|Series||SteelSeries Arctis 9X Wireless Gaming Headset – Integrated Xbox Wireless + Bluetooth – 20+ Hour Battery Life – for Xbox One and Series X|
|Item model number||61481|
|Hardware Platform||Gaming Console|
|Operating System||Xbox One|
|Item Weight||1.2 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||8.07 x 8.26 x 3.62 inches|
|Item Dimensions LxWxH||8.07 x 8.26 x 3.62 inches|
|Batteries||1 Lithium ion batteries required. (included)|
|Is Discontinued By Manufacturer||No|
|Date First Available||June 23, 2019|
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
SteelSeries Arctis 9X Wireless Gaming Headset – Integrated Xbox Wireless + Bluetooth – 20+ Hour Battery Life – for Xbox One and Series X
|Series||SteelSeries Arctis 9X Wireless Gaming Headset – Integrated Xbox Wireless + Bluetooth – 20+ Hour Battery Life – for Xbox One and Series X See more|
|Headphones Form Factor||On Ear|
About this item
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Integrated Xbox Wireless connectivity - Connect directly to your Xbox Series X|S or Xbox One just like a wireless controller, and start gaming in seconds with no cable or dongle required
- Integrated Xbox wireless - Connect directly to your Xbox just like a wireless controller, and start gaming in seconds with no cable or dongle required
- Bluetooth - Simultaneously connect to Bluetooth and Xbox TO mix in music and take calls while gaming, or use wirelessly on the go with your mobile device
- Clearcast microphone - The Arctis mic uses a bidirectional design, the same used by aircraft carrier deck crews, for superior noise cancellation so that your voice sounds clear and natural
- Award-winning sound - The award-winning soundscape of Arctis emphasizes subtle, yet critical sounds to give you an audio advantage
- 20+ hour battery - A brand new chipset designed specifically for Xbox with superior audio quality and dual-wireless support and optimized for ultra-low power consumption
- Compatibility: Xbox One- Xbox Wireless; PC; Mobile- Bluetooth
- SteelSeries cannot guarantee the quality or authenticity of products sold by non-authorized resellers on Amazon, and they are not eligible for warranty. Authorized retailers: Amazon.com, Adorama Inc, Encore Technology, Spacebound
Frequently bought together
More to consider from our brands
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
Start Gaming in Seconds
Integrated Xbox Wireless Connectivity
Connect directly to your Xbox X|S or Xbox One just like a wireless controller, and start gaming in seconds with no cable or dongle required.
Simultaneous Bluetooth Wireless Audio
Simultaneously connect to Bluetooth and the Xbox to mix in music and take calls while gaming, or use wirelessly on the go with your mobile device.
Tuned to Reveal Every Detail
The signature soundscape of Arctis emphasizes subtle, yet critical sounds to give you an audio advantage.
Superior Noise Cancellation
ClearCast Noise-Canceling Microphone
The Arctis ClearCast microphone uses the same bidirectional design used by aircraft carrier deck crews for superior noise cancelation, so that your voice sounds clear and natural.
More Battery Means More Gaming
Using the latest power efficiency technology, Arctis 9X is optimized to provide 20+ hours of battery life, double that of other wireless Xbox headsets.
On-Ear ChatMix Control
Dial in your perfect balance of game and chat audio on the fly right from the headset without pausing your game.
Premium Headband Construction
Athletics-inspired performance fabric AirWeave ear cushions and ski-goggle headband keep you cool and comfortable.
Windows Sonic Surround Sound
Totally immerse yourself in the native 3D spatial audio included on Xbox Series X|S and Windows 10.
Durable Steel Headband
Premium lightweight steel headband construction for build quality you can feel.
Compare with similar items
Turtle Beach Stealth 600 Gen 2 Wireless Gaming Headset for Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S
LucidSound LS35X Wireless Surround Sound Gaming Headset - Officially Licensed for Xbox One - Works Wired with PS4, PC, Nintendo Switch, Mac, iOS and Android
PDP 048-025-NA-BK Xbox One LVL50 Wireless Stereo Gaming Headset for Xbox One, 048-025-NA-BK
Razer Kraken Gaming Headset: Lightweight Aluminum Frame, Retractable Noise Isolating Microphone, For PC, PS4, PS5, Switch, Xbox One, Xbox Series X & S, Mobile, 3.5 mm Audio Jack, Black
|Shipping||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details|
|Platform||Xbox One||Xbox One, Xbox Series X||Windows, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, Linux, Mac||Xbox One||PlayStation 4, Windows, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, Mac OS X|
From the makers of the most award-winning headset line in gaming history, the arctis 9x combines the convenience of integrated Xbox wireless with simultaneous Bluetooth audio for true wireless everywhere. With the noise-cancelling clearcast bidirectional Microphone and stunningly detailed arctis sound, the arctis 9x is the premier wireless headset for Xbox gamers.
