used it throughout my apartment and I'm very happy! I'm throwing out my old sponge mop immediately. The steam mop is lightweight, got very hot, released continuous steam and got my floors perfectly clean. I even used wet paper towels on the floor afterward to test to see if any dirt was left behind and the paper towels were totally white. (Kitchen/bathroom tiles, hardwood elsewhere)
I recommend using the mop slowly. I chose to start with it a few of feet in front of me, then very slowly drag the mop back towards me. Very easy. The handle can be adjusted for any person's height so I plan on letting my 8-year-old daughter use it from time to time to help out. I ordered extra mop pads too. (It comes with two) Changing to a fresh pad during the process was very easy! I did stop a couple of times to add some more water to the machine but this was very quick and easy.
I haven't tried the rug feature yet. Looking forward to it.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.