|Item Weight||72.8 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||23.63 x 29.05 x 44.5 inches|
|Item model number||442A40- 5S25|
|Is Discontinued By Manufacturer||No|
|Assembled Seat Height||16 Inches|
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
Steelcase Gesture Chair, Graphite
|Price:||& FREE Shipping|
|Assembled Seat Height||16 Inches|
About this item
- Your purchase includes: One Steelcase Gesture Chair, in graphite color.
- Advanced synchro-tilt allows the chair back and seat to move in a 2.8:1 ratio. As the user leans back the seat rises slightly to keep the user’s feet on the floor
- Arm width adjusts parallel 61⁄8" per arm for a total range of 101⁄4" to 221⁄2" between arms. Arm height adjusts independently 41⁄4" (71⁄4"H to 111⁄2"H) to relieve upper back and shoulder fatigue.
- Variable back stop to lock backrest in upright position, lean forward and flip lever down. There are four settings to give just the right angle of recline.
- Gesture was inspired by the movement of the human body created for the way we work today
- Item's dimensions: Overall depth: 21" to 23". Width: 22" to 34". Height: 39" to 44". Weight capacity: 400 lbs.
Frequently bought together
Featured items you may like
More items to explore
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
Global Posture Study
To better understand the body at work, Steelcase conducted a global posture study spanning six continents and more than 2,000 participants. We discovered that changes in technology and behavior have led to new unhealthy postures that are not adequately supported by current seating solutions. While technology boosts productivity, it can cause discomfort that disrupts our work, our ability to concentrate and our creativity.
Inspired by the human body, designed for the way we work today.
- Gesture is the first office chair designed to support a greater range of technologies, postures and user sizes.
- With 3D LiveBack, Gesture automatically adjusts to mimic natural spine movement, contouring to the user’s back in all postures. It is designed as a system of synchronized interfaces, supporting a greater range of postures through the back, the seat and the arms.
- The placement of the arms toward the back of the chair and the soft seat edges allow for comfortable alternative postures.
The Gesture 360 arm moves like the human arm, while supporting users in any position. Most people use an average of three devices a day, and Gesture supports movement and healthy postures between devices when interacting with technology.
Two intuitive, easy-to-operate controls respond immediately to the user’s adjustments. The front knob controls seat height and depth, while the back knob controls tension and variable back stop.
The core equalizer is powered by a torsional spring that adjusts with the angle of the seat and back to provide less lumbar support in a deep recline and more lumbar support in an upright posture.
The seat has air pockets carefully placed beneath the foam to give consistent comfort and support to a range of users.
|Steelcase Gesture||Steelcase Think||Steelcase Leap||Steelcase Amia|
|Short Description||Designed for the way we work today, Gesture is the first chair to support a greater range of technologies, postures and user sizes.||The Think office chair intuitively responds to the movement of the body to provide comfort. Fully redesigned, Think is smart, simple and sustainable.||Its back moves as your back moves, its arms move as your arms move. With exceptional comfort and support, Leap provides a healthier way to sit.||Amia is a hardworking, versatile ergonomic office chair that adds an element of sophistication to any workspace.|
|Weight Capacity 300 lbs||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Seat Height from Floor||16" to 21"||16 1⁄2" to 21 1⁄2"||15 1⁄2" to 20 1⁄2"||16" to 21"|
|Seat Depth||18 1⁄4"||18 1⁄2"||19"||18 1⁄2"|
|Seat Width||20"||20 1⁄4"||19 1⁄4"||19 3⁄8"|
|Recommended Use||Long term (Up to 8 hours)||Long term (Up to 8 hours)||Long term (Up to 8 hours)||Long term (Up to 8 hours)|
Designed for the way we work today.
Our Global Posture Study revealed nine new postures related to technology that were not adequately supported by existing seating solutions. Gesture is the first chair designed to support users’ interactions with today’s technologies. Gesture’s Core, Limb, and Seat interfaces work as a system to provide support and comfort to a wide range of users in a wide range of postures. Gesture is a highly ergonomic chair that will perform in any work environment.
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I've had it for a few weeks now and I'm not much of a fan.
- It looks cool and futuristic
- The adjustable arms are really nice. Before using them, I thought it was a gimmick. Totally sold
- High quality materials throughout. This feels like a Porsche
- The chair feels like the seat pan is angled downward slightly, like it's trying to push me forward out of it
- Didn't find it very comfortable, back support was lacking
- Non-adjustable lumbar support
All-in-all, this chair just didn't work for my back, so I returned it. I went and bought a Herman Miller Embody, and it is much more comfortable.
Less then 6 months have gone by and the chair squeaks, wobbles and rattles just like any other cheap office store chair (nobody here is over 200lbs).
The arm pads catch pant pockets with their corners because of the absurd pad shape.
The pads never stay in place, so you can't lean into your chair.. the arms will move on you. Super annoying.
The chair pad reminds me of a cheap car's seat - very hard and uncomfortable.
The fabric is strong and durable but not soft.
The wheels glide very well. In fact don't use on a smooth floor, you'll never stay in place.
There is ZERO lumbar or upper back support, it's all in the middle of your back.
There are a lot of adjustments, but that is fairly standard even in most cheap chairs these days.
None of the basic adjustments on this chair made it "keep worthy" for the 8 people in our office.
All 8 of us agree - it's ugly, mostly due to the large amounts of plastic and 3 tone 80ies color scheme (my fault I choose the color (white/licorice)). It doesn't even look good in our modern "techie" office (IT business), it just looks old (design wise).
Now I get to try and pawn this junk off on a Craigslist fool with more money than brains. I guess I get to meet someone new - that's a positive right? (I'll probably let the intern deal with the Craigslist stuff (looking at you Ben ;) ))
I had a few people sit in it and they all agreed it is extremely comfortable.
Shipping was good, arrived in perfect condition fully assembled.
Honestly I don't know what to say aside from the advertisements for it are true. The reviews online are true. It is really the most comfortable chair I have ever sat in. I love that it is so adjustable. It can be super low to ground or super high almost like a stool. The cushion is amazing super soft.
I will update this review in a few months and let people know if I still feel the same way. But right now it is amazing. If this is within your budget I highly recommend it.