|Series||SteelSeries Apex 5 Hybrid Mechanical Gaming Keyboard – Per-Key RGB Illumina|
|Item model number||64539|
|Item Weight||3.08 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||5.51 x 17.52 x 1.59 inches|
|Item Dimensions L x W x H||5.51 x 17.52 x 1.59 inches|
|Color||Hybrid Blue – Tactile & Clicky|
|Date First Available||January 15, 2020|
4 Year Office Equipment Protection Planfrom Asurion, LLC
- No deductibles or added costs. Parts, labor and shipping included.
- Power surge covered from day one. Other breakdowns covered after the manufacturer's warranty expires.
- Includes 24/7 tech support - setup, connectivity issues, troubleshooting and much more.
- File a claim online or by phone 24/7. If we can't repair it, we'll replace it or reimburse the purchase price with an Amazon e-gift card.
- Plans are only valid for new or certified refurbished products purchased in the last 30 days with no pre-existing damage. Protection plan documents will be delivered via email within 24 hours of purchase.
SteelSeries Apex 5 Hybrid Mechanical Gaming Keyboard – Per-Key RGB Illumination – Aircraft Grade Aluminum Alloy Frame – OLED Smart Display (Hybrid Blue Switch)
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Hybrid mechanical gaming switches – the tactile click of a blue mechanical switch plus a smooth membrane
- OLED smart display – customize with gifs, game info, discord messages, and more.
- Aircraft-grade aluminum alloy frame – manufactured for unbreakable durability and sturdiness
- Dynamic per-key RGB illumination – gorgeous color schemes and reactive effects for every key
- Premium magnetic wrist rest – provides full palm support and comfort
- Premium magnetic wrist rest – provides full palm support and comfort
- SteelSeries cannot guarantee the quality or authenticity of products sold by non-authorized resellers on Amazon, and they are not eligible for warranty. Authorized retailers: Amazon.com, Adorama Inc, Encore Technology, Spacebound
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
Hybrid Mechanical Gaming Switches
The combined smoothness of a membrane switch and the added durability, performance, and satisfying tactile click of a blue mechanical switch, so you don’t have to choose one over the other.
OLED Smart Display
Customize the OLED screen with your favorite gifs, view on-the-fly game info, incoming Discord messages, settings, and more.
Five On-Board Profiles
Software-free customization for saving up to 5 unique profiles locally on the keyboard. Your settings are always perfectly adjusted, from gaming to memeing, and on-the-go.
Aircraft Grade Aluminum Alloy
The Series 5000 metal frame is manufactured for a lifetime of unbreakable durability and sturdiness, making it the perfect centerpiece of any high-end setup.
Dynamic Per-Key RGB Illumination
Millions of color options and reactive typing effects make you the designer of your ultimate setup that can sync with your other SteelSeries gear.
Premium Magnetic Wrist Rest
Easy and secure magnetic attachment with full palm support and durable soft touch finish for premium comfort.
Dedicated Multimedia Controls
A clickable metal roller and media keys allow you to adjust volume and settings on the fly, all at the touch of a button.
Three-Way Cable Routing
Built-in cable routing channels that allow you to choose from one of three possible places for your cable to exit, keeping your desk tidy.
Gaming Grade Anti-Ghosting
Never lose a keypress, even in the heat of battle. The keyboard won’t drop keypresses, even when multiple keys are pressed.
Compare with similar items
The apex 5 combines the high performance and click tactile feel of a mechanical keyboard with the extreme durability and convenience of ip32 water resistance. Built from the ground up for gaming, it also includes a premium magnetic wrist rest, OLED smart display, and per-key rgb. The apex 5 is the perfect hybrid between gaming and real life.
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I have no idea how this has such a high score.
The first one I got had trouble with the Question Mark key. It would constantly do a repeating backslack.
I returned and got a replacement, the second had a dead Nine key.
I have zero clue how it can be only me. I tried with different keyboards and no trouble. Tried the Apex 7 on different computer and same issue.
Granted that this is really comfortable and had a great wrist rest. But if a key doesn't work, no matter how comfy it is, it would be worthless.
Adjusting the actuation is great! I can feel the difference in games with their super fast actuation. Typing is just the reverse though, I have a lot of typos with the super fast actuation. Which isn't a problem at all, because you can switch profiles on the fly and have one of the best typing experiences imaginable with super deep 3.6 mm actuation point. It's like having multiple keyboards at once, and being able to change them effortlessly to suit the task at hand.
Some disadvantages I'd like to point out:
- Not waterproof. Be careful with it.
- Only the main block uses omnipoint switches. Not a big issue considering you don't really use the other keys, but that's a good reason to make a 60% or TKL Keyboard with only omnipoint switches, no? After using TKL keyboards I've really appreciate the extra space. I highly recommend the TKL version over the full one, once it actually releases.
- O-rings will prevent the 3.6mm actuation point from working properly, and I really didn't like how O-rings felt on this keyboard. Not really an issue considering that the keyboard is already quite silent even without any O-rings.
If it was cheaper, I'd recommend this keyboard to everyone, but, in terms of quality, my expectations and enjoyment from use, I'm still giving this a 5/5.
The OLED screen can be customized with any image you want (via it's dimensions),. You can switch to/use discord and custom discord colors without having to alt+tab.
Volume roller feels quality and has some friction instead of just being free-floating. On that note, the entire keyboard feels quality. Super solid. Wrist-rest is very comfortable and a nice soft-touch material. It is also magnetic so you don't have to worry about breaking tabs or having cheap creaking.
