Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Step2 Naturally Playful Sand & Water Center
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Features two sides of play - one for water and one for sand
- Wood crafted styling blends well with natural landscapes
- Includes 8-piece accessory kit: umbrella, 2 bridges, 2 boats, 2 pots and 1 shovel
- Umbrella designed to provide your children protection from the sun
- Elastic tie-downs keep lid secure and legs are detachable for easy storage
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
Old Review from May 2007:
First of all, we have had this toy for 3 years and it still looks like the first day it came out of the box (in the BLAZING Texas sun). Also, it has been moved around too many times to count and is still as strong as ever. It's durable. Plus, it really does keep water out and the cover stays put tightly even through the most violent and windy thunderstorms. The umbrella is awesome, although I did have to replace it once due to weathering. I soooooooo don't care. Read on...
I'm on my third child now and if there is one thing I'm sick of, it's the toy that's a one-trick pony. I'm really looking for more versatility in a toy. That said, let me tell you why we will keep this toy until the kids outgrow it even though we also have an 8x10 ft. sandbox in the back yard.Read more ›
Things to know:
1) do NOT cut the black cord on the outside of the box. This holds the top on and makes it resistant to rain getting into the toy. This is not evident when you purchase it, as the instruction manual is inside the box. (thank you other reviewer for this tip!)
2) The umbrella is a true navy, not black as it appears in the picture
3) get over your dreams of a perfect sand and water table, with the sand in one area and the water in the other. My son loves the sand and throws it all around our deck. He mixes the water in the sand area and vise versa. Let it go, as hard as it is.
4) the sand area holds 40 lbs. of sand. An average bag is 50 lbs (around $5) But get a second bag anyway (see #3)
(Update: Sept 13) We've had this table for months now and I wanted to make some additional comments. The table is diffucult to move by yourself but I have my 3 yr old help me, she can easily carry the water side as long as there is no water in it. We have also taken this to a couple of family functions to keep my daughter from digging in the dirt or the flower beds, etc.Read more ›
Seriously though, we have a 1, 3, and 5 year old and all three enjoy this. I'd say that ~8 years might be the upper limit at which point kids might start to get bored...
UPDATE: I'd still stick with ~8 years as the upper limit, ours are now 3, 5, and 8 and it's clearly the younger two that enjoy this the most. We're not on about our 5th year with this....
I'd recommend not filling the sand side up all the way as the kids enjoy it just as much with only an inch or less of sand. Also you end up buying sand less often this way - it seems universal that they DO NOT want to keep the sand on the table.
Note that there is a water drain ONLY on the "wet" side so you may have to bail the "sand" side out when they start moving the water around.
It came with a few boats, bridges, etc. Naturally, Hot Wheels and other toys will end up here. Consider adding a few empty yogurt cups, plastic utensils, etc to the mix. It's amazing how much fun and unstructured play they can have with these.
The umbrella is a nice touch as our deck is very sunny. If you don't need it for this toy you can still use it elsewhere as it's basically a beach umbrella with a shorter stick. The original umbrella is in a matching color, though if you need a replacement it seems Dollar stores sell one that is identical except for color. UPDATE: We bought another umbrella at Harbor Freight - same style except it tilts for better sun protection.
My one complaint is that the top tends to collect water.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
this is a great deal,very sturdy ,meets all my expectations I will recommend this product it is perfect for our three year old grandson.Published 1 day ago by Amazon Customer
My daughter loves this, and the umbrella was a nice addition. My only concern was the sturdiness of the legs but they have held up well so far. Good valuePublished 3 days ago
My grandson loves the sand table and always plays in it when he visits! He especially loves the water side of it and spends his day enjoying it!Published 4 days ago by mary peterson
This product has it's flaws but my 3 year old loves it. The first one we received leaked through the legs on the water side. Read morePublished 4 days ago by Leah Unverferth
My son loves this, very helpful for the afternoon play next to the pool, sturdy and safe to leave outdoors. quite the amount of sand that uses but overall a good buy.Published 8 days ago by Cesar De Los Santos
We love this sandbox. I I've the umbrella and the drain. My kids do mix sand and water but they would do that with any rave. Read morePublished 13 days ago by Julie M