BCA Month Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New Album by Wonderstruck PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment curbpremiere curbpremiere curbpremiere  Three new members of the Echo family Now shipping All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

Customer reviews

Steelheart
Format: Audio CD|Change

on June 28, 2017
Steelheart like many Glam Metal bands seemed to shoot right out of the gate with a great debut album. I don't know what it was about glam, but so many of the bands peaked on their debut or sophomore albums. Steelheart's self titled CD is very well produced with a slick but mature sound. The vocals are point on, not gruff, but not feathery either. Strong songwriting and catchy hooks are abound along with some good guitar work. Fan's on glam metal should have this high on their purchase list.
on October 11, 2012
Steelheart are one of those bands that you hate to admit to anyone that you like, but secretly you're cranking "I'll Never Let You Go" as loud as you possibly can. To be totally honest, I actually am a big fan of what these guys did with their first two records.

There really isn't any way that fans of the melodic rock genre wouldn't absolutely love this record. The songs are all catchy and equally melodic, and Mike just kicks the crap out of the vocals on this record. Songs like "Can't Stand Me Loving You," "Love Ain't Easy," "Down n' Dirty," and quite possibly one of the best ballads ever written, "I'll Never Let You Go" are all terrific. The rest is decent as well, but these were easily the highlights for me.

While I don't think this album is a five-star release, it's pretty close to being in that essential category. Steelheart did manage to release a follow-up record in 1992, but by that time people had long forgotten these guys.
on March 2, 2009
A great album by a band that emerged late on the hair-metal scene. A hair-metal group to the "T", Steelheart struck gold with their song "I'll Never Let You Go". That song, the fourth track on this album, still sounds as spectacular as it did the first time I heard it in the early '90's, sitting on the hood of my friends Olds 442 at the local pizza shop.
As with all great hair-metal bands, a vocalist with an insane vocal range was a key part of the equation, and Mike Matijevic DEFINATELY has the most awesome vocal range of any hair-metal lead singer of the period!
Don't get me wrong, the album's good, with the rest of the songs well put together and executed. I guess I was just feeling a bit nostalgic lately and that lead to this purchase more than anything. If you are gonzo for late 1980's hair-metal, you're sure to love this offering from Steelheart. As for me, it was a CD I felt like adding to my collection mainly for one song. Hey, at the price it's offered at, it still ain't too bad.
on October 19, 2015
Still to this day hits the high notes.. awesome memories... from CT like me... an inspiration to me in what I'm doing..
on March 21, 2014
What kind of deal did this guy sign at the "crossroads" to get this voice?
I heard one of these songs on Pandora, and loved it so much I bought the CD.
Most of the songs on this CD are great.
The song "She's Gone" really showcases Matijevic's vocal prowess.
He has to be one of the most gifted vocalists of that decade (perhaps of all time).
I hated that he had that stage accident, and would have loved to have seen these guys in concert.
Thanks for this one guys!
on March 17, 2017
steelheart is a great band live michael matijevic has best voice in rock .
on March 10, 2013
7 Octaves of HEAVEN. Lots of fun and hard tunes. Soaring opening vocals with 'Love aint Easy', Followed by the sweet romance of 'Cant stop me loving you'. Check out 'Sheila', and the moment when Milli goes into competition with a guitar. Or the instrumental build of the intro to 'Everybody Loves Eileen'. And just for Fun you have 'Like Never Before', 'Gimme Gimme' and 'Down and Dirty'. I loved this album. Not my favourite Steelheart, But in my top 3.
on January 6, 2017
Love this CD. Would recommend this too anyone that is a fan of Steelheart.
on May 30, 2015
Great cd from a hard rock band of the 80's , I didn't know much about them , until I heard one song , & I liked it , bought it from a great seller. Thank you
on August 25, 2016
Great band, great album great songs, and great music...