Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Listen for a chance to win Electronics Gift Guide $34.99 for a limited time only Handmade Gift Shop Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TNF TNF TNF  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on May 13, 2016
good enough to get by definitely not close to razer product and the cord can get tangled into itself and cripple your range of motion all in all it lasted me a good 3 years
on May 10, 2016
I've owned this mouse for over 4 months, and have not had the money to replace it. I play CS and Overwatch, so having a good mouse is extremely important. I'll start talking about the OS.
Steelseries OS runs just fine on my Windows 7 PC, and I have not had any major problems. It allows you to customize alot of different settings and it is not complicated to use. Occasionally, my mouse would bug out from drivers auto-installing (which has happened amidst a few matches), and can be fairly annoying. Onto tracking.
The tracking on this mouse is a huge step up from any other non-gaming mouse. That being said, it is not the best. I have play tested other mice and really find that the tracking on the Kana is nothing special. The tracking sometimes lags a tad, but in general the tracking feels pretty smooth and consistent. It also only goes to 3200DPI, which I know for some people means alot. I personally play on 400DPI so I cannot adequately rate that portion. In general, I would give the tracking portion 4/5. Now for the shape...
The shape of the mouse fits pretty well. I use a claw-palm grip hybrid, which is mostly because I have owned this mouse for so long. My hands are pretty big, so the size is just a tad bit too small for my preference. For someone with average sized hands, I think this mouse would be a perfect fit. I give the shape a 4.5/5. Now onto the buttons...
This is where I really became disappointed with the mouse. Initially, I was satisfied with the buttons. It was nice to have crisp clicks and extra mouse buttons. After two months of usage the LMB suddenly became unreliable and unresponsive. Occasionally, I will press the LMB and it will not register a mouse click, which has caused me a lot of unnecessary frustration. I have been plagued by this problem for over 2 months now, and it does not appear that anyone else experiences this problem. Maybe my Kana is defective, but I honestly do not know the solution to this. In light of this, I give the buttons 2/5.

All in all, you get what you pay for. This is a cheap mouse meant for a budget gamer, definitely has not lasted me that long. If you want something high quality that you won't have to replace in a few months, add $30 to your budget.
on May 2, 2016
Bought this model for my roomate as a christmas present. He loves the ambidextrous feel like me, but his only complaint is how easily it tarnishes. The shell is made of a glossy plastic as opposed to the matte surface on the black one. Other than that, it's great
on May 1, 2016
Very comfortable and precise, cord becomes frayed over time
on April 22, 2016
NIce Quality mouse. The size of my hands tends to inadvertently hit the left side mouse button to much. Its prolly just the way i hold it. But, you can bet if i change meeses. It will be a steelseries product
on November 12, 2015
This feels SO nice! Fits my studio and my brand too!
on October 14, 2015
Cord is not very flexible and has permanent kinks in it that i can't straighten out and the scroll wheel feel mediocre. The buttons and shape feel pretty good but the side buttons are positioned in a way that it is impossible to hold the mouse without accidently pressing them.
on October 9, 2015
Has issues with OSX. Other than that, it's a good mouse.

The issue with Macs is that the mouse tends to track insanely slow across the screen, even when the tracking speed is set to max. I've solved that issue by downloading free USB add-ons (SmoothMouse is good), but said 3rd party add-ons don't always work with some games; like, the mouse won't work at all with Heroes of the Storm.

**UPDATE** Per steelseries' own site, this mouse now isn't compatible with OS X 10.8 or higher (including MacOS Sierra). I contacted support, and was told that adding modern mac OS support is something they'd like to do, but isn't being worked on. Literally unusable with Macs.
on August 26, 2015
I actually like the way the mouse feels in the hand -- it's light and tracks nicely, and is a good replacement for those who like the feel of the Microsoft Intellimouse Optical (the Kana is a little smaller than the Intellimouse, the Sensei a little larger). My only complaint about the hardware is that the L and R buttons take a bit too much force to click (I like a very light force). Supposedly this is corrected in the Kana V2, which uses a different brand of switch.

So why two stars? I did so to call attention to SteelSeries' striking misrepresentation of the functionality of their software. Before purchasing it, I checked SteelSeries.com to make sure the software would work with OS X Yosemite (10.10). According to the website, the Kana requires Engine 2 (they've not yet gotten Engine 3 to work with it), but the website assured me that Engine 2 works with "Mac OSX 10.7 or newer." Unfortunately, after purchasing the Kana I found that Engine 2 could not recognize the mouse. After some email back-and-forth with Brendan M at SteelSeries technical support, I finally got this piece of information in an email on August 26, 2015:

"Unfortunately none of our SteelSeries Engine 2.0 software or drivers are compatible with OS X 10.9+ yet.We are working diligently to release be ready for the release of the retail client. We are working around the clock to get these updates out to our customers as fast as we can to minimize the downtime our customers are experiencing. As soon as the software and drivers become available they will be posted immediately to our website in the download section.Thanks for your patience and understanding.Regards,

Best regards,
Brendan M
SteelSeries Support"

Now this is all very polite and apologetic, but the fact remains that, even after he sent this email -- clearly indicating that SteelSeries knew that the software didn't work with Yosemite, the website continued to claim it did (see attached screenshot, taken August 26, 2015).

The bottom line is that they're not being truthful, and as a result wasted a lot of my time. I returned the Kana.
review image
on July 24, 2015
I bought this mouse for CS:GO, and couldn't be happier. Extremely responsive, and very smooth. There is great button feedback and I love thee cpi switch.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.