- Actors: Asia Argento, Thomas Kretschmann, Marco Leonardi, Luigi Diberti, Paolo Bonacelli
- Directors: Dario Argento
- Format: Limited Edition, NTSC, Subtitled, Widescreen
- Language: English
- Subtitles: English
- Region: Region A/1 (Read more about DVD/Blu-ray formats.)
- Number of discs: 3
- Rated: Not RatedUnrated
- Studio: Blue Underground
- DVD Release Date: July 25, 2017
- Run Time: 119 minutes
- Average Customer Review: 77 customer reviews
- ASIN: B071LFWMMV
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #3,894 in Movies & TV (See Top 100 in Movies & TV)
Other Sellers on Amazon
Stendhal Syndrome, The
DTS-HD MA 2.0 Stereo, Limited Edition
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
DARIO ARGENTO'S Masterpiece Of Terror
Uncut, Uncensored And Newly Remastered!
When beautiful police detective Anna Manni follows the bloody trail of a sophisticated serial murderer/rapist through the streets of Italy, the young woman falls victim to the bizarre "Stendhal Syndrome" a hallucinatory phenomenon which causes her to lose her mind and memory in the presence of powerful works of art. Trapped in this twilight realm, Anna plunges deeper and deeper into sexual psychosis, until she comes to know the killer's madness more intimately than she ever imagined.
Horror maestro Dario Argento (SUSPIRIA, OPERA) reaches new heights of florid fantasy and Grand Guignol with this warped work of art starring Maxim Magazine's "Sexiest Woman in the World" Asia Argento (LAND OF THE DEAD, XXX), Thomas Kretschmann (DRACULA 3D, KING KONG) and Marco Leonardi (FROM DUSK TILL DAWN 3, CINEMA PARADISO). Previously edited outside of Italy, Blue Underground proudly presents THE STENDHAL SYNDROME in a gorgeous new 2K restoration from the original camera negative and bursting with brand-new Extras exclusive to this release!
Special Features Disc One:
- NEW Audio Commentary with Troy Howarth, author of So Deadly, So Perverse
- Three Shades Of Asia NEW Interview with Star Asia Argento
- Prisoner Of Art NEW Interview with Co-Writer Franco Ferrini
- Sharp As A Razor NEW Interview with Special Makeup Artist Franco Casagni
- Theatrical Trailer
- Poster & Still Gallery
Special Features Disc Two:
- Director: Dario Argento
- Inspiration: Psychological Consultant Graziella Magherini
- Special Effects: Sergio Stivaletti
- Assistant Director: Luigi Cozzi
- Production Designer: Massimo Antonello Geleng
- BONUS Collectable Booklet with new essay by author Michael Gingold
"Taking Its Rightful Place Alongside The Italian Maestro's Best Films, THE STENDHAL SYNDROME Captures The True Meaning Of Terror In Virtually Every Frame! " ---Blu-ray.com
"A Classic And A Masterpiece… An Engaging Piece Of Filmmaking That Alternates Between The Harrowing And The Beautiful!" ---DVD Times
"A Somber, Brutal, And Nightmarish Film That Begs To Be Considered As A Serious Work Of Art!" ---Mondo Digital
Top customer reviews
I couldn't remember seeing any excessive grain, so I put the disk in again and still didn't see any problems. It was only when I moved 5 feet closer to the TV where I could see some grain, but even then it wasn't much and hardly enough to make the film unwatchable. I read online that part of this grain problem might be from people having the sharpness turned up on their TVs. Maybe someone who has complained about the gran could perhaps check this on their TV and see if the disk looks better with this turned off?
As long as Blue Underground continue to put out these high quality releases, I'll continue to double dip. I would recommend for anyone who is scared off by the reported problems to at least rent the disk and decide for themselves.
A brilliant film, with one of the best performances by Asia Argento ever. A fantastic treatment by VU. But without Troma's dvd-premiere of this film you are certainly not complete!! If you have to choose, get that one.