Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning ballerss3 ballerss3,
image-map-link=rect  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7, starting at $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 53 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 78 reviews
on July 13, 2016
I love this book. I mostly gathered that the theme is to bring you back to the reason you decided to become a family. How to argue appropriately and to realize that you may not be fighting about what you (or your kids) think you're fighting about. It gives a good perspective and allows a different thought process in the household merger and how to overcome those obstacles.
on February 13, 2016
Gives me more to think about as I ready myself to meet my S.O's kids. It brings up a lot of points that I didn't think about before. I feel better prepared.
on March 25, 2017
Good read for divorced parents starting to date again.
on February 8, 2016
I haven't finished reading the book (yet) but that's because we decided to read and discuss the topics together. So far we have been able to cover sensitive ground in a neutral way- because of the way the authors approach different pitfalls. I'm really glad that we found this resource for our family!
on July 24, 2017
Okay book. Some good nuggets of info.
on August 5, 2017
Good but nothing new or thought provoking.
on April 27, 2016
Extremely helpful for my unique situation. I am the 'bonus mom' to three kids and have no kids of my own. Many books don't talk much about the childless step-parents so I appreciate it! Great tips and great stories. Thankful for this book.
on March 25, 2010
Susan Wisdom has written a book that I consider one of the Essential must reads if you are in stepfamily life. Navigating a relationship where there are children from a prior relationship is a completely different experience. It is often isolating and while other couples books have good information, they completely miss what is uniquely challenging about stepfamily life. But the voice of experience is there in Stepcoupling. It is a must read for any couple in stepfamily life. It will give you an understanding of what is unique to your family and how to navigate the stepfamily issues and keep your couples relationship strong. I recommend this book on my radio show and when I lecture because it is a must have. Susan Swanson,LCSW Executive Director of The Stepfamily Center.
on January 3, 2013
If you're looking for a book that speaks to your emotional concerns related to step coupling, this book will feel too shallow. it only skims the surface of psychological issues and emotions related to step coupling. However, it does feature helpful anecdotes from real life couples and some basic questions to address with your partner prior to step coupling. But if you're looking for deeper guidance on how to coparent step kids, when and how to move in together, etc- you won't find it. I'd consider this a supplemental guide and not a primary resource for couples.
on May 16, 2017
I did not find this book to be particularly good. The writing felt super scattered and I felt like similar advice was given in each and every chapter.