Cold Steel Recon 1 Series Tactical Folding Knife with Tri-Ad Lock and Pocket Clip - Made with Premium CPM-S35VN Steel
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- GREAT FOR THE TOUGHEST JOBS: The Recon 1 is a popular knife with Military and Law Enforcement Personnel, Fire and Rescue crews and civilians and is trusted to perform in even the toughest jobs and the most taxing conditions
- PREMIUM STEEL: Features exceptional CPM-S35VN steel, which is very tough and durable, highly corrosion resistant, and able to take and hold a fine razor sharp edge; Commonly used steel in high-end, superior quality custom knives
- COMFORTABLE, SECURE GRIP: Tough and durable G-10 handle material provides a secure and comfortable grip in all conditions
- ULTRA-RELIABLE LOCKING MECHANISM: Features custom knife-maker Andrew Demko's famous TriAd lock that has been proven over time to be unsurpassed in strength, shock resistance and durability and gives unrivaled protection for your irreplaceable fingers
- SPECIFICATIONS: Weight - 5.3 ounces; Blade Length - 4 inches; Handle Length - 5 3/8 inches; Overall Length - 9 3/8 inches
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
More items to explore
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
Compare with similar items
Cold Steel Micro Recon 1 Tanto Point
Cold Steel Code 4 Folding Knife, 3 1/2" Satin Plain Blade, Clip Point, Aluminum Handle
Cold Steel AD-10 and AD-15 Tactical Folding Knife with Lock and Pocket Clip - Premium S35VN Steel Blade
Cold Steel 27TDS Micro Recon 1 Spear Point, Black
|Shipping||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping on your first order. Details||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping on your first order. Details|
Color: Clip Point
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Handle: is abrasive and raspy. Not a quick in, quick out of the pocket handle. Then again, you won't lose your grip.
Blade Action: no wiggle when it's locked in place. Feels nice and solid.
Blade Sharpness: very sharp out of the box, but I still stropped it to get that shaving-sharp effect. Most people will be fine without stropping.
Weight: very comfortable. I hardly know its there
Blade Tip: Sharp enough to stick in my bare foot the other day when I dropped it from about 3 feet up. Very effective! (I'm fine)
According to expert steel sites on the internet:
Corrosion Resistance - S35VN slightly better
Toughness - S35VN slightly better
Edge Retention - CTS-XHP slightly better
I personally own both super steels and both are hard to compare on a daily basis. As far as the Cold Steel Recon 1 knife goes, It's the best type of knife I've bought hands down. The G-10 handle material is incredible. Buy one now! You won't be disappointed.
Update April 12, 2019. I changed from 3 stars to 5. I used this knife on several occasions and it is super strong. It’s lock up is solid even after abuse of splitting and cutting wood for the fire place. The wood was dry and probably 1-3 in diameter. The knife has been in water and some snow. I felt at first due to no liners it would t be so strong. I was wrong it’s an excellent knife well worth the money
Not sure what the problem is but this knife, even for the money, is not a good purchase. It's useless in combat because it cannot be quickly deployed, it's extremely unbalanced and cannot be thrown, tanto form factor makes it useless as a utility knife, in other words, the only way it can be used is a showpiece but it's extremely unoriginal and does not look appealing when put on display, unlike its much bigger cousin, the warcraft tanto made out of 3V. Furthermore, its handles are way too long, the locking mechanism is way too hard and difficult to operate with one hand, it also buckles and closes under heavy pressure, thus putting your fingers in danger. The blade was very dull out of the box, basically, I am a fan of Cold Steel and own quite a few of their other products but this one is a bitter disappointment, especially comparing to the rest of the excellent Warcraft and Recon tanto knives they make.
Top international reviews
A voir dans la durée, mais satisfait de cet achat.