SteelSeries Arctis Pro High Fidelity Gaming Headset - Hi-Res Speaker Drivers - DTS Headphone: X v2.0 Surround for PC, Black
|Model Name||Arctis Pro|
|Form Factor||Over Ear|
About this item
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Premium Hi-Res capable speakers with high density neodymium magnets reproduce a full, expansive frequency range from 10 to 40,000 hertz with stunning realism and clarity
- Luxurious polished steel and aluminum alloy construction offers maximum durability and a consistent fit
- Next generation DTS headphone: X v2.0 surround sound provides optimal spatial imaging for complete 360 degree immersion
- USB chat mix dial lets you balance and adjust the volume between your game and chat, audio; Headphone sensitivity: 102 dB SPL
- The arctic clear cast microphone delivers studio quality voice clarity and background noise cancellation. Microphone frequency response - 100–10,000 kHz. Microphone sensitivity - (-38) DBV/pa
- Revolutionary silicone side grips for increased grip and durability
Consider this Amazon's Choice product that delivers quickly
Buy this product as Renewed and save $55.04 off the current New price.
Works and looks like new and backed by the Amazon Renewed Guarantee
Frequently bought together
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
Hi-Res Capable Speaker Drivers
Premium speaker drivers with high-density neodymium magnets reproduce Hi-Res audio to 40,000 Hz, nearly double most headsets (22,000 Hz) and twice what the human ear can hear.
Luxurious Materials Throughout
From the gunmetal finish on the lightweight steel headband and aluminum alloy hangers, to the soft touch coating on the removable speaker plates, every surface is a sophisticated tactile experience.
DTS Headphone:X v2.0
Next generation Headphone:X v2.0 immerses you in the action by delivering incredibly accurate positional cues. Lose yourself in the game as the audio comes to life all around you.
ClearCast Bidirectional Microphone
Widely recognized as the best mic in gaming, the retractable Arctis ClearCast microphone delivers studio-quality voice clarity and exceptional background noise cancellation.
USB ChatMix Dial
Dial in your perfect mix of game and chat audio on the fly with no Alt-Tabbing, and connect digitally to your game with the ergonomic USB ChatMix dial.
The self-adjusting ski goggle headband perfectly contours to your head while the athletics-inspired AirWeave ear cushions wrap your ears in cool, soft fabric, for hours of comfortable gaming.
Prism RGB Illumination
Choose from the full spectrum of 16.8 million colors. Plus, reactive illumination and custom lighting effects make your Arctis Pro a true reflection of your mood.
Personalize to Perfection
SteelSeries Engine software allows you to customize the audio and performance of your Arctis Pro, from EQ and mic side tone, to RGB lighting to surround sound settings and more.
Built for Professionals
Arctis Pro was built from the ground up to deliver the best audio ever found in gaming. Esports athletes demand the highest quality sound, comfort and materials and Arctis Pro delivers.
|Arctis 3||Arctis Bluetooth||Arctis 5||Arctis 7||Arctis Pro|
|Ski-Goggle Suspension Band||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|ClearCast Bidirectional Microphone||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|7.1 Surround Sound||SteelSeries 7.1 Surround (Windows 7+ Only)||SteelSeries 7.1 Surround (Windows 7+ Only)||DTS Headphone:X 7.1 Surround (Windows 7+ Only)||DTS Headphone:X 7.1 Surround (Windows 7+ Only)||DTS Headphone:X v2.0 7.1 Surround (Windows 7+ Only)|
|Exclusive Airweave Earpads||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|On-Ear Audio Controls||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Prism RGB Illumination||PC, Mac & PS4||PC, Mac & PS4|
|Build Material||Durable Plastic||Durable Plastic||Durable Plastic||Lightweight Steel Alloy||Lightweight Aluminum Alloy and Steel|
|Wireless Audio||PC, Mac, VR, Mobile||PC, Mac, VR, Mobile|
|Wired Audio||PC, PS4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, Mac, VR, Mobile||PC, PS4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, Mac, VR, Mobile||PC, PS4, Xbox One, Mac, VR, Mobile||Xbox One, Mobile||PC, PS4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, Mac, VR, Mobile|
|Game/Chat Balance||PC & Mac||PC & Mac||PC & Mac|
Compare with similar items
Arctic pro combines premium high fidelity audio with luxurious polished steel and aluminum alloy construction, delivering up to 40,000 kHz audio with stunning realism and premium style. Engineered with new DTS headphone: X v2.0 and designed with the exclusive arctic ski goggle headband and air weave performance fabric ear cushions, the headset sounds as amazing as it feels. The arctic pro headset features a studio-quality clear cast microphone for unparalleled voice clarity and background noise cancellation. Headphone impedance- 32 ohm.
