+Steel Cast Iron Pre Seasoned Skillet 12 inch
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- HEAT RETENTION ? Cast Iron conducts and retains heat better than most other types of cookware.
- STOVE TO OVEN ? With high heat tolerances you can start with pan searing and then transition to the oven for a quick broil.
- FORTIFY WITH IRON - When using cast iron cookware iron will naturally fortify your foods with iron. In the U.S. Around 10% of women and 9% of individuals over 65 experience a lack of iron in their diets.
- LESS OIL ? A well seasoned cast iron skillet will need less oil to brown crispy potatoes or sear your favorite steak.
- USE & CARE ? Before first use the skillet should be washed with a mild soap and then dried completely. Its also encouraged to season your pan as well but it is not completely necessary since the skillet comes pre-seasoned. For Seasoning instructions please see the description.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Compare to similar items
This item +Steel Cast Iron Pre Seasoned Skillet 12 inch
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||The Plus Brand||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Fresh Australian Kitchen||The Houseware Shoppe||Utopia Deals|
|Color||—||Black||Red Silicone||Black Cast Iron||Black||Black|
|Item Dimensions||—||10.69 x 16.12 x 2 in||13 x 19 x 6 in||12.48 x 16.54 x 2.68 in||—||—|
|Material Type||—||cast-iron||Cast Iron||Cast Iron||Cast Iron||Cast Iron|
|Size||—||10.25"||12"||12.5 Inch Cast iron Skillet||10-Inch||10.25 Inch Skillet|
Seasoning Your Cast Iron Skillet
To season your cast iron skillet, pre-heat the oven to 300 degrees. Place the skillet in the oven for 10 minutes and then remove. Then with a towel or cloth
coat the skillet with oil, you can use many different types depending on your personal preference. Place skillet back into the oven for another 10 minutes
and then remove and pour out any excess oil before placing the skillet back in the oven upside down for another 30 minutes. (Recommended to place tin foil
under the skillet to catch any drips of oil). After that let the skillet cool and wipe any excess oil from the skillet. Repeat the process from time
to time to maintain a strong non-stick seasoning.
Health Benefits of Cast Iron Cookware
To clean your cast iron skillet it is recommended not to use soap after the initial wash since it can remove the seasoning of your skillet. Its recommended
to use hot water and a sponge or stiff brush and always dry after cleaning. For stuck on food scrub with coarse kosher salt and water and then dry after.
Never place your skillet in the dishwasher.
Cooking Tips for Cast Iron
There are many benefits of cooking with cast iron cookware. One of the main benefits being cooking with less oil once you achieve a good seasoning
on your skillet. This allows for less greasy foods and less oil to achieve a crispy brown outer crust. Another benefit is that when using cast iron cookware
iron will naturally fortify your foods with iron. Additionally this is a chemical free alternative to more recent non-stick pans such as Teflon or Ceramic.
When cooking with cast iron it is recommended to pre-heat your pan on the stove and then add oil. Allow the oil to seep into the skillet and then you
can start cooking, rushing this process can sometimes lead to your food sticking to the pan.
Top customer reviews
Surface of the pan is slightly pitted, II am not suggesting a pitted surface is a defect but rather just how these cast iron pans are manufactured). I have pans from other manufacturers that are smooth.
All in all, a decent pan and does what I need it to do.