The USB pass-through is MASSIVELY useful. I use the slot to apply the USB wireless transmitter for the Steelseries 650 mouse.
What else is there to say? Just buy it.
Top international reviews
It's a keyboard. Information on good keyboards for gaming is ambiguous and prices are usually from 100-200 for mechanical keyboards. This one is definetly expensive.
Keyboards don't affect gaming that much. Monitors, mice and tower hardware do. Flat laptop keyboards are better in my opinion because of how easy it is to slide to another key once you get used to them.
That's why after switching to this keyboard I felt a little underwhelmed for its price. It's not a bad keyboard by any means. In fact, it's one of, if not the best, mechanical keyboards on the market. I just don't think the price tag justifies itself. Unless it lasts me ~10 years.
In conclusion, I'l recommend it if you want to spend for the long term benefit. I'l keep it at 4* unless it breaks. If that is the case I'l update the review for you curious people.
Lo compre con switch cafe para supuestamente tener retroalimentacion tactil y los switches dejan mucho que desear, no hay consistencia al rededor del teclado, algunas teclas son mas tactiles que otras y la mayoria parecen switch rojo.
El reposa muñecas es de plastico duro y delgado, solo para la foto, para que se vea bonito pero no cumple con su cometido, termine usando otro que tengo que si es comodo.
La iluminacion de los leds es menos brillosa que los modelos Apex M750 y en mi opinion no vale la pena hacer el upgrade desde un m750 a este. Sino tienes teclado y estas buscando uno, yo buscaria otras marcas con mayores prestaciones, si de plano quieres este por la marca o porque esta bonito, es buena compra, solo que puede que despues de un rato empieces a notar los detalles o falta de calidad en algunos aspectos.
For the price, I would recommend anything else, this is so expensive for nothing crazy.
Il est d'un format légèrement plus compact que des claviers standards, donc ça prend légèrement moins d'espace sur un bureau ou sur un tapis de souris XL.
Il n'y a pas de touche clavier extra pour programmer des macros et c'est parfait de même. Cependant, il est possible de reprogrammer n'importe quelle touche du clavier à vos besoins.
Le repose poignet est magnétique donc très facile de manipulation et s'accroche solidement au clavier. Le matériel du repose poignet est doux et facile à nettoyer.
Les couleurs RGB du clavier sont magnifiques, les choix des effets lumières et de couleurs sont infinis lorsque utilisé conjointement avec le logiciel de Steelseries.
Les touches "Red Switch - Linear and Quiet" sont exactement ce que je rechechais pour gamer et pour un usage autre aussi. Lorsqu'on pèse sur une touche, nous sentons bien l'effet linéaire sans aucun accrochage, tout ce fait en douceur. Il n'est pas complètement silencieux, mais c'est parfait comme ça, car je ressens l'effet mécanique rechercher d'un clavier de ce type.
Je vous le conseil totalement si vous avez un bon budget pour un bon clavier.
Some of the keys don't feel the greatest, for example, backspace and caps lock. The OLED is nice but it seems to only be functional, useful and better with games that are tailored to the app. So basically the games that are located in the "apps" section, work the best. The sad part about this is that the apps in the software are bare. The OLED can't display basic media controls, unless you're using TIDAL. So using Soundcloud, Windows Media Player, or Spotify renders this OLED useless. The OLED is suppose to play gifs during certain events but I had the hardest time trying to trigger a BOOM HEAD SHOT gif during a head shot event. Is this because it's glitched? Or am I suppose to fork out another 100$ for the overpriced Apex Pro? The photos are slightly misleading in the description (the volume one). Game sense is a nice touch but being able to enable or disable game sense for individual products would be nice. Maybe I don't want my mouse linked with game sense but I want my keyboard and headset? Why must all 3 be turned on at once? Game sense needs to expand it's current supported list for this keyboard to really shine. If the software and company decided to expand on their list of games that support game sense or if the OLED worked for basic media players or almost all games, then maybe I could give this a better rating. Their idea is neat but I don't think they're fully there yet. Given all these negative aspects, I have to give this an average rating at best.
1) Floating keycaps
2) Dedicated media keys
3) Blue switches
The software is decent and I love that I can program (most) things right on the keyboard itself. I don't find the OLED to be of much use except to program things, since none of the games I play have apps. I type a lot in addition to playing game more casually (MMOs where I stick mostly to PvE), so I can't say much for how it handles during more intense matches, but it's been very responsive and types nicely so far. It's not cherry switches, but I can't tell much of a difference between my Cherry board and this one.
The keycaps are solidly 'meh', but I love that I can swap them out (including bottom row!) for other caps. I currently have the HyperX pudding caps on and they look great. The build quality is pretty great, and I especially love the aluminum board (it's matte so it doesn't attract fingerprints). The wrist rest is also a solid 'meh', since although they have a great matte rubber surface that doesn't show marks, they're not soft and they also aren't high enough to actually do anything. The magnet is a good strength, holds securely when I move the kb. The cable isn't removable (boo) but there's 3 points of exit so you can customize it a little.
I took a star off for two things:
1) If you don't have the feet down in the back, the wrist rest doesn't lie completely flat on your desk at the front. Every time I put down my hands, it thuds a bit, especially on the right side. If you have an extended mouse mat or some other more cushioned surface you won't have this issue.
2) This is a more minor quibble, but one of the cable holders on the back had a corner that cracked. I think the cable was forced in too hard and broke it? It's not a big deal since it's on the back of the board and that particular holder still works fine, but for this price, having something that's broken right out of the box is pretty crappy.
Overall, if you like what it offers, this is a great keyboard with great build quality and smooth typing.