Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning _fof _fof _fof  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Shop Now STEMClub17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 12 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 27 reviews
on February 6, 2011
I compared these directly to the 5xb and found the 4xb sound very similar with in game audio. The 4xb are slightly lighter than the 5xb and are as comfortable as the 5xb. I would recommend the 4xb over the more expensive 5xb if you plan on using the headset only for gaming. The 4xb were slightly louder in one ear, while I didn't notice this in game it is annoying when listening to music. The 5xb have a slightly warmer and smoother sound overall with solid imaging. I think some people will prefer the 4xb for in game audio because the sound has less bass, which allowed me to hear more delicate sounds such as footsteps a little easier. All other differences with the 4xb and 5xb are mainly aesthetic. I also tried the turtle beach x11 and the 4xb easily trumps the x11 in sound quality and comfort. I find it interesting the x11 were also louder in one ear, even more so than the 4xb.
on March 18, 2011
I purchased this headset over Turtle Beach headset because I was never very impressed with Turtle Beach. I am overall very happy with the headset. The sound is very crisp and has good sound separation. The light weight design along with the great padding allows for a very comfortable gaming experience. I wish the bendable part of the mic was a little stiffer so it would stay in place. Unfortunately though, it isn't all good reviews. The headset jack that plugs into the controller is easy to break if you aren't careful, which renders the microphone completely useless, so be gentle when plugging and unplugging the headset.

Pros:
Great sound quality
Extremely comfortable
Great microphone quality
Easy to access volume controls
Lightweght

Cons:
The jack that plugs in controller is fragile
Microphone extender a little flimsy
on March 11, 2011
Upon opening the product I found the packaging to be easy to open, and easy to remove the contents. Quality of the headset is much better then others in the $50 range. The ear cushions are fully removable to allow easy cleaning or replacement, also of notice are that the adjustable "arms" of the headset are made of metal and not plastic like other headsets giving them great wear resistance. All the cords are longer then most and easy to sort and input. The "puck" fits snugly to the controller with all controls in easy reach of your thumbs. What I liked the most are that the ear cushions are VERY comfortable if you wear glasses, they sit around the ears and not on them thus not yielding any discomfort after hours of use. Another great feature is that they can be detached from your xbox in seconds and hooked up to a PC. I've used Turtle Beach products in the past, but I found these to be of better quality.
on July 13, 2014
My husband and I ordered two of these as we are both avid gamers. They work well and are comfortable enough for long wear. The only reason I don't give 5 stars is because the multiple cords do get annoying after awhile and my set has recently had the sound in the left ear go out. We have had them for about 6 months and we moved recently so I think mine got bumped during the move or something. All in all a good deal for the money.
on September 13, 2013
Bought this product to replace my old headset but was very disappointed. There was a constant buzzing noise from when I plugged in the microphone jack that would not go away, I played around with the cables to make sure nothing was causing this issue. Also the left side would not work, I'm guessing this is a defective product and will be returning it.
on August 3, 2015
Been using for 8 months every day and it has been doing good. The cable is really short if you don't use the extension. Overall very good 5/5
on November 3, 2014
Headset was extremely comfortable and had smooth, loud sound. The audiomixer that plugs into the controller end can be a little annoying at times though
on July 7, 2012
I had these for about 4 months now. I used them on xbox 360, in which they did amazing. I tested it on halo, and black ops and it clearly gave me a advantage over people who doesn't have a headset. I also use these more on pc then I do 360, still works the same. The quality is just amazing.
on August 24, 2015
The headset itself sounds really muffled, but the cord you plug it into work alright.
on October 2, 2014
Was faulty from the very first time i used it!

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.