Step2 LifeStyle Custom Kitchen
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Stainless Steel" oven, microwave, and refrigerator
- Multiple storage drawers and cabinets
- Sink with faucet
- Stove top makes realistic electronic sounds
- 17-piece accessory set included (accessories may vary)
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
My daughter very much enjoys playing with this. She's played with it regularly since we purchased it. She makes all sorts of meals and serves them to both my husband and me. It comes with some flatware, dishes and cups. I don't remember if it came with any food, but we've bought a few sets of food since. So, with the food we purchased, she makes pizza, cuts vegetables and fruits, serves sushi, cakes, etc. Sometimes she "makes" some very weird combinations, but has a grand time doing it!
One reviewer expressed displeasure with this purchase and expressed his fear of the kitchen tipping over on his child. I used to have a similar kitchen when my older daughter was much younger. We put that one in a carpeted room and it's true-- it was unstable even though that kitchen was considered high quality. This one, however, we have in our own kitchen and it's very stable on our hard floor. I'd recommend putting these things on tile or wood rather than carpet for that very reason. The counters and main structure is made of very sturdy plastic. The refrigerator, oven, and microwave doors are made of the thinner, less sturdy plastic.
All in all, although my husband wishes we could get rid of it already, my daughter likes this still. She definitely goes over to it at least once per day, usually more, and plays around with some part of it every day whether the pots and pans, foods, or phone.
This product comes with the following extras: two bowls, two plates, two spoons, two knives, two special pans with lids (one sizzles, one boils- even making the sound of water hitting the burner!), two cups, one phone (which also generates sound), and salt & pepper shakers. (You will need to buy food.)
We chose this product for a number of reasons:
- It provides just the right amount of sounds. We wanted to have some sound effects, but not so many that it inhibited creativity. This has the perfect combo.
- The doors to the appliances open like real appliances-- unlike other toy kitchen sets we looked at.
- It is sturdy and a good height. He won't outgrow it for a while.
- There is plenty of storage space (three drawers and a cabinet- plus the refrigerator and stove), good counter space, and the cutest little dish shelf. Other kitchen sets offered extras such as dishwashers, but nothing in this range offered the same amount of counter and storage space. It really helps make it feel like a real kitchen.
The only cons:
- I wish it had a full-sized refrigerator, but most kitchen sets don't. And I knew that when I bought it, so I can't really complain!
- The "magic" burner which generates the sounds doesn't sit quite level. But it doesn't inhibit play, and our son hasn't noticed at all.
It did take my husband about an hour to put it together (with stickers), but he actually said he enjoyed putting this toy together.
All in all, we are thrilled with this kitchen set and know we made the right decision.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
We recently received the LifeStyle Custom Kitchen from Step2 as a part of their toy tester program. It took my three year old and I about 15 minutes or so to assemble this. Read morePublished 11 months ago by Amazon Customer
I use this in my childcare. After 3 years and much use it still looks new. Even the battery operated parts work with no replacement batteries yet. Read morePublished 19 months ago by Edie
My daughter has had this toy for a couple of years and she still uses it.Published 22 months ago by NenaOchoa
I have this same kitchen except the counter is maroon on mine. Got this for my 15 month old daughter and she is obsessed with it!!! Read morePublished 24 months ago by Christy DiCianni