|Series||Arctis 5 Gaming Headset - DTS Headphone:X v2.0 7.1 Surround Sound|
|Item model number||61504|
|Item Weight||12.8 ounces|
|Product Dimensions||7.93 x 7.08 x 3.58 inches|
|Item Dimensions LxWxH||7.93 x 7.08 x 3.58 inches|
|Is Discontinued By Manufacturer||No|
|Date First Available||August 28, 2018|
SteelSeries Arctis 5 - RGB Illuminated Gaming Headset with DTS Headphone:X v2.0 Surround - For PC and PlayStation 4 - Black
|Series||Arctis 5 Gaming Headset - DTS Headphone:X v2.0 7.1 Surround Sound|
|Headphones Form Factor||Over Ear|
About this item
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Arctic 5 combines cutting edge audio technology with independent game and chat controls and RGB illumination for an immersive gaming experience
- Award winning arctic speaker drivers produce ultra-low distortion, paired with DTS headphone’s v2.0 surround sound for rich, immersive audio
- Widely recognized as the best mic in gaming, arctic clear cast bidirectional microphone delivers studio quality voice clarity and background noise cancelation
- The inline USB chat mix dial balances game audio and chat volume on the fly
- Padded air weave ear cushions and adjustable, steel reinforced headband provide long-lasting comfort and durability
- SteelSeries cannot guarantee the quality or authenticity of products sold by non-authorized resellers on Amazon, and they are not eligible for warranty. Authorized retailers: Amazon.com, Adorama Inc, Encore Technology, Space bound
This product is available as Renewed.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
More to consider from our brands
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
Designed exclusively for PC gaming
Specifically designed for the PC Gamer, Arctis 5 combines independent game and chat control, cutting-edge DTS surround sound, and dual zone RGB illumination to create the perfect audio solution for your battlestation.
Upgrade your SteelSeries Setup
SteelSeries has fueled the gaming industry for over 15 years by creating innovative new products, designed specifically for esports and passionate gamers everywhere.
Compare with similar items
HyperX Cloud II - Gaming Headset, 7.1 Surround Sound, Memory Foam Ear Pads, Durable Aluminum Frame, Detachable Microphone, Works with PC, PS4, Xbox One - Red
Razer Kraken Tournament Edition THX 7.1 Surround Sound Gaming Headset: Retractable Noise Cancelling Mic - USB DAC - For PC, PS4, PS5, Nintendo Switch, Xbox One, Xbox Series X & S, Mobile – Black
Razer BlackShark V2 X Gaming Headset: 7.1 Surround Sound - 50mm Drivers - Memory Foam Cushion - PC, PS4,PS5, Nintendo Switch, Xbox One, Xbox Series X & S, Mobile - 3.5mm Audio Jack - Black
|Shipping||—||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details|
|Sold By||Available from these sellers||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com|
|Item Dimensions||7.93 x 7.08 x 3.58 inches||6.69 x 4.72 x 2.76 inches||6.76 x 7.60 x 3.86 inches||7.60 x 6.76 x 3.86 inches|
|Item Weight||0.80 lbs||0.61 lbs||0.71 lbs||—|
Arctic challenges everything you know about gaming headsets with completely overhauled audio, a new mic design with unmatched clarity, and improved comfort with materials inspired by athletic clothing. Arctic 5 features RGB illumination, game/chat audio balance, and DTS headphone: x v2.0 7.1 surround. The arctic 5 can be connected both through USB to a pc, mac, or ps4 or with the included 3.5mm adapter for Xbox, switch, and mobile devices. Some features such as chat mix, surround sound, and illumination are only available when connected via USB.
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Well guess what? The sound is crap. Fresh out the box, I updated the Steelseries Engine 3 software and patched the headset, but the soundstage in my ears was skewed around 30 degrees to the left. That means that everything I hear in my ears seems to be coming from the left. Sometimes, there was nothing to the right. Whether I was listening to music or playing games, the sound was skewed to the left. I tried tweaking different settings in the Engine 3 but to no avail.
So I did what any logical person would do -- I contacted the Steelseris customer service on 30 September 2018. Every reply from them takes around 2 - 3 working days. Slow responses notwithstanding, the customer service representative did not seem to know why the issue was happening. He only suggested 2 options.
Firstly, he told me to reset the hardware via a magical button hidden in the left earcup. I had to peel off the cushioning, find one of those iPhone pins, and then hold the button for a certain amount of time, at which point the headset should reset. There is no indication anywhere so I had to just hope it worked. (It works when you realise you have to re-pair the headset to the USB receiver that came with it.) After re-pairing with the receiver, the issue was improved by maybe 5 degrees but the soundstage was still skewed to the left. The issue becomes more apparent at lower volumes.
The customer service rep's next solution was to go straight to the RMA process. After asking me to send in my receipt, they agreed to RMA the product conditionally if I send in evidence (screenshot) of the destroyed product - i.e. breaking off the left earcup and showing the serial number.
Which I did on 14 October.
It's 16 October and my reply from them was that my RMA is declined -- with NO EXPLANATION WHATSOEVER WHY.
So basically, let's recap -- Steelseries sold me a product that has some weird issue, took 2 weeks to correspond with me, agreed to RMA my purchase, and then after I had destroyed it, proceeded to screw me over and tell me the RMA is rejected.
Take this as a lesson learnt -- DO NOT BUY THEIR PRODUCTS. WONKY. FAULTY. PATHETIC CUSTOMER SERVICE. AND WILL ABSOLUTELY SCREW YOU OVER FOR NO REASON AT ALL.
