Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Steamfast SF-407 Fabric Steamer" and save 57% off the $89.99 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
3 Year Housewares Extended Protection Planfrom Asurion, LLC
- Covers mechanical and electrical breakdowns.
- No deductibles or hidden fees. Shipping included on all repairs. Fully transferable.
- Easy claims process online 24/7. If we can't fix it, we will send you an Amazon e-Card reimbursement for your product purchase price.
- Plan term and coverage begins at the end of the manufacturer's labor warranty. Plan is fully refunded if canceled within 30 days.
- Plan contract will be emailed from Asurion within 24 hours of purchase. This will not ship with your product.
Steamfast SF-407 Fabric Steamer
|You Save:||$5.00 (10%)|
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- 1500-watt fabric steamer with 40-ounce capacity removable water tank
- Heats up in 45 seconds and provides up to 45 minutes of continuous steam
- Water fill method- removable water reservoir, water capacity 40 ounces / 1180 ml (1380 ml full)
- More effective and gentler on fabrics than ironing for all-natural garment care, removes wrinkles and odors from clothes, linens, curtains, upholstery and more
- Includes telescopic pole, attachable fabric brush and clothes hook
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers also shopped for
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
From the manufacturer
SF-407 Fabric Steamer
The Steamfast SF-407 Fabric Steamer is the effective, reliable steamer that belongs in every laundry room. Hot steam penetrates deep into fabrics and relaxes fibers, releasing wrinkles faster than ironing and freshening clothes in seconds. The Fabric Steamer is gentle on your most delicate fabrics, yet works equally well on drapes, upholstery and other heavier materials.
Detachable and adjustable to a variety of heights for optimal user comfort and convenient storage.
Attachable fabric brush
Brush away particles such as lint, hairs and loose threads.
Clothes hanger hook
Support garments hung from a clean, rust-free hanger for easy, accessible steaming.
Removable water tank
40-ounce capacity removable water tank allows for easy refilling.
Steam For Every Fabric - Every Day
Caring for your garments should be simple and hassle-free. Our all-natural steam care solutions are a 100% chemical-free way to freshen and steam wrinkles from your fabrics - easy to handle, easy to use.
Perfectly Smooth Fabric
You want things to look tidy, but washing wastes water and wears your fabrics out. Steamfast is the chemical-free, water conserving, low wear-and-tear way to keep things looking their best.
- Shirts & Blouses
- Pants & Skirts
- Curtains & Drapes
- Fabric Furniture
- Table Linens
|Water Capacity||40 oz.||70 oz.||68.5 oz.||106 oz.||38.8 oz.|
|Heating Time||45 sec.||45 sec.||35 sec.||45 sec.||9 min.|
|Max Steam Time||45 min.||63 min.||70 min.||95 min.||30 min.|
|Max Pole Length||51.2 in.||51 in.||54.5 in.||63 in.||51 in.|
|Hose Length||4.3 ft.||5 ft.||5 ft.||5 ft.||4.5 ft.|
|Multiple Settings||No||No||Yes, 4 Steam Levels||Yes, 4 Steam Level||Yes, 5 Iron Temp Settings|
|Accessories||Fabric Brush||Fabric Brush, Garment Hanger||Fabric Brush, Garment Hanger, Garment Clip, Crease Tool||Fabric Brush, Garment Hanger||Ironing Board, Ironing Board Cover, Hanger, Funnel, Measuring Cup|
|Item Weight||8.2 lbs.||10.1 lbs.||10.5 lbs.||14.2 lbs.||17 lbs.|
|Item Dimensions||64.8"H x 8.1"W x 11.8"D||65.4"H x 10.1"W x 12.1"D||62.5"H x 9.8"W x 16.9"D||63.4"H x 11.8"W x 15.8"D||64.8"H x 14.3"W x 10.4"D|
|Watts / Volts||1500 / 120V||1500 / 120V||1500 / 120V||1500 / 120V||1600 / 120V|
The Steamfast SF-407 Fabric Steamer is the effective, reliable steamer that belongs in every laundry room. Its 40-ounce removable water tank provides up to 45 minutes of steam time and is ready to use in 45 seconds for quick touch-ups. Hot steam penetrates deep into fabrics and relaxes fibers, releasing wrinkles faster than ironing and freshening clothes in seconds.