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Well guess what? The sound is crap. Fresh out the box, I updated the Steelseries Engine 3 software and patched the headset, but the soundstage in my ears was skewed around 30 degrees to the left. That means that everything I hear in my ears seems to be coming from the left. Sometimes, there was nothing to the right. Whether I was listening to music or playing games, the sound was skewed to the left. I tried tweaking different settings in the Engine 3 but to no avail.
So I did what any logical person would do -- I contacted the Steelseris customer service on 30 September 2018. Every reply from them takes around 2 - 3 working days. Slow responses notwithstanding, the customer service representative did not seem to know why the issue was happening. He only suggested 2 options.
Firstly, he told me to reset the hardware via a magical button hidden in the left earcup. I had to peel off the cushioning, find one of those iPhone pins, and then hold the button for a certain amount of time, at which point the headset should reset. There is no indication anywhere so I had to just hope it worked. (It works when you realise you have to re-pair the headset to the USB receiver that came with it.) After re-pairing with the receiver, the issue was improved by maybe 5 degrees but the soundstage was still skewed to the left. The issue becomes more apparent at lower volumes.
The customer service rep's next solution was to go straight to the RMA process. After asking me to send in my receipt, they agreed to RMA the product conditionally if I send in evidence (screenshot) of the destroyed product - i.e. breaking off the left earcup and showing the serial number.
Which I did on 14 October.
It's 16 October and my reply from them was that my RMA is declined -- with NO EXPLANATION WHATSOEVER WHY.
So basically, let's recap -- Steelseries sold me a product that has some weird issue, took 2 weeks to correspond with me, agreed to RMA my purchase, and then after I had destroyed it, proceeded to screw me over and tell me the RMA is rejected.
Take this as a lesson learnt -- DO NOT BUY THEIR PRODUCTS. WONKY. FAULTY. PATHETIC CUSTOMER SERVICE. AND WILL ABSOLUTELY SCREW YOU OVER FOR NO REASON AT ALL.
First off, I wear headphones 12-18 hours a day, 7 days a week. For work, recreation, and to help me fall asleep. I know headphones, and have a decent collection of a dozen or so.
1) HOLY DISTORTION, BATMAN! Listening to music at volumes any of my other headphones can handle (including the cheap-o $30 bluetooth units), these units produce massive amounts of distortion. I cannot believe how bad these are at volumes over 50%! Give it one tonal range to cover, and it seems to do okay, but toss in two or three (like bass guitar and a high-hat at the same time.... or, ya know, almost all music) and suddenly you can't make out what you're listening to anymore.
2) The volume roller is EXTREMELY easy to accidentally adjust. I mean, unbelievably easy. I am CONSTANTLY messing with the volume when adjusting the headphones or mic, and since it's so loose it's almost impossible to dial in "just the right" volume. Very very annoying!
3) There's no media controls on these. Why? A push-button volume button combination would easily solve the "too easy to adjust" volume, and allow media controls through long presses.
4) The ear pieces are EXTREMELY hot. I wear headphones quite a bit, but these burn my ears up in a matter of minutes, which makes me adjust or remove them temporarily. This also reiterates point #2 in that the volume knob is ALWAYS being adjusted by accident.
5) These block absolutely no out-side sound, and people often can hear what I am listening to or playing. This doesn't make sense since the ear-pads don't seem to allow ANY airflow.
