|Item model number||61503|
|Hardware Platform||Gaming Console, PC, Xbox one|
|Item Weight||10.4 ounces|
|Product Dimensions||7.93 x 7.08 x 3.58 inches|
|Item Dimensions LxWxH||7.93 x 7.08 x 3.58 inches|
|Batteries||1 Lithium Polymer batteries required.|
|Country of Origin||China|
|Is Discontinued By Manufacturer||No|
|Date First Available||August 28, 2018|
Add to your order
from Asurion, LLC $7.99
- NO ADDITIONAL COST: You pay $0 for repairs – parts, labor and shipping included.
- COVERAGE: Plan starts on the date of purchase. Drops, spills and cracked screens due to normal use covered from day one. Malfunctions covered after the manufacturer's warranty.
- EXPERT TECH HELP: Real experts available 24/7 to help with set-up, connectivity issues, troubleshooting and much more.
- PRODUCT ELIGIBILITY: Plans cover products purchased in the last 30 days.
- EASY CLAIMS PROCESS: File a claim anytime online or by phone. Most claims approved within minutes. We will send you an Amazon e-gift card for the purchase price of your covered product. In some cases, we will replace or repair it.
Other Sellers on Amazon
SteelSeries Arctis 3 - All-Platform Gaming Headset - for PC, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, VR, Android, and iOS - Black
|List Price:||$69.99 Details|
|Price:||& FREE Returns|
|You Save:||$13.99 (20%)|
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Optimal PS5 compatibility requires user to change settings on Sony PS5 – disable Sony 3D Audio and then increase default volume to 100%
- Designed for everywhere you game, with superior sound, comfort and style on all gaming platforms, including pc, PlayStation, Xbox one, Nintendo switch, VR and mobile via detachable 3.5 millimeter cables
- Widely recognized as the best mic in gaming, the discord certified clear cast microphone delivers studio quality voice clarity and background noise cancellation
- Sound is your competitive advantage with the s1 speaker drivers, engineered to produce ultra-low distortion audio so you hear every detail
- Play all day with athletics inspired performance fabric air weave ear cushions that keep your ears cool and dry
- Windows sonic spatial audio fully compatible with native surround sound built into windows 10 pcs and Xbox one consoles; Headphone sensitivity: 98 dB
Buy this product as Renewed and save $3.57 off the current New price.
Works and looks like new and backed by the Amazon Renewed Guarantee
Buy it with
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
Crystal Clear Audio
Designed for everywhere you game, including PC, PlayStation, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, VR, and mobile.
Widely recognized as the best mic in gaming, the Discord-certified ClearCast microphone delivers studio-quality voice clarity and background noise cancellation.
Premium Audio Drivers
The S1 speaker drivers give you the competitive advantage of incredible sound clarity. Engineered to produce ultra-low distortion audio, you’ll hear every detail.
Athletic Inspired Performance
Windows Sonic Spatial Sound
Arctis 3 is fully compatible with the native surround sound built into Windows 10 PCs and Xbox One consoles.
AirWeave Ear Cushions
Play all day with athletics-inspired performance fabric AirWeave ear cushions that keep your ears cool and dry.
Ski Goggle Suspension Band
The exclusive ski goggle suspension headband perfectly contours across your entire head, comfortably distributing the weight and eliminating pressure points.
Easy Controls and Sharing
On-Ear Audio Controls
Ergonomic on-ear controls give you easy access to volume and microphone mute. Game-time adjustments are as easy as tapping the ear cup.
Built-In Audio Sharing
Share your game audio with friends with the built-in share jack by simply plugging in any headset or earbuds into the Arctis 3.
Constructed with strong, ultra-lightweight materials for maximum comfort and durability.
Compare with similar items
Arctic challenges everything you know about gaming headsets with completely overhauled audio, a new mic design with unmatched clarity, and improved comfort with materials inspired by athletic clothing. Arctic 3 brings pure performance and style without compromise.
Reviews with images
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Well guess what? The sound is crap. Fresh out the box, I updated the Steelseries Engine 3 software and patched the headset, but the soundstage in my ears was skewed around 30 degrees to the left. That means that everything I hear in my ears seems to be coming from the left. Sometimes, there was nothing to the right. Whether I was listening to music or playing games, the sound was skewed to the left. I tried tweaking different settings in the Engine 3 but to no avail.
So I did what any logical person would do -- I contacted the Steelseris customer service on 30 September 2018. Every reply from them takes around 2 - 3 working days. Slow responses notwithstanding, the customer service representative did not seem to know why the issue was happening. He only suggested 2 options.
Firstly, he told me to reset the hardware via a magical button hidden in the left earcup. I had to peel off the cushioning, find one of those iPhone pins, and then hold the button for a certain amount of time, at which point the headset should reset. There is no indication anywhere so I had to just hope it worked. (It works when you realise you have to re-pair the headset to the USB receiver that came with it.) After re-pairing with the receiver, the issue was improved by maybe 5 degrees but the soundstage was still skewed to the left. The issue becomes more apparent at lower volumes.