The SF-407 is gentle on your most delicate fabrics, yet works equally well on drapes, upholstery and other heavier materials. Strong steam not only freshens fabrics and releases wrinkles, but reduces dust mite allergens, kills germs and bed bugs as well. Less expensive and much safer than dry cleaning, the SF-407 requires no chemicals, making it safe for use around your family and pets. Backed by a 1-year warranty.
From the Manufacturer
IMPORTANT INTERNATIONAL DISCLAIMER: This item is built to meet U.S. voltage requirements and may not function properly when used in conjunction with external devices that alter or convert voltage or frequency of electricity. Improper use or shipping the product outside the U.S. will void all warranties.
Compare with similar items
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The heat up is fast, faster than my Jiffy J-2000, which is a much more expensive steamer. The unit, for the price, is built fine. The telescopic pole is a little flimsy and a little too short in my opinion, but the hook provided to hang your garment on is easy to use. I also like the hook to hang the hose on when not in use. I prefer these hooks over my Jiffy J-2000. The included attachments make steaming easier provided you're using them for their intended purpose. Most modern steamers include castors which is a convenient. This unit should include some locking castors for use on hard smooth flooring.
Onto maintenance issues...this unit WILL clog eventually if you use tap water. Do not use tap water, use de-mineralized water with any steamer. It is a pain to have to clean out a steamer when it could have been prevented. I did not listen to this advice in any manual I have read about steamers and today I cleaned out 3 years of mineral build up from my Steamfast. I will also be cleaning out my Jiffy J-2000. The Steamfast would produce steam steadily and then about 60 seconds in it would taper off to nothing. Figuring it was clogged I eventually just decided to take it apart today and see if I could clean it myself. No amount of vinegar steaming through this unit would do anything - HOURS of steaming with vinegar. From disassembly to cleaning to reassembly it took about 20 minutes. Easy peasy anyone can do it. Many pipe cleaners later it's working perfectly again. I included pictures of the before and after. It was disgusting. If you decide to take this unit apart yourself, be careful with the hose it, it could crack and they do not sell this part, they just want to sell you another unit!
For the price this unit is absolutely worth it if you intend to take care of it. Steaming is easier, safer, and more efficient than ironing.
Unfortunately, this SF-407 is worse than the SF-510 in practically every way. Specifically:
- The steam tube on the SF-510 is insulated, but this SF-407 is not. It gets incredibly hot and will burn your arms!
- Because the SF-510 steam tube is insulated (and therefore thicker) it never kinks up, the steam always flows. This one is thinner and easily kinks up all the time, stopping all steam.
- The SF-510 has two wheels which don't swivel, so it stays in place while you steam. The SF-407 has four wheels which swivel in all directions, without any kind of lock, so the thing rotates/slides all over the place while you try to steam.
- The SF-510 comes with a fixed hanger, which is great. The SF-407 just has a hook for a hanger -- but when you use your own hanger, that will *also* swivel around which makes it much harder to use.
So if you're reading this, buy the SF-510 instead! It's exactly the same price, but works perfectly in every way.
(I use the steamer for my men's dress shirts exclusively, steaming them from the inside out. That means getting the steaming head inside the shirt, shoving it down the sleeves, etc. -- so this is why the swiveling is such a problem, and why the dangerously hot tube will make contact with your arm. If you're just steaming small delicate items from the outside, this steamer might work better for you than it does for me -- but the SF-510 is still the same price.)
Most recent customer reviews
But it give out strong steam