|Print List Price:||$13.99|
Save $10.00 (71%)
10 Steps to Girlfriend Status (The Bird Face Series Book 2) Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
|Length: 203 pages||Word Wise: Enabled||Enhanced Typesetting: Enabled|
|Page Flip: Enabled||
Matchbook Price: $1.99
For thousands of qualifying books, your past, present, and future print-edition purchases now lets you buy the Kindle edition for $2.99 or less. (Textbooks available for $9.99 or less.)
- Similar books to 10 Steps to Girlfriend Status (The Bird Face Series Book 2)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Top Customer Reviews
Cynthia Toney brings back to my mind all those horrible insecurities of the teen years, and weaves a story of wise advice against the background of our nation's history in race relations.
Wendy wants what every teenage girl--indeed, almost anyone of any age--wants... to be liked for who she is. But who is she? Friend, girlfriend, sister, stepdaughter... every aspect of her life seems to demand something different from her. Can everyone who matters to her accept her in all the roles she has to play in all their lives?
With refreshing candidness, the author lets us see through Wendy's eyes as she navigates her first crush, her first heartbreak, her first dealings with mortality, and the difficulties in blending a family and learning about dark family secrets. I hope the author continues to document Wendy's growth for us in future books.
I loved the humor, fun writing style, and character development in this story, just as I did in the first book in this series, 8 Notes to a Nobody. The characters do not fit neatly into any stereotypes, often seeming to surprise Wendy with their behavior. My favorite character was Sam, the deaf grandson of Mrs. V. Too often we jump to conclusions about people with special needs or challenges, but Wendy soon discovers this character faces his own fears, goals, challenges, and needs, just like any teen. I hope that Sam will be in the next book in this series!
While I particularly enjoyed watching the mystery of the scandal from the past unfold, I was able to relate to the challenges of fitting in and finding yourself in high school. I remember how starting a new school threw everything in my life out of whack, and I often felt like a fish out of water. This story shows the importance of deciding what type of person you want to be. Wendy and all the characters grow in this story of friendship and forgiveness, a story teen and preteens are sure to enjoy.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Christian Books & Bibles > Literature & Fiction
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > Literature & Fiction
- Books > Teen & Young Adult > Literature & Fiction > Social & Family Issues > Dating & Sex
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Diseases & Physical Ailments > Alzheimer's Disease
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Diseases & Physical Ailments > Hearing Problems
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Religion & Spirituality > Christian Books & Bibles > Christian Fiction
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Teen & Young Adult > Literature & Fiction > Social & Family Issues > Dating & Sex