First off, I wear headphones 12-18 hours a day, 7 days a week. For work, recreation, and to help me fall asleep. I know headphones, and have a decent collection of a dozen or so.
1) HOLY DISTORTION, BATMAN! Listening to music at volumes any of my other headphones can handle (including the cheap-o $30 bluetooth units), these units produce massive amounts of distortion. I cannot believe how bad these are at volumes over 50%! Give it one tonal range to cover, and it seems to do okay, but toss in two or three (like bass guitar and a high-hat at the same time.... or, ya know, almost all music) and suddenly you can't make out what you're listening to anymore.
2) The volume roller is EXTREMELY easy to accidentally adjust. I mean, unbelievably easy. I am CONSTANTLY messing with the volume when adjusting the headphones or mic, and since it's so loose it's almost impossible to dial in "just the right" volume. Very very annoying!
3) There's no media controls on these. Why? A push-button volume button combination would easily solve the "too easy to adjust" volume, and allow media controls through long presses.
4) The ear pieces are EXTREMELY hot. I wear headphones quite a bit, but these burn my ears up in a matter of minutes, which makes me adjust or remove them temporarily. This also reiterates point #2 in that the volume knob is ALWAYS being adjusted by accident.
5) These block absolutely no out-side sound, and people often can hear what I am listening to or playing. This doesn't make sense since the ear-pads don't seem to allow ANY airflow.
6) The mic disable button turns ON a light........ What? So when your mic is on, there's no light. When you mic is OFF, such as when listening to music, hanging out, whatever, there's BRIGHT RED LED on 100% of the time....... Huh???? How does this make sense?
7) the audio volume is easily 1/3 of every other headphone I own. I crank every setting up to 100% just to be equal to 30% on any other headset... Why?
8) mic is garbage!!!! I can't imagine anyone with any sense of intelligence thinking this mic is anything other than painfully sub par. Everything either sounds tinny, or incredibly digital (like using one of those $5 voice oscillators that make you sound like a robot.
9) while the ear pads do go around your ears, the speaker mesh is too shallow and will contact your ears. This makes it unbearable by itself, but combined with every other issue.....
10) FINALLY the surround sound effect is negligable. Playing the same surround sound tests, I cannot tell a difference between regular 2.0 phones and these. At all. There's also a VERY VERY VERY specific place you HAVE to position these, or you'll only hear about 70% of what it's putting out. Unfortunately the VERY SPECIFIC spot these must be placed is absolutely HORRIBLE. You must bend and fold your ears to position them even remotely correctly.
11) I know I said 10 was the final number, but it brings me to another point. These are so uncomfortable in almost every way. After a short session your jaw will hurt, as the bottoms press right into the hinge of your jaw, your ears will hurt and be sweaty from the complete lack of ventilation (it's like putting your ears in a wool coat in July in Florida -- a swamp!)
From a company that specializes in headphones, these are full of awfully poor design choices! One of the worst overall headsets I've ever owned.
Do not recommend to anyone for any purpose!
Top reviews from other countries
The quality of the wireless mic is as good as the best wired mics I've heard. Even in an environment dense with devices on 2.4GHz, I get great range.
The quality of the speakers is good, but with some tweaking with PEACE (equalizer) the speakers are EXCELLENT. Do a quick search for Arctis 7 eq curves.
Comfort-wise, the headset is very easy to wear for long periods. My ears get a little warm, but not sweaty.
Battery life is good. I charge it once a week.
Honestly.... there's nothing I can be critical of.
Does this headset deserve a 1 star: No. It's not that bad, but for the money and drawbacks, you can do a lot better; and so I find they are completely not worth your time and money. I hate it when people review a product and say that there is better out there, but then leave it to you to find said product, so I will also say, I bought Razer Naris instead. Wireless range isn't as good, but is very comfortable.
Comfort: I thought the "ski band" style would be super comfortable, not the case. It's decent, but slides off your head and really applies alot of the headset pressure to one small area. Even with the 2019 edition your ears will touch the inside of the headset..
Sound: worst part about them. Sounds suuuuper flat. I use hyper x clouds and i thought they sounded flat, but nothing compared to how flat these sound. Plus, max volume with these is not very loud.
Mic: no complaints, picks up a fair amount of background noise.
Wireless: works great. Wireless adapter seamlessly changes between outputs depending if the headset is on or off. My adapter had an issue and only played left audio.. which led to me returning them.
Le son est excellent et le micro est tout autant.
Je ne suis pas un fan de la strap d'ajustement pour la tête je trouve ca moins confortable mais ceci peut différer d'une personne à l'autre. Mon plus gros problème avec ses écouteurs est dans son choix de matériaux. Le plastique BLANC utilisé est très poreux et se tache ultra facilement. Et croyez-moi lorsque je dis ultra facilement, mon fils a remplacé ses ecouteurs corsair blanc pour se modèle car le mirco ne fonctionnait plus et il voulait essayer yn noyveau modèle. Il est habitué de jouer avec un oreillé derrière le cou pour un meilleur confort. Avec le casque Corsair, nous n'avons jamais eu aucun probleme, mais le plastique de steelseries est tres poreux et semble absorber la teinture de l'oreillé de mon garçon. Meme probleme si votre ado à l'idée de génie de jouer avec un kangourou et mettre sa capuche sur sa tête en jouant, la couleur de son kangourou a taché ses ecouteurs. J'ai retourné le premier casque croyant à un autre problème mais le résultat est le même avec le 2e. Choissez les steel series noirs afin d'éviter se genre de problème.