6) The mic disable button turns ON a light........ What? So when your mic is on, there's no light. When you mic is OFF, such as when listening to music, hanging out, whatever, there's BRIGHT RED LED on 100% of the time....... Huh???? How does this make sense?
7) the audio volume is easily 1/3 of every other headphone I own. I crank every setting up to 100% just to be equal to 30% on any other headset... Why?
8) mic is garbage!!!! I can't imagine anyone with any sense of intelligence thinking this mic is anything other than painfully sub par. Everything either sounds tinny, or incredibly digital (like using one of those $5 voice oscillators that make you sound like a robot.
9) while the ear pads do go around your ears, the speaker mesh is too shallow and will contact your ears. This makes it unbearable by itself, but combined with every other issue.....
10) FINALLY the surround sound effect is negligable. Playing the same surround sound tests, I cannot tell a difference between regular 2.0 phones and these. At all. There's also a VERY VERY VERY specific place you HAVE to position these, or you'll only hear about 70% of what it's putting out. Unfortunately the VERY SPECIFIC spot these must be placed is absolutely HORRIBLE. You must bend and fold your ears to position them even remotely correctly.
11) I know I said 10 was the final number, but it brings me to another point. These are so uncomfortable in almost every way. After a short session your jaw will hurt, as the bottoms press right into the hinge of your jaw, your ears will hurt and be sweaty from the complete lack of ventilation (it's like putting your ears in a wool coat in July in Florida -- a swamp!)
From a company that specializes in headphones, these are full of awfully poor design choices! One of the worst overall headsets I've ever owned.
Do not recommend to anyone for any purpose!
Top reviews from other countries
The quality of the wireless mic is as good as the best wired mics I've heard. Even in an environment dense with devices on 2.4GHz, I get great range.
The quality of the speakers is good, but with some tweaking with PEACE (equalizer) the speakers are EXCELLENT. Do a quick search for Arctis 7 eq curves.
Comfort-wise, the headset is very easy to wear for long periods. My ears get a little warm, but not sweaty.
Battery life is good. I charge it once a week.
Honestly.... there's nothing I can be critical of.
Does this headset deserve a 1 star: No. It's not that bad, but for the money and drawbacks, you can do a lot better; and so I find they are completely not worth your time and money. I hate it when people review a product and say that there is better out there, but then leave it to you to find said product, so I will also say, I bought Razer Naris instead. Wireless range isn't as good, but is very comfortable.
Comfort: I thought the "ski band" style would be super comfortable, not the case. It's decent, but slides off your head and really applies alot of the headset pressure to one small area. Even with the 2019 edition your ears will touch the inside of the headset..
Sound: worst part about them. Sounds suuuuper flat. I use hyper x clouds and i thought they sounded flat, but nothing compared to how flat these sound. Plus, max volume with these is not very loud.
Mic: no complaints, picks up a fair amount of background noise.
Wireless: works great. Wireless adapter seamlessly changes between outputs depending if the headset is on or off. My adapter had an issue and only played left audio.. which led to me returning them.
Le son est excellent et le micro est tout autant.
Je ne suis pas un fan de la strap d'ajustement pour la tête je trouve ca moins confortable mais ceci peut différer d'une personne à l'autre. Mon plus gros problème avec ses écouteurs est dans son choix de matériaux. Le plastique BLANC utilisé est très poreux et se tache ultra facilement. Et croyez-moi lorsque je dis ultra facilement, mon fils a remplacé ses ecouteurs corsair blanc pour se modèle car le mirco ne fonctionnait plus et il voulait essayer yn noyveau modèle. Il est habitué de jouer avec un oreillé derrière le cou pour un meilleur confort. Avec le casque Corsair, nous n'avons jamais eu aucun probleme, mais le plastique de steelseries est tres poreux et semble absorber la teinture de l'oreillé de mon garçon. Meme probleme si votre ado à l'idée de génie de jouer avec un kangourou et mettre sa capuche sur sa tête en jouant, la couleur de son kangourou a taché ses ecouteurs. J'ai retourné le premier casque croyant à un autre problème mais le résultat est le même avec le 2e. Choissez les steel series noirs afin d'éviter se genre de problème.