Microphone Frequency Response - 100–10000 Hz
Microphone Pattern - Bidirectional
Microphone Sensitivity - -38 dBV/Pa
Microphone Impedance - 2200 Ohm
Microphone Location - Retractable
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Overall the headset is really good, but I there are a few things keeping it from 5 stars.
-It takes too long to turn on
-It randomly turns off, which then takes forever to turn back on
-It does not like to charge with the provided cable and several other micro-usb cables.
-Good battery life
-Friends say that the mic quality is great
-Sound quality is great
-Super easy to connect to all bluetooth devices i.e. phone, laptop, xbox
I would rate the headset 5 stars but the cons are pretty annoying. If the issues somehow go away I will update the rating.
Regarding sound quality, I think they are great. I'm upgrading from Turtle Beach 800x Elite and I think these sound better. They are way more comfortable and lighter on the head as well. The Turtle Beach just had too many options on the headphones and with the wireless base transmitter was too bulky. The only con I can think of is there is a limit to the volume and you can't go too loud with these, which will save your ears in the long run.
So if you are looking for headphones that will work with Xbox and PC then these are the ones to get. They sound great. The mic quality is great. They are stylish and light compared to other bulky headphones. The Microsoft Wireless Adapter does not come with the headset so you have to buy that separate.
I was a fan of Turtle Beach for a number of years but ill never go back after my first Steel Series Headset. This is my 2nd Steel Series headset now, After the abuse my 2 yr old put my last Arctis through and many late night gaming sessions.. Im very happy and Impressed with the Steel Series performance and durability.
That being said a few days have passed since receiving the Arctis 9X wireless headset and i can already say its on point for being my favorite. They added a few improvement over previous models that are small but noticeable regardless.. It just makes for a better experience without issues. They added a Red LED light on the mic to easily see muted vs unmuted, no more confusion in game or on a phone call. They also moved the chat mixer/volume wheels to a less cluttered area so you dont accidentally blow out your ear drums. 👍
Fit and comfort are great with the ear peices and ski strap band. I already know i can wear it for years easily without any issues or parts degrading on me even if my spawn throws it across a room.. 😱
The mic is clean and clear when speaking no cracks or muffled voice.
Battery life is still early to judge but no issues yet after hours of use.
Shipping/Packaging was clean and easy to unbox, well protected for shipping.
Im giving it 5 stars now because iv already tested the limits of the previous model with no problems. As of right now the time Iv spent using Arctis 9X and how it functions/performes I know its not just a premature assumption to give it 5 Stars early. If for some reason im wrong you'll see this updated.. if not then no worries buy with confidence.
Top reviews from other countries
- connection issues. The headphones had a hard time maintaining a solid connection with the xbox after 2 weeks of use even with a fully charged battery. I'd start hearing crackling and my voice would be cutting in and out on party chats so people can't make out my full sentences. Even restarting my headset didnt do the trick. My xbox is literally in arms reach in front of me so there is no excuses for this...the second I leave my room, the connection drops and it does NOT auto reconnect when I reenter the room even though my xbox days I'm connected still...I have turn it off and on again and sometimes even leave a party and reenter...and it takes quite a long hold on the power button to turn the headset on/off...which I read about beforehand and didnt think it would bother me but it did...
- comfort. It isn't that comfortable but I guess that's subjective.
- volume rockers. Now this is a feature I initially LOVED. On the left headphone you adjust game to chat ratio and on the right it's the overall headphone volume.. beats going into the menus all the time. But a small issue that I had with it was everytime I take the headphones off and/or put them back on, my hands would naturally grab around that area and adjust the volume without me noticing (if that makes sense). Its placed on a very convenient spot but it's also why it's so easy to knock the the volume..so you'll take them off and by the time you put them back on, your volume is out of whack and you're left readjusting them again...a minor inconvenience but it's something that caught my attention and annoyed me personally
- design. Overall it's a nice aesthetic but I'm not a fan of the green lines on the band...just a personal preference, makes it look tacky but overall it's not bad.