The customer service rep's next solution was to go straight to the RMA process. After asking me to send in my receipt, they agreed to RMA the product conditionally if I send in evidence (screenshot) of the destroyed product - i.e. breaking off the left earcup and showing the serial number.
Which I did on 14 October.
It's 16 October and my reply from them was that my RMA is declined -- with NO EXPLANATION WHATSOEVER WHY.
So basically, let's recap -- Steelseries sold me a product that has some weird issue, took 2 weeks to correspond with me, agreed to RMA my purchase, and then after I had destroyed it, proceeded to screw me over and tell me the RMA is rejected.
Take this as a lesson learnt -- DO NOT BUY THEIR PRODUCTS. WONKY. FAULTY. PATHETIC CUSTOMER SERVICE. AND WILL ABSOLUTELY SCREW YOU OVER FOR NO REASON AT ALL.
First off, I wear headphones 12-18 hours a day, 7 days a week. For work, recreation, and to help me fall asleep. I know headphones, and have a decent collection of a dozen or so.
1) HOLY DISTORTION, BATMAN! Listening to music at volumes any of my other headphones can handle (including the cheap-o $30 bluetooth units), these units produce massive amounts of distortion. I cannot believe how bad these are at volumes over 50%! Give it one tonal range to cover, and it seems to do okay, but toss in two or three (like bass guitar and a high-hat at the same time.... or, ya know, almost all music) and suddenly you can't make out what you're listening to anymore.
2) The volume roller is EXTREMELY easy to accidentally adjust. I mean, unbelievably easy. I am CONSTANTLY messing with the volume when adjusting the headphones or mic, and since it's so loose it's almost impossible to dial in "just the right" volume. Very very annoying!
3) There's no media controls on these. Why? A push-button volume button combination would easily solve the "too easy to adjust" volume, and allow media controls through long presses.
4) The ear pieces are EXTREMELY hot. I wear headphones quite a bit, but these burn my ears up in a matter of minutes, which makes me adjust or remove them temporarily. This also reiterates point #2 in that the volume knob is ALWAYS being adjusted by accident.
5) These block absolutely no out-side sound, and people often can hear what I am listening to or playing. This doesn't make sense since the ear-pads don't seem to allow ANY airflow.
6) The mic disable button turns ON a light........ What? So when your mic is on, there's no light. When you mic is OFF, such as when listening to music, hanging out, whatever, there's BRIGHT RED LED on 100% of the time....... Huh???? How does this make sense?
7) the audio volume is easily 1/3 of every other headphone I own. I crank every setting up to 100% just to be equal to 30% on any other headset... Why?
8) mic is garbage!!!! I can't imagine anyone with any sense of intelligence thinking this mic is anything other than painfully sub par. Everything either sounds tinny, or incredibly digital (like using one of those $5 voice oscillators that make you sound like a robot.
9) while the ear pads do go around your ears, the speaker mesh is too shallow and will contact your ears. This makes it unbearable by itself, but combined with every other issue.....
10) FINALLY the surround sound effect is negligable. Playing the same surround sound tests, I cannot tell a difference between regular 2.0 phones and these. At all. There's also a VERY VERY VERY specific place you HAVE to position these, or you'll only hear about 70% of what it's putting out. Unfortunately the VERY SPECIFIC spot these must be placed is absolutely HORRIBLE. You must bend and fold your ears to position them even remotely correctly.
11) I know I said 10 was the final number, but it brings me to another point. These are so uncomfortable in almost every way. After a short session your jaw will hurt, as the bottoms press right into the hinge of your jaw, your ears will hurt and be sweaty from the complete lack of ventilation (it's like putting your ears in a wool coat in July in Florida -- a swamp!)
From a company that specializes in headphones, these are full of awfully poor design choices! One of the worst overall headsets I've ever owned.
Do not recommend to anyone for any purpose!
Top reviews from other countries
The quality of the wireless mic is as good as the best wired mics I've heard. Even in an environment dense with devices on 2.4GHz, I get great range.
The quality of the speakers is good, but with some tweaking with PEACE (equalizer) the speakers are EXCELLENT. Do a quick search for Arctis 7 eq curves.
Comfort-wise, the headset is very easy to wear for long periods. My ears get a little warm, but not sweaty.
Battery life is good. I charge it once a week.
Honestly.... there's nothing I can be critical of.
Does this headset deserve a 1 star: No. It's not that bad, but for the money and drawbacks, you can do a lot better; and so I find they are completely not worth your time and money. I hate it when people review a product and say that there is better out there, but then leave it to you to find said product, so I will also say, I bought Razer Naris instead. Wireless range isn't as good, but is very comfortable.
Comfort: I thought the "ski band" style would be super comfortable, not the case. It's decent, but slides off your head and really applies alot of the headset pressure to one small area. Even with the 2019 edition your ears will touch the inside of the headset..
Sound: worst part about them. Sounds suuuuper flat. I use hyper x clouds and i thought they sounded flat, but nothing compared to how flat these sound. Plus, max volume with these is not very loud.
Mic: no complaints, picks up a fair amount of background noise.
Wireless: works great. Wireless adapter seamlessly changes between outputs depending if the headset is on or off. My adapter had an issue and only played left audio.. which led to me returning them.