- sound. The sound is good. No complaints here. Great for listening to footsteps and all that stuff you want as a gamer.
- mic. When it works, its crystal clear I'm told. But that's assuming you can maintain connection
Overall, at this price point, I expected the headset to at least function the way it's supposed to and unfortunately it only delivered for the first two weeks then it started having constant connection issues. That makes me question the longevity of these headphones. Firmware update perhaps? But it's not worth that wait and going through daily gaming not knowing how many times I'm going to haveto restart my headphones. In the end, all that is great and all that is bad doesn't matter if the headset doesn't function the way it should. It's very unfortunate because I wanted to love these and it checked all my boxes for what I was looking for in a headset, but it just doesn't work :/
1) Having a completely wireless mic was something very new to me and I loved not having any wires at all with this headset but it connects so poorly to the xbox one. It would constantly drop mic and audio. Having to restart the mic over and over was a pain that I'm not willing to put up with at any price point let alone a higher end gaming headset. I tried the hard firmware reset on the left cup, no luck.
2) Reviewers say the 40mm drivers are really punching above their weight and deliver great audio quality. That's a hard no from me. The quality was so-so, never great but usually passable. When every other mic you're competing with is using 50mm at the very minimum there might be a reason why.
3) The headset wasnt all that comfortable for me, granted I do wear glasses.
4) The headset controls were all on the ear cups themselves, maybe it's just me but I found I had to fumble around looking for the correct button to press or wheel to scroll. I guess that's the price you pay for a truly wireless headset.
5) The mic boom is waaay too sensitive, my friends could hear me really clearly but they could also hear my fan and every breath I took, that's a bit too intimate for casual gaming.
There were some things I loved about this headset though:
1) Completely wireless experience. If you cant deal with wires getting frayed or breaking really easily this might be worth a shot.
2) I LOVED how the boom turned red when you muted your mic. I'm constantly having the situation where me or a friend has left their mic on mute by accident and we have to remind each other "Hey you sure you're not muted you havent said anything in a while".
3) I like how the mic is retractable, it worked really smoothly. It would be super useful if you're chatting with your friends while eating something or just listening to music.
4) The app controls had a good UI and real-time testing. I couldnt quite get my perfect setup but you can mess around with all your highs and lows until you get your way.
Overall it's got good promise but it's just not worth the price. I do like customization but these things need to work well straight out of the box. 3/5
After going through 4 Xbox headsets in a year I wanted a better investment.
I was skeptical that headphones could compare to my high end home audio system.
I was pleasantly surprised on how much more I can hear footsteps playing first person shooters without the neighborhood hearing me playing War lol
I chose these BC of the comfort and they had a mid range sound stage, not overly bass heavy.
I find a bit of distortion if I have them loud and there is a ton of guns and explosions simultaneously.
It's rare and I haven't been bothered by it yet.
Bass is more than ample, I don't need bass driven directly into my ears.
I found the highs weren't decent, wasn't tinny or too high, in fact I wanted a tiny bit more treble.
When listening to music I was really surprised on how well they sounded, I tried a variety such as rap, metal, EDM and live accoustic. The accoustic guitar was really picked up well and the way tones sounded really good.
I will definitely be listening to music with these as well.
The microphone is loud and clear, good background noise cancelling.
**One note is check your headset volume on your Xbox settings BC it's default to 1/2 volume. I thought something was wrong at first, adjusted that and amazing!👍**
Last summer i research a new pair of headphones heavily and settled on the Lucidsound LX35's, which were at the time number one or two on many people's list. I had a ton of trouble with these, they were heavy and bulky, and they never really felt like the kind of pair i would expect as someone's number one. After just 6 months of regular usage and treating them what i would describe as very average, the right side plastic cracked and the earcup was basically falling off.
After that disappointment i went back and researched again and settled on these which again are number one or two consistently on everyone's top ten list. I picked them up a little over a month ago, despite reading some sketchy reviews on Reddit, and immediately was impressed by the construction, and feel. I will break down a few pros and cons below, but the TL:DR is that they are worth the money.
-Excellent sound, i use them for a variety of games from Call of Duty to Sea of Thieves, and the sound is great. There are several sound profiles so you can set it to where you want it.
-They are comfortable. My gaming sessions can span from an hour to 5 hours, and throughout that time i have not had any issues with fatigue. They do get a little warm at the ears, but I never really realize until i take them off and the cool air hits my ears.
-Connection is reliable. When i boot these up they connect immediately, throughout the last month or so there may have been once or twice when they didn't connect immediately or they skipped a bit, however it is not a constant issue at all.
-Construction is solid. As mentioned my last headphones cracked at the point where the band meets the ear cup, even though these have an even smaller connection, it feels more solid.
-TV/Movie viewing is awesome. I frequently watch TV in the background while doing dishes or cleaning up, and i will throw these on to be able to hear without blasting the TV. Sound is rich and easy to adjust.
-Bluetooth connection is an awesome feature. Kind of crazy that more headphones dont have bluetooth along with the xbox connectivity. It is a great feature to have, i enjoy listening to music while playing games, and to have it pipe in along with game sound is nice.
Cons (to be honest, difficult to come up with these which is a great thing)
-The volume button on the right side is sensitive. There have been more than a few occasions where i put the headset on or take it off and accidentally knock the volume up or down. It is something to look out for, and i still think with time i will get better at avoiding it.
- The microphone muting system. I am reaching a bit here, but coming from turtle beaches where when you flip the mic arm up it mutes automatically, on these headphones when you push the mic into the headphones, it does not mute it. Would be a nice feature if it muted but regardless the mute button is large and it is clearly muted with the red light.
-Charging. no USB C kind of sucks, and it definitely does not make this device future proof as you will always need to carry around a micro USB.
-No mic monitoring. Again a bit of a reach, but coming from headphones that have this feature (allows you to hear your own voice playback in the headphones) it took a bit to get used to. It was useful to me as it let me hear how loud i was being, and being a loud person it helped me shut up.
-The head band is large. Another reach, but the headband is very thick and it always leaves a rather large indentation in my hair after pretty much any gaming session. If you have any sort of social engagement, I wouldn't recommend wearing these beforehand, which kind of sucks if you want to get that last round of COD in before heading out to dinner with friends.
Overall, these are excellent and i have already recommended them to a few friends. The pro's FAR outweigh the cons, and most people will absolutely love them.
-Sonido: que no quede duda, la calidad de sonido de este headset es muy superior, incluso a algunas marcas bastante reconocidas en calidad de audio (tengo un Sennheiser GSP 600 y no pensé que nada sonaría mejor, pues el 9x si lo hace) de verdad escuchas todo alrededor y puedes saber de donde viene, básico para quieres jugamos FPS y Battle Royales
-Micrófono: El micrófono tiene una calidad impecable y un sonido muy claro, puedes ajustar el volumen del mismo y el monitoreo (escucharte a ti mismo, para evitar gritar) en la app para la computadora.
-Estructura: El marco del headset es de acero inoxidable lo cual lo hace sentir bastante resistente, el resto es plástico, sin embargo los materiales se sienten de muy buena calidad. La banda elástica es textil.
-Completamente inalámbrico, no dependes de ningún accesorio para conectarlo (solo Xbox one, para pc necesitas el adaptador inalámbrico)
-Comodidad: puedo pasar horas con este headset y la sensación de tenerlo puesto es mínima, comparado con otros headsets que tengo que son pesados o ejercen mucha presión sobre la cabeza u orejas. Los cojines de las orejas dejan respirar la piel y no guardan el calor como otros materiales (piel, vinilo)
-Conectividad Bluetooth: Al tener integración Bluetooth puedes conectarlo a tu smartphone o computadora y puedes recibir llamadas, escuchar música o audio del equipo al que estes conectado mientras juegas.
-Versatilidad: Es un headset diseñado exclusivamente para Xbox y Windows así que no puede usarse en PS4 o Nintendo Switch.
-Rango de señal: La señal inalámbrica de este headset no es tan buena como la de los controles inalámbricos, el headset se desconecta del Xbox a una menor distancia que los controles inalámbricos y al regresar al rango casi nunca se reconecta de forma automática. La señal Bluetooth tiene un rango muy bueno.
-Precio: Es un headset en rango de precio Premium, la verdad es poco accesible.